It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Active Shooter Las Vegas, Mandalay Bay

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 03:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
Just a reminder -
In situations like this you will have people misreport things, like someone with a weapon. Its not intentional but a result of adrenaline and fear.

You also have other crimes occurring. The city / crime does not shut down when a major incident occurs.

You will also have people with their own firearms / other law enforcement / plain clothes officers / detectives / federal agents.

Sometimes all people see is the weapon and not the badge / credentials with it.

Just food for thought. These situations are very fluid and trying to maintain some semblance of order can be difficult, especially when many civilians are involved.

EXACTLY. Set your biases and labels aside and CRITICALLY THINK THIS ONE OUT...here we have the opportunity to analyze this as this ISN'T NEW TO US!!!

DO YOUR DUE DILIGENCE ATS!!

link   
This is becoming way to common place. Thoughts for all the victims and witnesses.

link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Bottom line gunfire would echo off the buildings.. and they are looking for two vehicles registeredto the suspect and the womanthey believe was with him.
edit on 10/2/17 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 03:31 AM
link   
What's with the folks in this thread posting a smiley face emoticon then a sad face, at the end of their posts? I get the sad face, but what's with posting the the smiley face first?
edit on 2-10-2017 by KansasGirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Thanks for posting this...

A sad day again for America...

This will be a more catalysing event for the USA I think.

Similar to another 9-11 I would think.

Saying some prayers for folks in Las Vegas... will be bracing for very sad news in the next day or two as the real numbers come in.

Las Vegas was identified back in May as a prime target for an attack.. now it has happened..

A very sad and tragic thing to see..

Supposedly as of me writing this post, they are in "containment mode" in Las Vegas, NV..

Some twitter chatter about a single shooter too??? hmm... time will tell, things still very confusing now..

Pravdaseeker

a reply to: Bluesma

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 03:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
a reply to: Xcathdra

Bottom line gunfire would echo off the buildings.

That's what it sounded like to me in the videos posted to Twitter -- echoing. It's quite possible the echoing made it sound like there was a lot more weapons than there really were.

link   
Thank you for the info... is it possible echoes played a factor in how many shots it sounded like?

originally posted by: Jacksonsman1
Just heard the clearest audio from the shooting I've heard yet. First burst sounded like two automatic rifles firing at diferent sequences or maybe rates of fire. Second burst sounded like an automatic rifle and (what sounded to me) like a pistol calibre carbine firing Automatically. None of them sounded Semi-Automatic at all to my ears not in the least.

So, if it was one guy/girl, then he would have had three weapons. The carbine, and the two rifles. That's a lot of gun to be handling and changing magazines by ones-self. Also the legalities of purchasing such arms is very comprehensive and very cost prohibitive. So that would be another barrier to entry and problem for the single shooter. I can't speak to anything black market as I have no idea. Some weapons are not hard to modify yourself though from semi to Automatic.

Either way, there is no way that was a single shooter in my mind. I'd like to know how he managed it all if it was. Super skeptical if they declare it a single individual.

Also that was a ton of speculation on my part, but have a good bit of experience around automatic rifles, and some with automatic pistol carbines though not near as much as with rifles.... so grains of salt need to be taken.

link   
32nd floor, local resident shooter, cops engaged him, did not give his name.

Looking for that Mary Danly.

APB for her, I guess.

Asking for vids.

From the News conference with the sheriff.

edit on 10 2 2017 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 03:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

originally posted by: Konduit
[SNIP]

Look at his favorite TV show.....Rachel Maddow
Possible shooter?...who knows?
Deranged fool for liking Maddow?...definitely.

Look at the list of "other" underneath it.

I see it now......total derangement for sure.

What was on the list of "other"?

link   
Getting rumors over social media that 2 suspects are Asian. Cannot confirm.

Norks?

link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Yes but echos are identical copies of the original source of sound. You wont hear different patterns or rhythms. Watch this video. It starts off with one automatic gun firing constantly, then at .05 seconds another gun starts to fire 4 shots, pause, 4 shots.

twitter.com...

There is definitely at least two guns firing in the video, and I will be upset if they don't find another gunner.
edit on 2-10-2017 by anonfamily because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Press conference:

100+ injured ans 20+ dead

Shooter was a Las Vegas resident. The person of interest was the shooter's 'roommate'.
edit on 2-10-2017 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Norks?

The gal they are looking for is asian. Mary Danly.

Person of interest.

Wow, 20+ dead 100+ injured.

edit on 10 2 2017 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Press conference:

Pretty confident that there's no longer a threat. Believed to be a local individual. Not at liberaty to give name nor know his belief system.

Conference over now:
They believe 100 plus injured. Twenty plus dead. Reporters and more were correct from earlier Tweets. They dot know the exact numbers. Two police being treated. The off duty police attending concert may have died. Not from video but earlier Tweets and info being shared: Off duty officers deceased from California I believe.

edit on 2-10-2017 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-10-2017 by dreamingawake because: correction

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Police confirmed that they are looking for Marilou Danley who was traveling with the suspect. www.linkedin.com... you can see her picture here and I'm pretty sure that is her.

link   
BNO News ✔ @BNONews
Replying to @BNONews
BREAKING: Las Vegas gunman identified as a local resident, manhunt underway for his female companion

Weird

Didn't someone mention a hispanic couple getting kicked out of the venue after making threats?
edit on 0220171020171 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

link   

Norks?

doubtful... If true it would be the end of North Korean leadership.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 03:37 AM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Her FB page has that she checked into Mandalay Bay at least twice in 2014.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 03:38 AM
link   
mom's going to fix it all soon
edit on 2-10-2017 by StoicMystic because: mispell

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 03:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheOnlyBilko

[SNIP]

Look at his favorite TV show.....Rachel Maddow
Possible shooter?...who knows?
Deranged fool for liking Maddow?...definitely.

Look at the list of "other" underneath it.

I see it now......total derangement for sure.

What was on the list of "other"?

Links to every Leftist organization under the sun.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join