It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Active Shooter Las Vegas, Mandalay Bay

page: 116
<< 113  114  115    117  118  119 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: roccodog
It's not an Uzi. Uzi has a maybe a 6 inch barrel, fires 9 mm PISTOL ammo, and usually has a 33 round magazine. If you believe the 1200 ft that has been quoted from shooter to targets, that is a hugely ineffective round at that range. Average 9 mm (124 gr bullet) drops 12 inches at 100 yards and exponentially further the longer it travels. 400 yard drop would be 48 to 60 inches, at least. That is not only inaccurate but virtually impossible to aim effectively-even at a large crowd.

Also, if you listen to the sound/cyclic rate of fire in the videos, it neither sounds like nor cycles like an Uzi. It is not an Uzi. Hint-listen to videos of M249 firing-much closer, I would say.

Sorry-I haven't figured out how to quote and reply to previous posts, so please disregard as this is not in the correct chronological order.

Ive said it was a M-249 too earlier. Lenght of fire and amount of fire. then th emomentary lull as he swapped barrels out and reloaded.

link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: neo96

Given the reported amount of guns confiscated, I would assume he was an enthusiast.

I am an enthusiast, but I don't take my guns with me when I go on vacation.

And yes a dead guy wasn't using them anymore so why not 'confiscate' them.

Especially the ones he left home.

link   
a reply to: Konduit

if i'm not mistaken it was reported that two bipods were found in the room.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse
a reply to: GuidedKill

Yes, conversion kits can be bought online. But unless you are a police officer/federal agent you can't get one without an extensive background check, which would have found out this man is a psychopath.

I was browsing through the ATF website, it seems like it is possible to convert a semi auto rifle to full auto with a conversion kit as long as you have prior approval from the ATF to make it.

Anyone legally convert a AR15 to full auto ?? Would love to hear some info if you did.

thanks

Lots of people do it perfectly legally.

You need to buy a registered DIAS or get your SOT license.

Drop In Auto Sear

Federal Firearms License - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

www.northwestfirearms.com...

i am not posting names here, but you can check the website.

That’s for a full auto sear. That’s basically taking an AR platform back to original and making it cycle full auto. That’s the poor Mans way of legally reaching full auto but it’s dangerous as the civilian platforms are not really built to handle that pressure of automatic fire over time and are subject to malfunction usually due to carrier tilt or similar breakdowns.....those would require serious back ground checks and mental illness would be a factor.

The kits I’m talking about are trigger mods or bump stock kits are they require no ATF back ground check. They only require knowledge of firearms and tools to install the parts. I’m guessing these are what he did and what the Las Vegas police are talking about when they say modified weapons. Not machine guns.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Is anyone getting any more information on the perp from the media? It seems like we still don't know anything outside of what internet sleuths have found out.

This is seeming more and more like a case of Coulter's Law. If he was a white supremacist Trump supporter... we would probably already know his entire background by now and what he eats for breakfast on a Sunday morning.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: roccodog
It's not an Uzi. Uzi has a maybe a 6 inch barrel, fires 9 mm PISTOL ammo, and usually has a 33 round magazine. If you believe the 1200 ft that has been quoted from shooter to targets, that is a hugely ineffective round at that range. Average 9 mm (124 gr bullet) drops 12 inches at 100 yards and exponentially further the longer it travels. 400 yard drop would be 48 to 60 inches, at least. That is not only inaccurate but virtually impossible to aim effectively-even at a large crowd.

Also, if you listen to the sound/cyclic rate of fire in the videos, it neither sounds like nor cycles like an Uzi. It is not an Uzi. Hint-listen to videos of M249 firing-much closer, I would say.

Sorry-I haven't figured out how to quote and reply to previous posts, so please disregard as this is not in the correct chronological order.

Ive said it was a M-249 too earlier. Lenght of fire and amount of fire. then th emomentary lull as he swapped barrels out and reloaded.

Defiantly not a m249 and that old man wasn’t switching barrels and box magazines.... stop watching so many movies.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
Is anyone getting any more information on the perp from the media? It seems like we still don't know anything outside of what internet sleuths have found out.

This is seeming more and more like a case of Coulter's Law. If he was a white supremacist Trump supporter... we would probably already know his entire background by now and what he eats for breakfast on a Sunday morning.

While nothing can be construed as actual evidence yet, you bring up a valid point. What aren't 'they' talking about?

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Anyone thinking another shooter is in ANY part of the hotel, why aren't any other windows of the Mandalay Bay shattered?

Some of you people will fall for anything.

This is the EXACT reason why people look down on conspiracy theorists.

a reply to: GeechQuestInfo

Of course a true conspiracy theorist would have already come up with a theory that a second shooter from the Mossad/CIA/NSA removed the windows to shoot

After finishing shooting a team of ninja glaziers replaced the windows before the police arrived .....

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   

I don't think the fact that he was old should determine that he was weak. Clearly he was an enthusiast.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: firerescue

Of course a true conspiracy theorist would have already come up with a theory that a second shooter from the Mossad/CIA/NSA removed the windows to shoot After finishing shooting a team of ninja glaziers replaced the windows before the police arrived .....

Don't forget, he walked in through the front doors with his 10 pieces of luggage and ... a big pane of glass.

Not likely is it?

P

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 09:24 PM
link   

I don't think the fact that he was old should determine that he was weak. Clearly he was an enthusiast.

Not to be picky but I am a gun 'enthusiast' but that doesn't make me want to become or that I am or will become a mass murderer.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358
a reply to: firerescue

Of course a true conspiracy theorist would have already come up with a theory that a second shooter from the Mossad/CIA/NSA removed the windows to shoot After finishing shooting a team of ninja glaziers replaced the windows before the police arrived .....

Don't forget, he walked in through the front doors with his 10 pieces of luggage and ... a big pane of glass.

Not likely is it?

P

A 'big pane of glass' ???

What did I miss?

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: silo13

Sorry if my post wasn't concise, but I meant it in the context of fatigue and endurance, not mental state.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 09:26 PM
link   

It’s more of the availability of that weapon platform to the public no less a bunch of extra barrels laying around just for zombies and your random mass murder... get a grip man.

Platform alone is 6 figures and maybe only a half a dozen in private hands... and I know two guys that have them. It’s a super super rare gun for the public and even super rich to have in America period.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: roccodog

there are four uzi varints for the military and three for cilvilan, they use 9mm Parabellum 22 LR 45 ACP 41 AE 9X21mm IMI.
i poasted on this earlier and was mistaken on the effective ranges.

wiki cause it's fast,Uzi

Military variants
Israeli paratroopers armed with Uzis in 1958
UZI PRO

The Uzi Submachine Gun is a standard Uzi with a 10-inch (250 mm) barrel. It has a rate of automatic fire of 600 rounds per minute (rpm) when chambered in 9mm Parabellum; the .45 ACP model's rate of fire is slower at 500 rpm.[11]

The Mini Uzi is a smaller version of the regular Uzi, first introduced in 1980. The Mini Uzi is 600 mm (23.62 inches) long or 360 mm (14.17 inches) long with the stock folded. Its barrel length is 197 mm (7.76 inches), its muzzle velocity is 375 m/s (1230 f/s) and its effective range is 100 m. It has a greater automatic rate of fire of 950 rounds per minute due to the shorter bolt. Its weight is approximately 2.7 kg (6.0 lb).[11]

The Micro Uzi is an even further scaled down version of the Uzi, introduced in 1986. The Micro Uzi is 486 mm (19.13 in) long, reduced to 282 mm (11.10 in) with the stock folded and its barrel length is 117 mm.[20] Its muzzle velocity is 350 m/s (1148 f/s) and its cyclic rate of fire is 1,200 rpm. It weighs slightly over 1.5 kg (3.3 lb).[11]

The Uzi Pro, an improved variant of the Micro Uzi, was launched in 2010 by Israel Weapon Industries Ltd. (I.W.I.), formerly the magen ("small arms") division of Israel Military Industries. The Uzi Pro is a blowback-operated, select-fire, closed-bolt submachine gun with a large lower portion, comprising grip and handguard, entirely made of polymer to reduce weight; the grip section was redesigned to allow two-handed operation and facilitate control in full-automatic fire with such a small-sized firearm. The Uzi Pro features three Picatinny rails, two at the sides of the barrel and one on the top for optics, the cocking handle having been moved on the left side.[21] The new weapon weighs 2.32 kg and has a length of 529 mm with an extended stock,[22] and 30 cm while collapsed. It has been purchased by the IDF in limited numbers for evaluation and it is yet to be decided whether or not to order additional units for all of its special forces.[22][23]
Civilian variants
Uzi carbine

The Uzi carbine is similar in appearance to the Uzi submachine gun. The Uzi carbine is fitted with a 16-inch (410 mm) barrel (400mm), to meet the minimum rifle barrel length requirement for civilian sales in the United States. A small number of Uzi carbines were produced with the standard length barrel for special markets. It fires from a closed-bolt position in semi-automatic mode only and uses a floating firing pin as opposed to a fixed firing pin.[16] The FS-style selector switch has two positions (the automatic setting was blocked): "F" for "fire" (semi-auto) and "S" for "safe". Uzi carbines are available in calibers .22LR, 9mm, .41 AE, and .45 ACP.

The Uzi carbine has two main variants, the Model A (imported from 1980 to 1983) and the Model B (imported from 1983 until 1989). These two variants were imported and distributed by Action Arms.[16]

The American firm Group Industries made limited numbers of a copy of the Uzi "B" model semiauto carbine for sale in the US along with copies of the Uzi submachine gun for the US collectors' market. After registering several hundred submachine guns transferable to the general public through a special government regulated process, production was halted due to financial troubles at the company. Company assets (including partially made Uzi submachine guns, parts, and tooling) were purchased by an investment group later to become known as Vector Arms. Vector Arms built and marketed numerous versions of the Uzi carbine and the Mini Uzi.[24]

Today, while the civilian manufacture, sale and possession of post 1986 select-fire Uzi and its variants is prohibited in the United States it is still legal to sell templates, tooling and manuals to complete such conversion. These items are typically marketed as being "post-sample" materials for use by Federal Firearm Licensees for manufacturing/distributing select-fire variants of the Uzi to Law Enforcement, Military and Overseas customers.[25]
Mini Uzi carbine

The Mini Uzi Carbine is similar in appearance to the Mini Uzi machine pistol. The Mini Uzi carbine is fitted with a 19.8 inch barrel, to meet the minimum rifle overall length requirement for civilian sales in the United States. It fires from a closed-bolt position in semi-automatic mode only.[16]
Uzi pistol
An Uzi Pistol with a 20-round magazine.

The Uzi Pistol is a semi-automatic, closed bolt, and blowback-operated pistol variant. Its muzzle velocity is 345 m/s. It is a Micro Uzi with no shoulder stock or full-automatic firing capability. The intended users of the pistol are various security agencies in need of a high-capacity semi-automatic pistol, or civilian shooters who want a gun with those qualities and the familiarity of the Uzi style. It was in
Uzi

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Sorry if my post wasn't concise, but I meant it in the context of fatigue and endurance, not mental state.

Thank you kind Sir.

What I don't get is what 'endurance' has to do with it?

In my personal experience - I could pop off hundred of rounds without a cramp?

Plus - I would think he was pretty hyped up - all that adrenaline you get from, well, doing something such?

Again, what am I missing?

Thanks.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 09:30 PM
link   
cilvilan ar's chambered for 5.56 can handle the pressures. and you can get gas blocks and tubes just about anything needed.

edit on 2-10-2017 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Were they all long guns? Pistols are pretty light and depending compact.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: GuidedKill

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse

Yes, conversion kits can be bought online. But unless you are a police officer/federal agent you can't get one without an extensive background check, which would have found out this man is a psychopath.

I was browsing through the ATF website, it seems like it is possible to convert a semi auto rifle to full auto with a conversion kit as long as you have prior approval from the ATF to make it.

Anyone legally convert a AR15 to full auto ?? Would love to hear some info if you did.

thanks

Lots of people do it perfectly legally.

You need to buy a registered DIAS or get your SOT license.

Drop In Auto Sear

Federal Firearms License - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

www.northwestfirearms.com...

i am not posting names here, but you can check the website.

That’s for a full auto sear. That’s basically taking an AR platform back to original and making it cycle full auto. That’s the poor Mans way of legally reaching full auto but it’s dangerous as the civilian platforms are not really built to handle that pressure of automatic fire over time and are subject to malfunction usually due to carrier tilt or similar breakdowns.....those would require serious back ground checks and mental illness would be a factor.

The kits I’m talking about are trigger mods or bump stock kits are they require no ATF back ground check. They only require knowledge of firearms and tools to install the parts. I’m guessing these are what he did and what the Las Vegas police are talking about when they say modified weapons. Not machine guns.

in this article it states "At least one of them had been modified with a legal “bump stock”-style device that enables the shooter to rapidly fire off rounds without actually converting the rifle to a fully automatic weapon, one federal law enforcement source said"

LA Times

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: GuidedKill

It’s more of the availability of that weapon platform to the public no less a bunch of extra barrels laying around just for zombies and your random mass murder... get a grip man.

Platform alone is 6 figures and maybe only a half a dozen in private hands... and I know two guys that have them. It’s a super super rare gun for the public and even super rich to have in America period.

Barrels? I take it you're using that as a euphemism for guns? Because believe me - that guy was NOT changing 'barrels' - not possible. Even if you have a Thompson Contender Unit (interchangeable barrels) there's NO way he was changing 'barrels'.

top topics

<< 113  114  115    117  118  119 >>

join