It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Active Shooter Las Vegas, Mandalay Bay

page: 113
<< 110  111  112    114  115  116 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

You can link a million videos man... what I’m telling you is not from watching YouTube but from first hand real time knowledge of the weapons we are discussing. I have used and shot all platforms mentioned so far except the Russian belt fed m54 some nut mentioned earlier. I have even shot a saw as my area works hand and hand with military....

What I hear is not ANY stock machine gun ever heard. It is a mod. But we will have to agree to disagree. If it comes out I’m wrong so be it. I just don’t think that’s the case.

link   

originally posted by: burntheships
a reply to: Grambler

We are talking thousands of pounds.
Not just the weapons, but ammo, stands, tools.

Yeah I guess he could have done this tediously
one suitcase at a time. Rolled the cart out to his
car, rolled it into the elevator.

But then where did he learn all of this?
Supposedly not on the Internet.

I am highly skeptical, guy has ammonium nitrate
and tannerite. Where did he get those ideas?

I hoe to hear the authorities say where he purchased
this stuff, you know all the usual.

Still leaves a lot of questions unanswered.

Did he shoot out of both windows?

How much interval between the two?

Loads of questions.....

He didn't shoot any windows, he broke them with a hammer.

If there was a second shooter, did they shoot out the windows? Did they have the windows removed and put back into place? Did they have special bullets that penetrate glass without leaving any residues, bullet-holes, or spider-webbing the glass?

If there was more than one shooter - why was only floor raided by SWAT? A massive cover-up? Crazier things have happened. But how did the second (or more) shooter(s) escape? What did they do with their weapons and ammunition? Did they go up to the 32nd floor afterwards and dump it all off? Did they take it with them?

How did they leave, and was no one suspicious of people walking around with suitcases and duffel bags? Or were the guns left somewhere else?

Thousands of pounds? Do you have a citation for that, where does this number come from? Source?

Loads of questions.

link   

link   
a reply to: silo13

I understand. I'm not dismissing anything outside the narrative. Also, there are plenty of other solutions than traditional 30 round magazines.

www.universalmania.com... er&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=All-Products&utm_content=Shopping&adgroupid=45002465500&product_partition_id=295789187259&product_id=39904173130&device=c&g clid=EAIaIQobChMImNOKwajT1gIVh7jACh16WQDbEAQYASABEgJM5vD_BwE

Have they identified any of the 10 weapons in his possession?

link   

More than 525 people were injured -some by gunfire or shrapnel, some trampled - in the pandemonium adjacent to the Las Vegas Strip as police scrambled to locate the assailant.

www.reuters.com...

Glad someone put that in writing.

The way it was being made to sound.

like 500 plus people were shot.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: GuidedKill

Years ago - and I'm talking like 25 years ago - you could buy from Shotgun news all the 'ingredients' you needed to switch a semi over to an auto.

I wanted to do the same, I didn't, no reason, I was/am a sport hunter and gun enthusiast and no, I had no reason for more firepower than I had.

But I was sure tempted.

I wish I could find those old adds from Shotgun News to post here.

It was cheap and easy - back then.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Converting semi to auto is playing russian roulette.

Civilian ars are not made to withstand the tolerances full autos are.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 08:41 PM
link   

And I have stated that I am a U.S. Navy veteran. Aicrew/AWO, and have shot and trained with many different weapons as well. could also be wrong, but a modified aR15 shoots faster than what we can hear in the videos of the murderer using weapons.

Before anybody says it, Aircrew can only have pistols, and the weapon we trained the most with and we are allowed to carry in any aircraft are pistols like the beretta 92. But we have trained and can train with many different weapons.

edit on 2-10-2017 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment.

link   
a reply to: JinMI

Not yet. They're taking their time to 'process' and 'let us know later'...

But I would encourage everyone to listen to the verbiage used right now in the media (not that you're not already doing so)...

Soooo anti-gun and 'we could have avoided' this.

Now they're saying there were 16 guns in his room.

But of course they're not saying what kind...

link   

lol....
sorry, but you typed all that for nothing, I really don't know much of anything about guns except there is usually a safety on them and a trigger, and you need to put ammo in them. oh, ya, and I am a horrible shot.

I was just commenting on the number of guns they have found in his house and the hotel room...

but reading all the back and forth about what type of gun it was, along with the crazy hispanic lady going around telling people they were all gonna die...
I have to ask,
remember when our gov't was caught trading all those guns for whatever they were traded for not that long ago...
just what kind of guns were they???

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: silo13

Years ago - and I'm talking like 25 years ago - you could buy from Shotgun news all the 'ingredients' you needed to switch a semi over to an auto.

I wanted to do the same, I didn't, no reason, I was/am a sport hunter and gun enthusiast and no, I had no reason for more firepower than I had.

But I was sure tempted.

I wish I could find those old adds from Shotgun News to post here.

It was cheap and easy - back then.

Oh I remember those adds and even knew a few guys that attempted the conversions.. problem was if you got the milling wrong your could make it where you pulled the trigger and it didn’t stop firing even if you left off.. fun times....

Used to do a lot of legal automatic gun shoots with a guy east of Colorado Springs named dragon Man... really fun times!!

link   

Oh yes, this will be yet another gun debate. No small wonder why and how Las Vegas could be construed as instrumental to a FFE. Laws aren't as tough and plenty of culture for it.

link   
a reply to: neo96

Yeah, last I checked tannerite is illegal.

But the FBI says no he is all clean.

Hmmmm

link   

damn i haven't seen a shotgun news in years. use to buy all kinds of stuff from classic arms, i found them in the shotgun news.

link   
We are way off track discussing full auto versus semi.

An angry loser shot up a soft target of people on holidays at a concert. That is the issue. Not the tool he used.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   

I think another question would be how many rounds can you shoot before the barrel of the AR platform is no longer usable.

link   
a reply to: Grambler

So let's assume that the 4th floor did have a shooter.

1. What about the window? These Windows don't open. So that means that it was shot out and replaced when many people including news crews were on the scene.

Or it was somehow modified at an earlier time to open, in which case it would be evident to hotel employees now that this window was different.

Both of these seem to be very unlikely.

I wondered about drilling a hole in the glass and checked it out earlier. There's a very slight -- but very implausible -- possibility that a hole could have been drilled through the glass. It's easy enough to do with the right bit and conditions -- but that would include the glass being on a strong and sturdy surface, and that's not possible with an installed window. So I don't see any way that could be the case here. Just throwing it out there...

link   

originally posted by: neo96

Converting semi to auto is playing russian roulette.

Civilian ars are not made to withstand the tolerances full autos are.

Neo, I’m not saying you’re wrong, but I am saying I am right in that, and remember this was 25+ years ago, it was quite simple (to modify) as simple as ordering the right parts AND HOW TO INFO through a magazine.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

Yeah, last I checked tannerite is illegal.

I would check again

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Everywhere I look, videos, news articles etc. they all have the same stupid photos of the perp with his eyes closed. It's starting to get kind of funny.

top topics

<< 110  111  112    114  115  116 >>

join