It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Active Shooter Las Vegas, Mandalay Bay

page: 115
<< 112  113  114    116  117  118 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

I would think he braced himself on the window or something.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

Hmm. All I'm seeing on my end is a blank post with a blank quote, even after refreshes. Hmm.

Thanks.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Regardless of the bracing used, recoil impacts the body. After 100 rounds, he already lost breath and steam, over 200 and he was visibly weaker.

I thought it was something interesting and worth noting.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Really? Does anyone have a bullet count? A lone shooter is starting to sound increasingly unbelievable unless the guy is Rambo.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse
a reply to: GuidedKill

You also have to remember this murderer had psychiatric problems which would mean he couldn't have gotten any conversion kits legally. Not to mention the fact that a modified AR-15 shoots so fast in full auto that the magazines run out of rounds/ammo fast .

AR’s cycle slower with a binary trigger or bump stocks not faster.. while they be faster than a semi auto they are not faster than a stock fully automatic AR. His mental illness would not have stopped him from buying those kits as they are legal and available online. As far as magazine capacity there are 100+ round drums available for both the AR and AK platform.
edit on 2-10-2017 by GuidedKill because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: JinMI

I thought it was something interesting and worth noting.

It is considering Paddock was a retired accountant in his 60s.

link   

originally posted by: silo13

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

I think another question would be how many rounds can you shoot before the barrel of the AR platform is no longer usable.

SNAP!

That's another point! Some might not know - but those babies heat up to amazing heights of temp... As they say to the point it can cause rounds to combust in the chamber. So, the 'multiple gun' makes sense - but still, well, before I go on it really does depend on what weapons he/they were using. Some can take the heat - and some just - can't.

What about a lot of guns? Multiple shooters? Did every bullet come from the same direction?

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

Hmm. All I'm seeing on my end is a blank post with a blank quote, even after refreshes. Hmm.

Thanks.

Yeah that’s what happens when the quote tags malfunction.

If you go Into your post and edit out a couple of the [ quote ] tags it will fix.

Always preview before sending.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Given the reported amount of guns confiscated, I would assume he was an enthusiast.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

Thanks.

Yeah that’s what happens when the quote tags malfunction.

If you go Into your post and edit out a couple of the [ quote ] tags it will fix.

Always preview before sending.

There was only one quote tag, that to which I replied. I looked.

Malfunction is correct.

I always preview. That's how I know it's a glitch.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Just saw reported 23 firearms found at mandalay bay and 17 at his home

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

He could have used a bipod. Something like this I imagine.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

There was only one quote tag.

There was actually 2 that needed removing...
It’s how I got your post to appear when I replied the first time or it would have done the same to me.

Click edit and read through it carefully...
You’ll spot them eventually.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnonymousMoose
Just saw reported 23 firearms found at mandalay bay and 17 at his home

Ok, I can believe 10.

Then it jumps to what - 16?

Now 23?

Noooo, 'they' are now blowing this so out of proportion.

"They" want to make a point? But now 23?

Can you say OVERBOARD!

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 09:06 PM
link   

There was actually 2 that needed removing...

*were

read through it carefully...

Pretty sure I did. Thanks.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   
It's not an Uzi. Uzi has a maybe a 6 inch barrel, fires 9 mm PISTOL ammo, and usually has a 33 round magazine. If you believe the 1200 ft that has been quoted from shooter to targets, that is a hugely ineffective round at that range. Average 9 mm (124 gr bullet) drops 12 inches at 100 yards and exponentially further the longer it travels. 400 yard drop would be 48 to 60 inches, at least. That is not only inaccurate but virtually impossible to aim effectively-even at a large crowd.

Also, if you listen to the sound/cyclic rate of fire in the videos, it neither sounds like nor cycles like an Uzi. It is not an Uzi. Hint-listen to videos of M249 firing-much closer, I would say.

Sorry-I haven't figured out how to quote and reply to previous posts, so please disregard as this is not in the correct chronological order.

edit on Mon, 02 Oct 2017 21:10:41 -050020172017-10-02T21:10:41-05:002017-10-02T21:10:41-05:0020170220179 by roccodog because: out of order

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: AnonymousMoose

This is why I buy the suicide story less and less. This guy was ready for a battle.

Infowars is reporting that their FBI sources said he died in a firefight with a hostage rescue team, and that they found all kinds of anti-government literature and photos of him in the middle east.

Who knows what to believe at this point. Conspiracy theorists, or known liars in the government.

edit on 2-10-2017 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: GuidedKill

Yes, conversion kits can be bought online. But unless you are a police officer/federal agent you can't get one without an extensive background check, which would have found out this man is a psychopath.

I was browsing through the ATF website, it seems like it is possible to convert a semi auto rifle to full auto with a conversion kit as long as you have prior approval from the ATF to make it.

Anyone legally convert a AR15 to full auto ?? Would love to hear some info if you did.

thanks

Lots of people do it perfectly legally.

You need to buy a registered DIAS or get your SOT license.

Drop In Auto Sear

Federal Firearms License - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

www.northwestfirearms.com...

i am not posting names here, but you can check the website.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I'm thinking that if it was something akin to the AR platform, that information would have been released.

Given the hush hush of the weapons and inaccurate counts, I'm leaning towards either illegally obtaind/owned weapons. Takes time to track them back to the source.

Just my 2 cents on that.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   

a reply to: silo13

the sound the M.16 is making in fully automatic mode tells me the weapon wasn't modified.

So then how did he get it, is the next question.

But not terrorism, even though Nevada law says it is:

NRS 202.4415  “Act of terrorism” defined.

1.  “Act of terrorism” means any act that involves the use or attempted use of sabotage, coercion or violence which is intended to:

(a) Cause great bodily harm or death to the general population;

Link

Soooo anti-gun and 'we could have avoided' this.

If a gun was not in the equation, then yes.

Just sayn'

Click edit...

Remove the first [ quote ] tag just after the [ / post ]...
You don’t need two when quoting...

Remove the [ quote ] tag after the word “modified”...

I promise you your post will appear after that.

top topics

<< 112  113  114    116  117  118 >>

join