It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Active Shooter Las Vegas, Mandalay Bay

page: 111
<< 108  109  110    112  113  114 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Here is a video of an M16 in full auto mode. Notice the soldier is shooting in bursts, even though he has weapon in fully auto mode. The most he is shooting is 3-4 shots. the M16 also has a burst mode which shoots 3 bullets at a time. But you can hear this soldier shoot at least 2-3 times with 4 bullets.

edit on 2-10-2017 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

That interview was strange. the brother seems a little off...

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   

He passed every federal background check, every time he bought a gun,’’ owner Janis Sullivan, 67, told USA TODAY.

Does it really matter what he used ?

www.usatoday.com...

What he did was against the law to begin with.

It's illegal to go around shooting people.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 08:16 PM
link   
It's a bad time to be named Stephen Paddock, have seen numerous people with his name being claimed as him from the beginning of the tragedy until now.

Some with intent likely knowing it's not him around the net trying to stir an agenda.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   
So he is a lone gunman? I don't know about how
plausible this is....

All of this equipment is very heavy. Who did the lifting?

He doesn't appear to be physically fit.
edit on 2-10-2017 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

All that and EVERY TIME something happens like this (depressing to say that) people always say there are multiple shooters because the scene is chaotic. Then someone online fixates on it and starts trying to make everything fit with what they've already accepted as fact.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   
This is what I think he was using.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: dreamingawake
It's a bad time to be named Stephen Paddock, have seen numerous people with his name being claimed as him from the beginning of the tragedy until now.

Some with intent likely knowing it's not him around the net trying to stir an agenda.

Yeah I feel like a jackass about that. I threw out the name when it was announced, but thought it was the child molester Stephen not this one. Glad I didn't link stuff. I think the news might have made the same mistake I did since they were saying he was known to local police and had a criminal background.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha
a reply to: Konduit

I think Paddock looks more like NASA guy than that other guy. But my eyes aren't good with blurry photos. Hopefully a photo will surface where his eyes are open instead of the "rigor mortis photoshop" as another poster mentioned.

That is a bit strange. I haven't seen a confirmed photo of him with his eyes open. Lol?

Fox has this pic on their site. Younger Stephen Paddock
edit on 2-10-2017 by EchoesInTime because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: burntheships
So he is a lone gunman...I don't know.

10 plus guns.

Hundreds of rounds of ammunition.

Supposedly killed 59 people and 520+ injured.

Considering how cash rich Vegas is.

Security isn't an after thought there.

I am having a hard time believing what I am hearing.

link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse
Here is a video of an M16 in full auto mode. Notice the soldier is shooting in bursts, even though he has weapon in fully auto mode. The most he is shooting is 3-4 shots. the M16 also has a burst mode which shoots 3 bullets at a time. But you can hear this soldier shoot at least 2-3 times with 4 bullets.

Showing your lack of knowledge again ... the original m16 was fully auto and was later given a select fire switch to include semi and three round bursts... this was so to soilders shooting through magazines to fast on fully auto. Thing was when the original m16 was created soilders weren’t used to handling a weapon with that rate of fire. Ever since Vietnam soilders have been taught to shot in short bursts to a save ammo and b more accuracy....

Modern platforms of the weapon have all three modes as well as the stock fully auto ak. AK 47 also Had a selector switch for full auto, three rounds and Semi auto.
edit on 2-10-2017 by GuidedKill because: (no reason given)

link   
Until more information is gathered, I won't make any assumptions about the shooter.

All I want know right now is why he wasn't stopped by intelligence agencies who are illegally monitoring phone calls and other normal activities of American citizens. If our 4th Amendment rights are going to be trampled, they should at least be trampled to keep us safe, right?

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
This is what I think he was using.

That or some other trigger mod like a binary trigger. Both the AK and the AR platform can be modded this way.

link   

originally posted by: burntheships
So he is a lone gunman? I don't know about how
plausible this is....

He was there since Sept28.

He could have taken dozens of trips to carry everything.

It was probably in suitcases, which could be rolled or placed on a cart.

I do not think the weight would have been any problem unless he had to carry it all at once, which he wouldn't have had to do.

link   
a reply to: burntheships

It's really not that heavy. Hotel employees aren't going to question someone bringing in luggage, even if it's a TON of luggage. Especially in Vegas.

If the guy made a few trips it would be even less suspicious, they figure he's just getting there, he does it on a shift change, figure he brought his stuff with him in his car...

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

All I want know right now is why he wasn't stopped by intelligence agencies who are illegally monitoring phone calls and other normal activities of American citizens.

They don't want to admit it yet plus they figure with stuff like this happening more and more that we the people will beg them for it.

Sad but true.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 08:26 PM
link   
When I see evil, and cannot fight it, it angers me... That is indeed evil's way.. Yet rest assured when I catch him, he will die.. My greatest condolence to those dead, and alive who will be forever scared, it is a pain that is hard to live with.. Angry is not the right word for how I feel.. I hope most other Americans understand.. so sorry This is not normal either... Something also tells me he was not just someone that snapped.. Say some prayers to big G, for the families, the footage I am seeing is horrifying.. if you look at this logically it was designed to be pure evil..... again I am so sorry for us having to deal with this.. we are suppose to be better than this, a sad day for ourselves and humanity...

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785
Good ole Chris Matthews just suggested the hotel staff should have known something was up from how heavy the shooter's suitcases were.

What an asshole.

what?? they said he took his stuff up by himself so how would they know?

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
a reply to: IlluminatiTechnician

Maybe we could use known techniques for providing insights into issues overloaded with prejudice, bigotry, and superstitions. Maybe we could use say "science" to figure out what is causing the violence. We already have laws against murder.

My guess is that, if "science" could solve any of these crises...it would have been done already. Especially if they're "known" techniques.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire

originally posted by: greyhat

originally posted by: PhyllidaDavenport
As a side note, why is the only photo being distributed one of the man with his eyes closed like a dead thing? Surely there are better pictures of him than that? Reminds me of the strange spooky Adam Lanza pic that was circulated when again there must have been better family pics than that one.

Afaik this is the latest one.

www.instagram.com...

That's not the shooter, man.

That's some dude from Canada who has been harassed all day from "internet detectives."

While others are busy attacking me for being "angry and aggressive," THIS is the kind of crap I'm trying to help others realize isn't helping ANYTHING....

Have a look at the different reactions to this Link.

Why are you more angry than others here, in comparision? Relax.

We all just try to understand what has happened.

new topics

top topics

<< 108  109  110    112  113  114 >>

join