It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Melania's Donation Racists. This is out of Control.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: rickymouse

It helps kids learn how to actually read, especially words they may not have seen in print before. The nonsense, made up words he uses help children not only learn to sound out their reading, but also take cues from surrounding words to determine intended pronunciation and meaning. The magic is that most of his stories contain deeper meanings which adults can take from them while remaining very whimsical and innocent for the kids.

i can't imagine a universe where this logic would be used to defend an author in which the racial undertone of the context where switched in similar publications..

in fact, an entire race would be up for judgment, me thinks.
but still, there are possibly thousands of school libraries in dire needs for book donations...

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

there are possibly thousands of school libraries in dire needs for book donations

That point is being ignored by posters here.

edit on 10/1/2017 by Deaf Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I don't know, that Lorax thing is pretty subversive. Ecoterrorist! He's a pawn of the warmists!

That's pretty much what happened when the Lorax movie came out. Climate deniers lost their minds.

OT:
Other than the racist bit (she's clearly not fully aware on that front), she raises good points. I agree that Melania is unjustifiably scorned but a lot less so than Michelle and Hillary.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Taking things out of context 101:

---

Would you do it with a goat?

- Dr Seuss

From "Green Eggs And Ham"

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Isn't it all just about bow ties being worn in minstrel shows back in the day?

That makes The Science guy a racist.

And he portrayed asians, as in japanese sneak attackers and who we were fighting in the pacific and finally had to nuke
them twice to stop, as what?

Why are people going insane and not care that they are?

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 12:13 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Seriously, what is with you editing and adding "I ❤️ Cheese pizza"? For a critic of PG you sure seem to like stoking the fire.... Unless it's some type of signal....

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 12:23 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

We all know it had nothing to do with Dr. suess at all. It was vindictive virtue-signalling that would bring her cred amongst her friends.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 12:29 AM
link   
I don't like Trump, feel bad for Melania at times, this is ridonkulous..Liz..find a short pier, and them jump the f@#$ off it.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 12:30 AM
link   
a reply to: vonclod
Yeah. Some women make poor choices. So do some men.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 12:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Sure, it's part of life, the best learnt lessons are often due to bad choices.
I've made a ton of em, I would like to think not so many in my latter years..wishful thinking maybe.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Nothing like a little book banning to
Promote free speech. Up is down

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Apparently BOWTIES are DOG WHISTLES for MINSTRELISM now,WHO KNEW?

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 04:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
a reply to: UKTruth

Spouting off to the press? It's a damn letter.
But I agree that it's sad that the media is covering it. Sadder still is that woman's rant about nothing.
Why not cover her good points? About DeVos? About helping out the disadvantaged? About those schools that are in serious need of help? Cambridgeport School doesn't need any help.

Cover her good points? How very noble of you, Bravo. I'll look out for your new sense nobility in other threads.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 06:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: HorizonFall
Seriously, what is with you editing and adding "I ❤️ Cheese pizza"?

Because I love cheese pizza, I had me some on Friday. Don't you love cheese pizza too?

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 07:42 AM
link   
She's a hypocrite to the tenth degree and should be released from her job as librarian. But I suppose she's left leaning and being a hypocrite is status quo.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
a reply to: odzeandennz

there are possibly thousands of school libraries in dire needs for book donations

That point is being ignored by posters here.

Melania wasn't at one of those schools. She gave a gift to the school she was at.

If the librarian was concerned about schools who would need those books, she then quietly re-gifts without making some judgment on the first lady and her intent in giving racist literature.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Holy Cow! You mean my high school chemistry teacher was racist because he wore a bow tie to school every day of his career?!

Who knew. One of the best teachers I ever had.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
You mean my high school chemistry teacher was racist because he wore a bow tie to school every day of his career?!

Did it spin or shoot water?

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: ketsuko
You mean my high school chemistry teacher was racist because he wore a bow tie to school every day of his career?!

Did it spin or shoot water?

No.

But the day we were making nitric acid and one kid spilled the entire beaker of it all down his legs, you better believe the teacher turned up double quick with a hose and it did shoot water!
edit on 2-10-2017 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Hopefully it was at least a real bowtie and not a clip on or pre-tied.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join