It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Female high school quarterback throws TD on 1st pass in varsity game

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

He was not black.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Srry, double post.

edit on 1-10-2017 by SR1TX because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: SR1TX

Halfrican?

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Let this be a lesson to you Mettalicus, girls suck and are inferior to boys AND it's sexist to even point out she's a girl

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: WhateverYouSay
Let this be a lesson to you Mettalicus, girls suck and are inferior to boys AND it's sexist to even point out she's a girl

I was literally trying to be positive and post some GOOD NEWS and it backfired big time. I didn't think this issue would become divisive, but I guess there is no good news anymore.

Sorry to create such a storm of controversy.

edit on 2017/10/1 by Metallicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

I am on the fence about all this and I applaud you for trying to bring some positivity to a mostly negative part of the world.

However I share similar thoughts and opinions to the dissenters in the group.

Will you be all happy congratulatory for this girl for taking on a biased game when she gets pinned to the ground by a 400lb mongoloid that renders her unable to walk for the rest of her life???
What will your thoughts be on the matter then? The guy played too rough against an a opponent he 'knew' couldn't take such a hard hit??

It is a seriously genuine question.

I am all for women joining in on any typical mens sport.
However, when they make that decisions (and it should be theirs to make), that they fully understand the inherit risks and should not cry foul when the inevitable occurs.
As viewers of the sport shouldn't cry foul when the inevitable occurs.
But lets put physical injuries aside and lets look at the more "touchy" side of sports.
What happens when a woman or a man for that matter, feel they've been inappropriately touched by the other gender during a contact sport?

These are the things I am concerned about in this very PC world.

I will state again, I am for equality, but that means ACROSS THE BOARD. A woman should not expect ANY kind of favourable rules or conditions in ANY of the mixed gender endevours.

.: EDIT :.
To round this out... That also means not going overboard with the congrats for a pass that male players do all the time and is no 'special' occurance.
This being one of the replies you received earlier in the thread.
edit on 1/10/2017 by Sovaka because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

I was literally trying to be positive and post some GOOD NEWS and it backfired big time. I didn't think this issue would become divisive, but I guess there is no good news anymore.

The negativity is incredibly sad. I think it's a great story and it's nice to see such a positive article. Lately it seems that people can't wait to dogpile on women's sports and talk about how worthless it is to watch and how bad the players are compared to male sports divisions.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

Nice pass, and I loved how the WR seemed to jump like a gazelle in the end zone.

This is an example of why women's sport should have have more exposure.

This wasn't a women's team; she just happens to be the only woman on the team.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Awesome.

We need some more feel-good threads written with no other purpose than to feel good.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha
Awesome.

We need some more feel-good threads written with no other purpose than to feel good.

Oh, come on. It would have been a much better story if it were 'Female quarterback's first pass hits Trump and Hillary in their respective nut sacs'.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

Awesome.

It is nice that we can agree.

edit on 2017/10/1 by Metallicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: SR1TX

How is posting something demonstrating our clear understanding that the male counter part of the species positive?

Do you know how strange it is to watch a bunch of adults cheer her as if she is a special ed girl? Why is the first thing stated in the line that "Female 1/4 back" Why the supposition? Presented as if society cares?

Why cant it be "Varsity 1/4 back throws td pass in first play" or even her name? Why the distinction on gender and not the skill?

You have so much incorrect in that statement .
Why would anyone be cheering her on as a "special ed student" ? Why cant it be just a celebration of a previous almost unknown occurrence ?
Do you think when Neil Armstrong took that first step on the moon , folks cheered as if he was a "special ed" student ?
There is at least one other young lady playing High School football . She is a place kicker for the team.
What is there about singular accomplishment and ground breaking events do you not understand ?

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   

I don't know that this really matters all that much? Are you CNN or something...? Come on, let's stick to the meat of life's bone.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: SR1TX

How is posting something demonstrating our clear understanding that the male counter part of the species positive?

Do you know how strange it is to watch a bunch of adults cheer her as if she is a special ed girl? Why is the first thing stated in the line that "Female 1/4 back" Why the supposition? Presented as if society cares?

Why cant it be "Varsity 1/4 back throws td pass in first play" or even her name? Why the distinction on gender and not the skill?

I will bet you don't have a daughter.
I have a daughter. I would not be OK with her playing varisity football with a bunch of guys. Still, I'd be proud of her success while simultaneously praying for an impenetrable line.

Girls are talented, and they can play sports. They are tough and can take punishment. But... they are not even close to equal in the physical prowess of men. That's why I would not want her in football with men. No matter one's skill, she it is enevitable that she will get hit a bunch.

Maybe in fighting leagues where skill really does reduce odds of full on contact. If she is well enough trained, is swift enough, and 1000% instant muscle reflex, then she stands a reasonable chance against her male counterparts in a professional fight. In terms of high contact sports, a diverse fighting sport like MMA may be an only semi-reasonable exception to the rule. Not boxing, not basketball, and definitely not football.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 09:34 PM
link   
wtf negativity??

I am asking why you goons think its worth she is a girl in the first place!!! If you want the participation cheer/trophy..by all means.

Would you have posted this if it was a guy?

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   

I thought it was awesome. Good thread and positive.
(Though now you know what it feels like to be on the other side of the tribal warfare, just a bit anyway.)

Thanks for posting.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: FHomerK

Never once doubted a girl could.

What I do doubt, is that they can take an actual tackle from a man.

If women want to play football, great. I think it is a Joke that anyone thinks men and women can play that kind of sport together without sincere damage.

not to mention sever groping while they are jumping on her to congratulate her for a great pass.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 08:45 AM
link   
TL;DR

Girls can throw like guys.

Cool beans, but I already knew that. Good for her team!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join