It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Puerto Rican CEO Calls Local Government ‘Corrupt and Inept’

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

youre so funny....so by siding with the Colonel you cannot possibly believe what the mayor said about Trump not helping enough.

then you admit the problem is local.

thanks.

link   

originally posted by: mikell
The drivers are not being allowed to work. How many different ways do you need to hear it from.

How many ways do you need to hear that there's no fuel am the drivers can't get to work because they're home with their families trying to survive?

link   

originally posted by: Tardacus
why are private companies and private drivers hauling EMERGENCY supplies in a devastated area? shouldn`t the national guard be doing that?

Exactly. If you were a truck driver and your home was destroyed and your family was essentially homeless and had little food and water what would you do? Go into work or stay and care for your family? There is no reason the National Guard couldn't heave been on that island on day 2 providing S&R, security, communication, road-clearing, transportation and medical assistance. Even the General, sent 2wks after the disaster, says there aren't enough resources on the island --- 2 wks after. Screw the political gamesmanship. Someone give me a solid reason why the National Guard couldn't have been sent right away.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: tribal

youre so funny....so by siding with the Colonel you cannot possibly believe what the mayor said about Trump not helping enough.

then you admit the problem is local.

thanks.

That doesn't even make any rational sense.

This is not about Trump.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508

originally posted by: Tardacus
why are private companies and private drivers hauling EMERGENCY supplies in a devastated area? shouldn`t the national guard be doing that?

Exactly. If you were a truck driver and your home was destroyed and your family was essentially homeless and had little food and water what would you do? Go into work or stay and care for your family? There is no reason the National Guard couldn't heave been on that island on day 2 providing S&R, security, communication, road-clearing, transportation and medical assistance. Even the General, sent 2wks after the disaster, says there aren't enough resources on the island --- 2 wks after. Screw the political gamesmanship. Someone give me a solid reason why the National Guard couldn't have been sent right away.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 07:23 AM
link   

As usual Mr Twisty has it backwords.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

Hopefully I will have more information on that when my brother calls me after he reports for his office in San Juan today.

I will be posting as soon I know something.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 07:28 AM
link   
NM
edit on 2-10-2017 by Gryphon66 because: NM

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 07:29 AM
link   
NM
edit on 2-10-2017 by Gryphon66 because: NM

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny
I agree, but why should a person keep their opinion to themselves ? Because others believe they may be hurt by the truth ?
If I feel I am right in that someone else is doing wrong, that someone is damn sure going to hear about it. And I dont pull punches , I swing for the fence every time. Tell it like it is.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   

The problem with trump is he keeps feeding the lefts media and know they're like sharks waiting to feed after his next Twitter post.

He doesn't know when to shut up and let them eat themselves. He might be right but doesn't mean he has to say anything

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3
How about a comment concerning this quote, from a Harvard educated CEO living in Puerto Rico?

I have a message for the U.S. Congress: Watch out what relief funds you approve and let our local government handle. Don’t let the Puerto Rican government play the victim and fool you. They have no clue what they are doing, and I worry that they will mishandle anything that comes their way.

Or how about a comment on the following statement from an ATS member living in Puerto Rico:

I know exactly what is going on, because I am Puertorrican. Do not trust the US media they are lying and following agendas like vampires feeding on sensationalism. Every time somebody ask me about if is true that Trumps is forgetting about PR I just told them to stop listening the liberal media they are full of crap.

Got anything?

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   

What about the people criticizing WHO LIVE IN PUERTO RICO?

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI

Well, the Puerto Rican mayor shouldn't have pleaded for supplies and help on national media. She fed "the lefts media" by implying that Trump wasn't doing enough. The real culprit is the lack of leadership, fuel, truck drivers and damaged roads that are making it difficult to get supplies to those who need them in Puerto Rico.

While criticism has focused on Trump's reluctance to wave the Jones Act and send in the military, the response hasn't foundered for lack of supplies. Already has hundreds of thousands of pounds of food, water and other emergency necessitites stuck in Puerto Rican ports. The problems are related to circumstances on the ground. The country’s devastated roads, and a shortage of truckers to drive the supplies into devastated areas, has arguably been the biggest impediment to the recovery effort. But perhaps most tellingly of all, former Navy Captain Jerry Hendrix – a veteran of several disaster response efforts who has no connection to the Trump administration – told Bloomberg that he believed criticisms of the administration’s efforts have been unfair. Hendrix explained that the Pentagon and FEMA weren’t being recognized for their careful preparations for the storms. TH: So, it seems like everybody has blasted Trump administration's response to the Puerto Rico crisis. Has that criticism been fair? JH: No, I don’t think so. First of all, there was a fair amount of anticipatory action that is not being recognized. Amphibious ships, including the light amphibious carriers Kearsarge and Wasp and the amphibious landing ship dock Oak Hill were at sea and dispatched to Puerto Rico ahead of the hurricane’s impact.

www.zerohedge.com...

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I don't know who those people are you quoted. And they are not journalists who can be held accountable for fake news.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Zerohedge.com ... well at least you're not on a partisan biased site eh?

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

"when stuff like that happens in the U.S. there are national guard trucks everywhere,not private company trucks. if PR is using private companies to distribute the emergency supplies you can be sure that there Is a lot of corruption going on.
90% of the supplies are being stolen by the government and the private companies hired to haul the supplies, the public is only getting 10% of the supplies. "

There is one really good reason why she is controlling "who" is driving the trucks AND what is going on.

Power, and money. She wants to capitalize on the drivers and salaries. Watch. Next, she will say that she needs more money to pay the drivers. I would like to look closely at who actually owns the contracting company that is the main source(s) for transport. DIG DEEP.

Send in a three or more star and let them take over all operations. The ships that are waiting to unload have crew that can be enlisted to deliver supplies. Recruit them.

Right now we need to take her out of this crisis and put someone in charge that isn't making money on the suffering.

She is politicizing this for additional profit. FOR HER. Time to take over and feed the people.

Fred.....

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Hes 1 voice vs a thousand Anti-Trump people.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   

As one would expect in liberal haven for crooks and corruption...

A Harvard-educated CEO who railed against Puerto Rican government officials for their “inept” response to Hurricane Maria has received so many threats that he now fears for his safety and has hired a bodyguard.

In an opinion piece published in The Post last week, Puerto Rican businessman Jorge Rodriguez said he was directing employees at his international engineering firm to help rehabilitate the island — but barring them from working on any projects that involved local government officials, citing corruption and mismanagement.

Source: www.foxnews.com...

Sounds like some Chicago politicians are running Puerto Rico now.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join