It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Active Shooter Las Vegas, Mandalay Bay

page: 118
<< 115  116  117    119  120  121 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

I appreciate your information but do you really want to be posting what fire power you have on social media?

Just asking.
edit on 3654Monday201713 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

link   
a reply to: GuidedKill

go back and check my edit.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: silo13

i see no problem with it, it is a legal activity.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: silo13

originally posted by: GuidedKill

originally posted by: JinMI

I don't think the fact that he was old should determine that he was weak. Clearly he was an enthusiast.

It’s more of the availability of that weapon platform to the public no less a bunch of extra barrels laying around just for zombies and your random mass murder... get a grip man.

Platform alone is 6 figures and maybe only a half a dozen in private hands... and I know two guys that have them. It’s a super super rare gun for the public and even super rich to have in America period.

Barrels? I take it you're using that as a euphemism for guns? Because believe me - that guy was NOT changing 'barrels' - not possible. Even if you have a Thompson Contender Unit (interchangeable barrels) there's NO way he was changing 'barrels'.

Its not hard to swap barrels if you are familiar with the platform. it can be done in under 3 minutes if youre good at it with that gun i mentioned. @ guided listen to a 249 firing and compare it to the sound of a fully auto m-16/15

Ive listened to all the guns in various vids. the sounds too heavy for a AR even with th e 100 round magazine. thos eburst were longer than th eones from a AR as well in comparison.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 09:56 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 09:59 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

I agree, I had a Thompson and it's not difficult to change - but I still don't hear a 'change time' in his gun fire.

Which either means more than one shooter or they guy is a super hero of changing (HOT) barrels?

Beats me.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie

go back and check my edit.

youtu.be...

Sent from phone... sorry about Link.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie
a reply to: silo13

i see no problem with it, it is a legal activity.

I agree.

But after this incident? For how long?

Just watching your back. Not that you need it.
edit on 2402Monday201713 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Multiple shooters from different locations, levels. In all the audio you can make out 2 different Automatics.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Are there any pictures or social media profiles of the alleged perp in this thread? Or just the closed-eyed fuzzy one?

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 10:07 PM
link   

There is no such thing as an "M-15". If you can change a barrel on an "AR-15" in less than "3 minutes"...well, I have a really good paying job for you!! Seriously! It takes a special barrel wrench and a big vice with special jaws. Tightening the barrel and adjusting the headspace takes even more time still...and new barrels rarely ever line up with the action, so the barrel nut won't tighten to the proper angle. Like I said, if you can do it in 3 minutes...you're hired!! (never seen anyone do it in 3 minutes...not EVAR!)

An M-249 SAW sounds nothing like an M-16 (unless you're standing right next to both and then they only sound the same because your ears are ringing). At a distance, like this shooter was, they sound nothing like each other! An M-249 shoots a 7.62mm x 51mm cartridge (or '7.62 NATO round). An M-16 shoots a 5.56mm x 45mm cartridge (5.56 NATO). They're not even close (i.e. .22 caliber vs .30 caliber...and a much larger case on the 7.62 NATO.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: silo13

originally posted by: JinMI

I don't think the fact that he was old should determine that he was weak. Clearly he was an enthusiast.

It’s more of the availability of that weapon platform to the public no less a bunch of extra barrels laying around just for zombies and your random mass murder... get a grip man.

Platform alone is 6 figures and maybe only a half a dozen in private hands... and I know two guys that have them. It’s a super super rare gun for the public and even super rich to have in America period.

Barrels? I take it you're using that as a euphemism for guns? Because believe me - that guy was NOT changing 'barrels' - not possible. Even if you have a Thompson Contender Unit (interchangeable barrels) there's NO way he was changing 'barrels'.

Its not hard to swap barrels if you are familiar with the platform. it can be done in under 3 minutes if youre good at it with that gun i mentioned. @ guided listen to a 249 firing and compare it to the sound of a fully auto m-16/15

Ive listened to all the guns in various vids. the sounds too heavy for a AR even with th e 100 round magazine. thos eburst were longer than th eones from a AR as well in comparison.

What are you talking about?

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

There is no such thing as an "M-15". If you can change a barrel on an "AR-15" in less than "3 minutes"...well, I have a really good paying job for you!! Seriously! It takes a special barrel wrench and a big vice with special jaws. Tightening the barrel and adjusting the headspace takes even more time still...and new barrels rarely ever line up with the action, so the barrel nut won't tighten to the proper angle. Like I said, if you can do it in 3 minutes...you're hired!! (never seen anyone do it in 3 minutes...not EVAR!)

An M-249 SAW sounds nothing like an M-16 (unless you're standing right next to both and then they only sound the same because your ears are ringing). At a distance, like this shooter was, they sound nothing like each other! An M-249 shoots a 7.62mm x 51mm cartridge (or '7.62 NATO round). An M-16 shoots a 5.56mm x 45mm cartridge (5.56 NATO). They're not even close (i.e. .22 caliber vs .30 caliber...and a much larger case on the 7.62 NATO.

Thank you sir... I was getting blue in the face..

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: antar

There are many if you check FB, etc.

*hugs*

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: antar

NO! What you are hearing is not two different guns (listen to the patterns), it's the same one. What you're hearing is the sonic crack of the projectile breaking the sound barrier, followed by the report of the charge ignition. This is a common misunderstanding.

This is also why only sub-sonic ammunition can be used in a firearm with a suppressor, or "silencer". Super sonic ammunition (which most is) will not be silenced by a silencer because you still here the sonic 'crack' of the projectile breaking the sound barrier.

ETA...so it would only silence the boom, but not the crack. That sharp crackling sound you hear is the sonic 'crack' (or boom). It doesn't go "BOOM" because it is just a small object, but if it was larger like an aircraft it would.

edit on 10/2/2017 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   
A bird said:

This Stephen Paddock guy is a patsy. ISIS was the real shooter(s). There were multiple shooters in the same room, and shooters in a near by room, which is why there are two broken windows and so many guns.

You know how hard it is to get a room at Mandalay when there is a concert of 40k people scheduled? Especially getting a room of your choice that would have a good vantage point of the concert? That is because they didn't get that room, they just walked to the room they wanted, and they held the person staying in that room (Stephen Paddock) at gunpoint while they did their massacre.

As soon as their lookout on the first floor signaled that police have arrived, they shot Stephen Paddock in the head and made it look like a suicide. Then they went to other rooms they were staying in to hide. Now everyone thinks its this lone ranger no good nobody that did it, and the guys that really did it got away free.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
This is what I think he was using.

That or some other trigger mod like a binary trigger. Both the AK and the AR platform can be modded this way.

I tend to agree. The videos I listened to didn't sound like auto fire to me. Apparently if folks haven't heard actual auto fire they tend to think that anything fast is automatic. Several years ago when our neighbor (who had served in the 101st Airborne in Vietnam) had a range set up where we burned lots of powder, a newbie in the neighborhood called the sheriff's office and reported that there was a machine gun being fired in the neighborhood! Thankfully, we knew the sheriff and the deputies so when a deputy showed up to confirm it was us, he was grinning---"I hear y'all got a machine gun out here. Can I have a try with it?" Of course, he knew we didn't have a fully automatic weapon.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma>>> I think we have the smoking gun here. Literally. Back in June, on the day the gun silencer bill was to be reviewed in committee, they had the congressional shooting in DC. That caused it to be delayed until September. Now it passed and was scheduled to be up for a full vote this week, where it was expected to pass. And then they have this Las Vegas massacre and that is being used to demand that the bill be dropped completely. Hillary remarked immediately that the carnage would have been worse had he used a silencer. I might wonder why a gun nut who could get automatic weapons WOULDN'T have silencers when he could legally obtain them. This massacre reeked of being politically motivated and professionally organized and was NOT the work of one lone psychopath. Dig into the guys background and you'll find he had contacts with some groups that were ex military or feds. They want gun control and they'll have it even if they have to shoot and murder us to get it.

top topics

<< 115  116  117    119  120  121 >>

join