It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Female high school quarterback throws TD on 1st pass in varsity game

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   
With all the negativity surrounding the NFL; I thought it would be nice to share a positive football story with my friends on ATS. I cannot imagine the elation the girls family and friends must have experienced when she made this touchdown pass.

Kudos also to the young man who made the catch and avoided the tackle on his way to scoring.

A 16-year-old high school junior became the first female quarterback from her school, and possibly in the state of Florida, to throw a touchdown pass in a game.

Holly Neher, of Hollywood Hills High School in South Florida, threw a 42-yard touchdown pass Thursday in the fourth quarter of her team’s 21-7 loss to Hallandale High School.

“I started jumping up and down. My teammates started jumping on me,” Holly told ABC News of the reaction. “Coaches were screaming from the sidelines. Everyone started hitting me on the helmet.”

Twitter Video

Source

edit on 2017/10/1 by Metallicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Never once doubted a girl could.

What I do doubt, is that they can take an actual tackle from a man.

If women want to play football, great. I think it is a Joke that anyone thinks men and women can play that kind of sport together without sincere damage.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   
"Female quarterback creamed by three defensive lineman, may never walk again..."

Physically, this is bound to happen, maybe without such severity, but females are going to get hurt more often to prove what point I have no idea. Most likely it will be spurred by male players wanting to "relevel the playing field". Or they won't go after her with as much intensity and miss plays creating resentment and low morale.

Either way, mixing male/female physicalities in extreme contact sports is asinine and highly dangerous. That's just common sense.

edit on E31America/ChicagoSun, 01 Oct 2017 16:11:49 -050010pmSundayst04pm by EternalShadow because: add

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalShadow
"Female quarterback creamed by three defensive lineman, may never walk again..."

Physically, this is bound to happen, maybe without such severity, but females are going to get hurt more often to prove what point I have no idea. Most likely it will be spurred by male players wanting to "relevel the playing field". Or they won't go after her with as much intensity and miss plays.

Either way, mixing physicalities in contact sports is asinine and highly dangerous.

Hey, I was just trying to inject a little something positive into ATS.

I guess I misfired with this one.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

originally posted by: EternalShadow

Physically, this is bound to happen, maybe without such severity, but females are going to get hurt more often to prove what point I have no idea. Most likely it will be spurred by male players wanting to "relevel the playing field". Or they won't go after her with as much intensity and miss plays.

Either way, mixing physicalities in contact sports is asinine and highly dangerous.

Hey, I was just trying to inject a little something positive into ATS.

I guess I misfired with this one.

Oh it's positive in its context, but it promotes the idea that this is a great idea that should have happened long ago.

Well, why didn't it??

Obviously, smarter people existed in the not so distant past, not so much anymore apparently.

This girl is needlessly in harm's way to make liberal social groups relevant and headline worthy.

Good for her.....but it's disgusting IMO.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Nice! Everytime I see a "Hail Mary" pass thrown I will now call it the Hail Holly.

In my graduating class of 1997 I helped organize for a female classmate to be allowed on the team. She wanted to kick and play a linebacker position.
I thought if any woman in our school could do it she was a great start. Lasted 2 days of practice.

If they have the will, skill, and durability then why not?

Not related fellas, but remember the outfits the ladies wore when America got it's first all female pro football league? 😍 If I remember right it only lasted a season or 2 but I applauded most aspects of the attempt.

Hard to argue that the majority of men and women are built differently, and unisex heavy contact sports are generally not a good idea. I'm okay with making exceptions for the exceptionally athletic women who are up for the task though.
edit on 1-10-2017 by Illumimasontruth because: Spelling

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Well, regardless of the increased potential for injury, it was a well executed play

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   

That is awesome, there are high school girls that can hack this.

The difference in bone skeletal/muscle/ligaments may rear it's head with contact of the mutantly huge line men that for high school is scary causing severe owie's.

We will see in the "everyone is equal" experiment we are now on.

edit on 1-10-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I was thinking at first that they gave it to her but after watching the video it was a legit play. That's pretty awesome.

I doubt she'd be a great or even good player if she were the starter but pretty cool nonetheless.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal
It's a bad experiment, we are not equal.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Neet story i guess.
Just another milestone for a woman that I never knew existed.
And don't take that as anti girl.
I've coached girls softball for ten years and have seen some awesome athletes.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Nice pass, and I loved how the WR seemed to jump like a gazelle in the end zone.

This is an example of why women's sport should have have more exposure.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   
....A girl threw a ball to a guy.

...Why is this amazing, to anyone, for any reason?

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

I can back you up on that, as a former representative softball player I used to train with the young lasses, my god their arms are like rockets, if you didn't have a mitt on they'd smash you in the chest and destroy your left ventricle.

So powerful, so accurate.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Neet story i guess.
Just another milestone for a woman that I never knew existed.
And don't take that as anti girl.

I am a high school softball coach.

Some of my girls are legit.

I just like to see girls being successful in sports.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie
a reply to: Bluntone22

I can back you up on that, as a former representative softball player I used to train with the young lasses, my god their arms are like rockets, if you didn't have a mitt on they'd smash you in the chest and destroy your left ventricle.

So powerful, so accurate.

Some of my girls will knock you over they throw so hard. I played baseball in high school and didn't have the arm they have.

In fact, I keep my newer girls out of the infield because they have no idea what they are in for and I don't want them getting hurt.

I love my softball girls.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: SR1TX
....A girl threw a ball to a guy.

...Why is this amazing, to anyone, for any reason?

I suppose it was foolish to try to post something positive on ATS.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   

How is posting something demonstrating our clear understanding that the male counter part of the species positive?

Do you know how strange it is to watch a bunch of adults cheer her as if she is a special ed girl? Why is the first thing stated in the line that "Female 1/4 back" Why the supposition? Presented as if society cares?

Why cant it be "Varsity 1/4 back throws td pass in first play" or even her name? Why the distinction on gender and not the skill?

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: SR1TX

How is posting something demonstrating our clear understanding that the male counter part of the species positive?

Do you know how strange it is to watch a bunch of adults cheer her as if she is a special ed girl? Why is the first thing stated in the line that "Female 1/4 back" Why the supposition? Presented as if society cares?

Why cant it be "Varsity 1/4 back throws td pass in first play" or even her name? Why the distinction on gender and not the skill?

I will bet you don't have a daughter.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: SR1TX

Obama will forever be remembered as our first black president. Was that really important?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join