It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Puerto Rican CEO Calls Local Government ‘Corrupt and Inept’

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+21 more 
posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I agree that president Trump's tweets are annoying and childish at times. However, he says what he feels, even though 50% of the time he should've kept his opinion to himself. There has been a lot of discussion, on another thread, on how President Trump verbally attacked San Juan's mayor for complaining about the United States slow response. President Trump stated in one of his tweets that San Juan's mayor showed lack of leadership for not being able to get their workers to help. Liberals are screaming mad at Trump's tweets, but maybe, just maybe, he may have been correct in his assessment:

“It’s a lack of drivers for the transport trucks, the 18 wheelers. Supplies we have. Trucks we have. There are ships full of supplies, backed up in the ports, waiting to have a vehicle to unload into. However, only 20% of the truck drivers show up to work. These are private citizens in Puerto Rico, paid by companies that are contracted by the government,” says Col. Valle.

It’s a dilemma with dependent conditions. The citizens need fuel and supplies brought in by relief efforts. The truck drivers who move the fuel and supplies from ports and airstrips need fuel and traversable roads—and before anything else they need supplies for their own families.

When asked three times what else Washington can do to help, or anyone for that matter, three times Col. Valle answered, “It’s going to take time.”

www.huffingtonpost.com...

So exactly how is this Trump's fault? Oh, how about this tidbit that we don't see on any "fake" news outlets:

San Juan Mayor Admits She Hasn't Met With Federal Officials At Joint Field Office Over Hurricane Relief Efforts

Cruz got in an extended argument with Trump on Saturday when she held a press conference — ironically in front of pallets containing massive supplies sent since the hurricane struck — saying the president has "abandoned" Puerto Rico. Trump fired back with several posts on Twitter that the federal government is going all out in its attempts to help the U.S. territory. FEMA administrator Brock Long told CNN on Saturday that Cruz hasn't connected with the FEMA command center established to coordinate relief efforts. “The problem that we have with the mayor unfortunately is that unity of command is ultimately what’s needed to be successful in this response,” Long told CNN’s Fredricka Whitfield, The Hill reported.

www.dailywire.com...#

Oh, don't forget that San Juan's mayor was also a big Hillary supporter. Here's something I bet you never saw on "lamestream" news outlets:

Neighboring mayor praises Trump, says San Juan mayor playing 'politics,' AWOL at meetings

The mayor of a Puerto Rican city that sits next to San Juan praised the administration's help Saturday night, and chided the "politics" of San Juan Mayor Carmen Yulin Cruz, who has been criticizing President Trump. In an interview with Secrets, Guaynabo Mayor Angel Perez Otero said that in several meetings with FEMA and U.S. military officials about the recovery effort, Yulin Cruz has been absent. "I've seen other mayors participating. She's not," said Perez Otero.

He noted that the country was in a financial crisis before Hurricane Maria hit and that it needs financial help from Washington. But he said that recovery aid is pouring in. "We are receiving a lot of help from FEMA and the Red Cross...there is lots of help coming to us," said Perez Otero.

www.washingtonexaminer.com...

Funny how all the whining Liberals, on other threads concerning this matter, have nonchalantly overlooked these articles. Yet they're SO quick to get defensive and call people "Trumpers" or liars if they report any sort of information that they don't agree with. BOO-HOO! By the way, isn't interesting that I found yet another article that exposes the sham leadership in Puerto Rico.

Jorge Rodriguez, 49, is the Harvard-educated CEO of PACIV, an international engineering firm based in Puerto Rico that works with the medical and pharmaceutical sectors. The Puerto Rican-born engineer says he has dispatched 50 engineers to help FEMA rehabilitate the devastated island — a commonwealth of the United States — after Hurricane Maria. He refuses to work with the local government, which he called inept and riddled with corruption.

I’m really tired of Puerto Rican government officials blaming the federal government for their woes and for not acting fast enough to help people on the island. Last week I had three federal agents in my office and I was so embarrassed; I went out of my way to apologize to them for the attitude of my government and what they have been saying about the US response. When the hurricane hit we had experts from FEMA from all over the US on the ground and I was really proud of their quick response. The first responders and FEMA have all been outstanding in this crisis, and should be supported.

I have a message for the U.S. Congress: Watch out what relief funds you approve and let our local government handle. Don’t let the Puerto Rican government play the victim and fool you. They have no clue what they are doing, and I worry that they will mishandle anything that comes their way.

nypost.com...

nuff said

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   
It's all a ruse to make trump look like the bad guy even though he is doing what he can to help, consider all helpers have been spread across a few places still doing the clean up and work from the other hurricanes.

A mayor standing in front of supplies having a go at trump, how bout she stops the bs, and starts helping handing out the supplies her self. Or how about negotiating extra pay and compensation to get the truck drivers back to work. Thats what trump means by leadership if he was in the same situation with truck drivers not coming to work I'm sure he would work out something quick smart.

Like the cop on the radio said it's all politics and it's causing hurt and death to innocent people just so pr's officials can look "good" except as we have been seeing it's so obvious what they are doing. They are shooting them selves in the feet by doing it.

It's Truely disgusting.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   
The corruption on that island is legendary. Yes... island life is slower than mainland life in many ways... but the graft and corruption in PR is MASSIVE.

+8 more 
posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

The Mayor is a Hilary supporter and ordered the delivery stand down so they can blame Trump and the Governor. She is willing to let her people die for political points. What an evil person she will be exposed in due time just like all the anti Trumpers.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Is it really any surprise that the idiot San Juan mayor is a deranged Hillary supporter?
No surprise to me after hearing her talk on the videos......she is a complete #ing whack job.
Every time an anti-Trumper like her opens their mouth, the rubber room squad needs to be called.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Here's an interesting story........

All roads were open, and supplies were being delivered to all points of the island until communists tied to Hillary Clinton ordered the truckers to stop moving

Hmmmm

originally posted by: 1337Kph
WORKING subtitles in English. TURN THEM ON.
A PR cop got in touch with a news station and dished out some shocking statements. Mayor withholding the public from donations, they need the US army to come and distribute the aid themselves, and more.

Discuss.

originally posted by: trollz
There's a port in Puerto Rico packed with thousands of trailers (news is saying 9500) full of food and supplies that aren't going anywhere. The mayor is just letting the supplies sit there with the excuse that they can't contact their truck drivers. We have military and first responders there doing everything they can to help, so there's no reason those supplies can't get out to people, unless they're being intentionally held up for political reasons.
I'd say it's time for the military to take over and get those supplies to people.

edit on 1-10-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 10:07 PM
link   
why are private companies and private drivers hauling EMERGENCY supplies in a devastated area? shouldn`t the national guard be doing that?

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus
why are private companies and private drivers hauling EMERGENCY supplies in a devastated area? shouldn`t the national guard be doing that?

Something is not adding up on this story. I'd like to see a today's youtube of the shipping dock. To me, the video seems odd that it has all them cars in the lot. And they sure as heck don't look like they (the cars) went through a type 5 hurricane.
Anyway, I'd like to see some very current videos of seeing the people struggle while being denied food and water as it is withheld from them. The president would have been all over this by now with actually satelite pictures and even google pictures. Something seems wrong and where are all the pictures of the military helping out.

Post them here if you can. Or is google blocking then.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus
a reply to: musicismagic

Do you have any idea the logistics behind shipping an army of trucks and trailers to PR...especially as it seems they have trucks...and drivers there. Not only that but in a time where I doubt many people are able to even go in to work and make a buck, those drivers are getting paid to help their own damn people. Instead they don't show up and make lame excuses. The mental gymnastics of some people is astounding.

Edit: The more they spend shipping trucks there to haul the supplies is less they have for other recovery projects. Why waste if you don't need to?
edit on 1-10-2017 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 12:19 AM
link   
when stuff like that happens in the U.S. there are national guard trucks everywhere,not private company trucks. if PR is using private companies to distribute the emergency supplies you can be sure that there Is a lot of corruption going on.
90% of the supplies are being stolen by the government and the private companies hired to haul the supplies, the public is only getting 10% of the supplies.

PR is a third world latin American country and all those countries are corrupt from the top down, no wonder the common folks are dying and not getting the supplies.what kind of country takes the risk of paying private companies to distribute emergency relief during a national devastation? I`ll tell you what kind of country only a third world puissant dictator country.the people in PR are screaming about how the rest of the world isn`t helping them but it seems like they should be blaming their own third world government for not helping them.
edit on 2-10-2017 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-10-2017 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 12:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus
when stuff like that happens in the U.S. there are national guard trucks everywhere,not private company trucks. if PR is using private companies to distribute the emergency supplies you can be sure that there Is a lot of corruption going on.
90% of the supplies are being stolen by the government and the private companies hired to haul the supplies, the public is only getting 10% of the supplies.

PR is a third world latin American country and all those countries are corrupt from the top down, no wonder the common folks are dying and not getting the supplies.what kind of country takes the risk of paying private companies to distribute emergency relief during a national devastation? I`ll tell you what kind of country only a third world puissant dictator country.the people in PR are screaming about how the rest of the world isn`t helping them but it seems like they should be blaming their own third world government for not helping them.

As noted up above on my post, something just isn't right.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 01:00 AM
link   
It is my measured opinion that almost all government is corrupt and inept.

So...

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 01:04 AM
link   

So, are the truck drivers getting paid, even when they're not driving? If so, that explains their lack of urgency for returning to work.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I thought everything was stuck at the ports, due to some rule, or law, that needed Puerto Rican government approval for circumventing.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 01:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

take a look at PR's political parties and see

They want Left Wing government, they got it

Not for long. Mayor Cruz is currently a member of the PPD. This stunt is going to cost the party dearly come next election, mark my words.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 01:19 AM
link   
How many of you think this is going to turn in to a Haiti-esck sort of affair?

Hopefully Trump will not let that happen.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 01:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: justneo
It's all a ruse to make trump look like the bad guy even though he is doing what he can to help, consider all helpers have been spread across a few places still doing the clean up and work from the other hurricanes.

It's Truely disgusting.

Even the liberals are suggesting he wasn't "fast" enough the first week. If we look at it the hurricane it took a day and then it was a few day of reports and we are taking about an island to get help too. I'm sorry, but a week is crazy fast when we are looking at an island to get ships too with 1000s to shipping containers in supplies.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 01:51 AM
link   
... and OP could have said "It's never Trump's fault" and saved us all time.

The "other thread" which for some reason necessitated the creation of this one, observes merely that Trump has made a bad situation even worse by his mindless, selfish, irrelevant tweets.

Trump wasn't responsible for the hurricane, or the speed of the response, or the problems that have been encountered on the ground ... but he is certainly responsible for choosing to cry about how his feelings are hurt and denigrate the leadership and people of Puerto Rico AT THIS TRAGIC TIME.

He has plenty of time to whine and pout later. Now isn't the moment.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 02:36 AM
link   
More BS being spewed by the MSM,very evident the libtards are doing their best at making up lies,so it makes their cause look better,the topics never begin with logic,something a libtard is lacking

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join