It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Melania's Donation Racists. This is out of Control.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

How come people are ignoring her good points?

Because she is a disingenuous douche bag who said Dr. Suess is racist but wore a Cat in the Hat costume.

#MakeUpYourF******Mind

I've already linked that few pages ago show that he was in fact racist. He even apologized for it.

So basically you are excusing her on the new American way of doing things that says that if someone did something we don't like than it invalidates everything else they ever will do?

So because Dr. Seuss had some racial issues it means everything he ever did was, will be tainted and unfit for modern times?

Gosh, I had no idea that The Sneetches was in fact a subversive narrative designed to make us all racist.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

So because Dr. Seuss had some racial issues it means everything he ever did was, will be tainted and unfit for modern times?

Nope again.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   
oh please....

Melania is just doing what she is told by the Trump spin cycle media section. I feel sorry for her having to bow to that cluster **** white house. She should just go back to NY and ignore that BS and raise her kids.
edit on 1-10-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: norhoc
a reply to: Deaf Alien

For what a week? I highly doubt you have ever given trump a chance

Again with the assumptions.
Why do you assume so much?

Why do you assume that since someone tries to do something nice that if you dont like them because you're racist that its good behavior to use your little school position as a soapbox to push youre political narrative onto the kids and media, that its civilized to respond with 'oh yeah well here's the books that fit my worldview that you your whole family needs to read' (paraphrasing)? That is the story within that paragraph you guys keep holding up to vindicate her.

originally posted by: Phage
In case anyone is interested, the text of her letter is here:
www.hbook.com...

The closing paragraph:

I am honored that you recognized my students and our school. I can think of no better gift for children than books; it was a wonderful gesture, if one that could have been better thought out. Books can be a powerful way to learn about and experience the world around us; they help build empathy and understanding. In return, I’m attaching a list of ten books (it’s the librarian in me) that I hope will offer you a window into the lives of the many children affected by the policies of your husband’s administration. You and your husband have a direct impact on these children’s lives. Please make time to learn about and value them. I hope you share these books with your family and with kids around the country. And I encourage you to reach out to your local librarian for more recommendations.

edit on 1-10-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   

edit on 10/1/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

The irony here is that the squadron of "at all costs, hate Trump" malcontents have very much channeled the Seuss classic "Sneetches" story. From the safety pin foolishness to the "who can screech the loudest" at the various protests, it is absolutely a popularity contest based upon who has stars upon thars... bunch of childish idiots who should ALL be ignored into oblivion

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

It's a letter for goodness sake.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   

How did the MSM get ahold of it? Why did the school board have to issue a public statement distancing themselves from it??
edit on 1-10-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

How did the MSM get ahold of it?

You serious?
Seriously?
You, of all people, should know the media, both left and right, are working hard 24 hours a day seeking non-issues like this to trigger people, furthering dividing people.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Now its the MSM's fault they have the letter supposedly written directly to FLOTUS?

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Now its the MSM's fault they have the letter supposedly written directly to FLOTUS?

You said it, not me.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I never really thought Dr. Suess was any good anyway, I seemed to be the odball kid though. Everyone else seemed to believe the teachers who said it was good writing.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

It helps kids learn how to actually read, especially words they may not have seen in print before. The nonsense, made up words he uses help children not only learn to sound out their reading, but also take cues from surrounding words to determine intended pronunciation and meaning. The magic is that most of his stories contain deeper meanings which adults can take from them while remaining very whimsical and innocent for the kids.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 08:26 PM
link   

I asserted shes using her position as a soapbox,
you downplay that because it was a mere letter,
I beg the question of how the MSM got it then,
so you underscore how the MSM looking for paparazzi bs,
I close the circle around you with 'so its the msm fault then',
and you turn around and tell me thats what I said.

Same ol' Deaf Alien.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

LOL. No. It isn't the MSM's fault that she wrote the letter. It's their fault that they overhyped her letter.

Same ol' IgnoranceIsntBless

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   

You serious?
Seriously?
You, of all people, should know the media, both left and right, are working hard 24 hours a day seeking non-issues like this to trigger people, furthering dividing people.

Just for my own amusement I took a look at how many times you have posted in this thread about this "non-issue". You are closing in on 30 posts now. Wow, that is a whole lot of posts for... well, a "non-issue", isn't it? Call me crazy but you do seem rather triggered by the negative reactions to the woman's bat #e, virtue signaling fail letter.

Anyway, carry on, this is very entertaining.

edit on 1-10-2017 by ReadingOne because: spelling and I can't say a certain word, apparantely

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: ReadingOne

You serious?
Seriously?

Just for my own amusement I took a look at how many times you have posted in this thread about this "non-issue". You are closing in on 30 posts now. Wow, that is a whole lot of posts for... well, a "non-issue", isn't it? Call me crazy but you do seem rather triggered by the negative reactions to the woman's bat #, virtue signaling fail letter.

Anyway, carry on, this is very entertaining.

At least you got one thing right... it's very entertaining.
I never realized that my little opinion triggered so many people so hard.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I never really thought Dr. Suess was any good anyway, I seemed to be the odball kid though. Everyone else seemed to believe the teachers who said it was good writing.

It's like P.D. Eastman stuff. It rhymes and uses short site style words and Suess, especially makes up fantastical scenarios that little kids just love.

The alternative in Suess's time was Dick and Jane readers. Ooo, Eeee, Ahhh, so exciting!

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Listen up!!!!
This is NOT the Mud Pit!!!

All rules for polite political debate will be enforced.
Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join