It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Active Shooter Las Vegas, Mandalay Bay

page: 117
<< 114  115  116    118  119  120 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Is the gf Filipino?

That's what they say.

The Ar-15's were modded to take different size bullets, too.

I don't know what any of that entails to be done, tho.

Seems like one would need different parts machined pretty well.

Maybe beyond what one can do without the machinery at home?

So who did it?

My understanding is the longer ones that fit in the M16 can fit in the AR15 which normally takes a .223 but I am absolutely NOT a weapons expert and probably just proved it...LOL

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

I would be surprised if he modded them to accept a different calibre. Maybe he had one in .308 or something. I don't know of a reason why you would mod one instead of just buying what you want.

link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie
a reply to: GuidedKill
cilvilan ar's chambered for 5.56 can handle the pressures.

5.56 is basically the same as .223... it’s not the gas pressure of the barrel or the round that’s the issue more that the tolerances of the components under automatic fire... they tend to warp and cause Carrier tilt or other bolt malfunctions over time. Could cause a serious malfunction. Not saying it can’t be don’t and that people don’t do it. Just saying it’s dangerous over time and as more rounds are out through the gun.

link   

originally posted by: Domo1
a reply to: silo13

Were they all long guns? Pistols are pretty light and depending compact.

Well, I know my H&K P7 M13 could do a hearty 14 rounds (among other makes), but I'm believing he used a 'long riffle' as the capacity is much greater, and faster. All those bananas.

edit on 4037Monday201713 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

I doubt that it is too easy to remove them. The point of non-opening windows is to keep people from accidentally falling out or intentionally jumping to their deaths.
The shooter removed the windows by breaking them out with a 'hammer-like object'. If it was easy to take them out, I doubt that he would have risked injury by breaking them.

Commercial windows are made of tempered glass which when struck shatters into small pebbles

If wanted to away falling debris from windows could simply use duct tape on windows before breaking them

Duct tape would hold fragments together and allow it to be removed in one piece

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: GuidedKill

originally posted by: JinMI

I don't think the fact that he was old should determine that he was weak. Clearly he was an enthusiast.

It’s more of the availability of that weapon platform to the public no less a bunch of extra barrels laying around just for zombies and your random mass murder... get a grip man.

Platform alone is 6 figures and maybe only a half a dozen in private hands... and I know two guys that have them. It’s a super super rare gun for the public and even super rich to have in America period.

Back up.

Did I make a claim other that he was an enthusiast and that he more than likely had experience in whatever platform he chose to use?

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: silo13

Sorry if my post wasn't concise, but I meant it in the context of fatigue and endurance, not mental state.

Thank you kind Sir.

What I don't get is what 'endurance' has to do with it?

In my personal experience - I could pop off hundred of rounds without a cramp?

Plus - I would think he was pretty hyped up - all that adrenaline you get from, well, doing something such?

Again, what am I missing?

Thanks.

I don't know what you posted too far in the past but from what I can see, the consensus to base a FFE or other conspiracy is that he was old, therefor physically inept.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 09:38 PM
link   

I don't think the fact that he was old should determine that he was weak. Clearly he was an enthusiast.

It’s more of the availability of that weapon platform to the public no less a bunch of extra barrels laying around just for zombies and your random mass murder... get a grip man.

Platform alone is 6 figures and maybe only a half a dozen in private hands... and I know two guys that have them. It’s a super super rare gun for the public and even super rich to have in America period.

Barrels? I take it you're using that as a euphemism for guns? Because believe me - that guy was NOT changing 'barrels' - not possible. Even if you have a Thompson Contender Unit (interchangeable barrels) there's NO way he was changing 'barrels'.

I relying to someone who suggested he was using a m249 and the pause between firing was him chasing the box magazine and a hot barrel...

I was informing that person that was highly unlikely do the the gun not being available no less extra barrels to change.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 09:41 PM
link   

My point being that he didn't necessarily use all the guns he had with him. You hear 23 guns and you think rifles, but I'm saying it would be pretty easy to smuggle in A LOT of pistols and that perhaps they were backups or something.

No idea, just throwing it out there.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Is the gf Filipino?

That's what they say.

The Ar-15's were modded to take different size bullets, too.

I don't know what any of that entails to be done, tho.

Seems like one would need different parts machined pretty well.

Maybe beyond what one can do without the machinery at home?

So who did it?

My understanding is the longer ones that fit in the M16 can fit in the AR15 which normally takes a .223 but I am absolutely NOT a weapons expert and probably just proved it...LOL

AR 15 converted from 5.56 to 7.62 are called AR-10’s. It involves a different upper and lower. Not conversion but a different caliber in the same AR platform.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1

My point being that he didn't necessarily use all the guns he had with him. You hear 23 guns and you think rifles, but I'm saying it would be pretty easy to smuggle in A LOT of pistols and that perhaps they were backups or something.

No idea, just throwing it out there.

Oh, gotch'a! Now I get your point. Forgive my thickheadedness. (I think that's a word).

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 09:43 PM
link   

did i not say that you can get all needed, example.
ROWNELLS - M16 MIL-SPEC MP/HPT BOLT CARRIER GROUP

just 140 bucks plus shipping and tax, i have two.

edit on 2-10-2017 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: Bluesma

We need to start distributing crazy bright (10k lumens 8x Cree XMLs, or better) to everyone at 'mass' gatherings. That you way can at least permanently blind the bastards even in broad daylight. Just take a deposit on the 'flashlights'.

link   

Back up.

Did I make a claim other that he was an enthusiast and that he more than likely had experience in whatever platform he chose to use?

Not that platform.. even enthusiastic guns owners and collections rarely see that gun. I only had access to it from my past LE experience and me working closely with the local military during that time. Even the peole I know who privately own one very rarely fire it.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Fair enough but I didn't indicate that he used anything other than possibly the AR platform.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   

and here is a nearly complete mil spec rifle, just 500bucks plus shipping and tax.

AERO PRECISION - OEM MID-LENGTH 16" RIFLE

edit on 2-10-2017 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Read through 90 pages then skipped to the most current posts. Do we have any idea of the actual firearms he had ? The news is all over the place about it now it seems.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie

and here is a nearly complete mil spec rifle, just 500bucks plus shipping and tax.

That’s only the bolt... one part of many that will be pushed to the limit by making that conversion. Like I said it can be done just not recommended.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 09:52 PM
link   
For the record, perhaps for some of the less informed...

1. An "AR-10" is chambered in 7.62 NATO (i.e. .308). No modifications required.

2. As I think may have already been posted here, "AR" does not stand for 'assault rifle'. It stands for "Armalite Rifle"

3. According to my calculations, the LV shooter took the shots from about 347m LOS (333m horizontal and about 380 feet in elevation).

4. Not an easy shot for even a reasonably good shot. Certainly not downhill and at night. An expert maybe, but not an easy shot for an amateur by any stretch!

Granted, the sick twisted bastage was shooting into a crowd of tightly grouped people, but still if you look carefully at the videos you will see his first shots hit dead center in the crowd about 25m back from the stage. This sicko practiced those shots, else he'd have never been able to make that distance at night...and he would have no visual impact reference in the dark. He didn't "walk" the shots in, he hit his aim point on the initial volley.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358
a reply to: firerescue

Of course a true conspiracy theorist would have already come up with a theory that a second shooter from the Mossad/CIA/NSA removed the windows to shoot After finishing shooting a team of ninja glaziers replaced the windows before the police arrived .....

Don't forget, he walked in through the front doors with his 10 pieces of luggage and ... a big pane of glass.

Not likely is it?

P

A 'big pane of glass' ???

What did I miss?

Clearly, he was going to exhibit at the gun show and needed some bullet proof glass to demonstrate with.

new topics

top topics

<< 114  115  116    118  119  120 >>

join