It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 'Urban Death Project' Wants to Turn You Into Soil

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

religions and cultures if you want to be absolutely correct

Explain to me which religion mandates being pumped full of embalming fluid.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: silo13

Or they can discover you and flush you down the toilet.

www.mirror.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Gothmog

religions and cultures if you want to be absolutely correct

Explain to me which religion mandates being pumped full of embalming fluid.

In fact many forbid the practice.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Which takes me back to my original comment that death is big business. People are getting taken in by marketing.

"Not having a traditional funeral? Then you obviously didn't love the decedent."

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 08:45 AM
link   

It's a Seattle-based 501(c)(3) nonprofit that has a novel idea when it comes to making burials greener: composting human remains. It calls its system "Recomposition" and says it "transforms bodies into soil so that we can grow new life after we die."

That's an awesome idea. I would loved to know that once I'm dead my body would be used to benefit others that are still alive instead of just rotting away in the ground taking up space.
Same reason I'm an organ donor.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

If that's not important to you, ok. Do it your own way.

This company will give more options for people to be able to do it their own way.
Are you truly ok with others doing it their own way or not?

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Which takes me back to my original comment that death is big business. People are getting taken in by marketing.

"Not having a traditional funeral? Then you obviously didn't love the decedent."

Got to have the nicest coffin or you didn't really love them.
Got to have the memorial in a church (even if your not christain) or you didn't love them.
Got to have them buried or you didn't really love them.
Got to have them buried in the nice part of the cemetery or you didn't really love them.
Better make sure their body is pumped full of chemicals or you didn't love them.
If your family members aren't rotting in box somewhere than you didn't really love them.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Now that's what I want. I'll just have that and arrange the fertilizer to go to my children/family with the instructions to use it for growing a cannabis plant and then they all have to smoke it up lol

But seriously I looked at dozens of funerals in different cultures, like feeding the remains to animals, burying the remains in a nature place without any marking with a tree or plant growing out, but nothing like a complete fertilizer solution.

I don't believe the person is the body, it is the body which creates the person that goes on to heaven. All matter, molecules are constantly recycled and that's how I would rather have it instead of a burial place or even ashes. Plus, it saves space. I do want a memorial, but only an interactive column by that time maybe with a hologram or robot so family members could still talk to 'me' if they wanted to.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
Got to have the nicest coffin or you didn't really love them.
Got to have the memorial in a church (even if your not christain) or you didn't love them.
Got to have them buried or you didn't really love them.
Got to have them buried in the nice part of the cemetery or you didn't really love them.
Better make sure their body is pumped full of chemicals or you didn't love them.
If your family members aren't rotting in box somewhere than you didn't really love them.

Yup, that is a complete summation of the modern funerary industry. It's like having giant wasteful weddings, you don't love the person unless you took out a home equity line of credit. Nothing says 'I love you' more than debt.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

A poster above said they didn't like the idea of the image of their loved one in a big meat grinder.
But I wonder how many people have seen what embalming looks like? I guess they are ok with having a ton of make-up caked on their fathers face. Funeral homes do some gruesome things to bodies in order to prepare them for the casket.

I was going to post some video of the process but i'm eating right now....

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
I was going to post some video of the process but i'm eating right now....

A bunch of guys in my lodge are funeral directors so I've gotten the full run down. Good times.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

And equating something with good just because it's found in nature is a logical fallacy.

Hey bub, do what EVER you wish.

And I'll do things my way. Deal? Or is that a logical fallacy as well?

edit on 2-10-2017 by FHomerK because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-10-2017 by FHomerK because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   
With interest in the cycle of life and death, this idea fascinates me. At most, if this idea takes hold, it will be just an option available to people much like whether you want to be cremated or buried....or shot in space so I don't how this is detrimental in any way unless they prove it is a health hazard which I doubt it is. Seems more spiritual to me. I always wanted to be buried under some meadow far away from civilization with a tree planted on top. Granted the process discussed sounds like it would be more commercialized and less so spiritual.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 09:18 PM
link   

It's a Seattle-based 501(c)(3) nonprofit that has a novel idea when it comes to making burials greener: composting human remains. It calls its system "Recomposition" and says it "transforms bodies into soil so that we can grow new life after we die."

Well damn it all to hell.

There goes any new zombie movies, and the zombie apocalypse!

They must FAIL!.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: darepairman

To be honest I keep telling the wife, that if I ever find out I am terminal, I am going to get a couple pounds of bacon drive to the woods, get naked and go looking for a bear.

You wouldn't need the bacon

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: FHomerK

And equating something with good just because it's found in nature is a logical fallacy.

Hey bub, do what EVER you wish.

And I'll do things my way. Deal? Or is that a logical fallacy as well?

You didn't address the point.

Cannibalism is found in nature, so is infaticide. Male sea otters are sometimes so randy they've been known to kidnap sea lion pups and rape them to death through any opening they can attempt to penetrate. That is absolutely nature and absolutely natural.

Do we want to argue that it's also good?

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: FHomerK

Because, being placed in a sealed coffin after the body has been embalmed is such a brilliant idea as well.

What we do with our dead is unnatural. I would probably prefer something along these lines for myself, as I have already opted for cremation.

Do we have any Hindu friends here in this thread or people familiar with Hindu culture?

Well, I guess that is my being a bit ignorant it could be adherents of Sikhism im talking about or Jainism or any of the religions from the region, I just know these were people from India I am 99% certain.

Because they were going back and forth between Hindi, Englindi, and English between the nine or ten if them, I only caught some parts. But they were having a conversation touching on spirituality, science, philosophy, etc and I believe, if I understood the parts I could correctly, that they were saying that people in the west are doing something to dead bodies that will keep them from evolving on spiritually after death and there were reasons in religion and science for why a body must be burned in the end...

Anyone know what I might be talking about and can anyone explain it even if im wrong and it is strictly a religious thing? The Indian people have such a rich history and culture that makes others often pale in comparison so I know that even the spiritual explanation would be incredibly interesting to know.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 12:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: silo13
The 'Urban Death Project' Wants to Turn You Into Soil

While the "Urban Death Project" may sound like the title of Hollywood's latest horror film, it's something else entirely—though perhaps not less macabre.

The devaluation of the humans is reaching a new low. Sure, it all sounds fine and good until you really start thinking about it.

All our dead bodies thrown together in a big blender mixed with animal carcasses, entrails and poop to be 'transformed' into fertilizer? Really? That's just perfectly wretched.

Sounds like a huge chance to take also. I don't know anything about how it all comes down but what if you have someone with let's say AIDS who just happens to be fertilizing under your feet. What germs - microbes - whatever would the fertilization process let loose into the air, ground, etc? Maybe someone here will know.

The Seattle Times notes the project has run one experiment thus far involving wood chips and a 78-year-old woman's remains.

It's not approved but they did it anyway? I'd like to know how all that came about.

What I do know is Washington State University is the first of it's kind to build one of these processing plants. Right now they're making fertilizer out of dead animals, manure, entrails, etc. They say they're going to keep humans separate during the testing phase - but by that statement alone? You know we'll all be smooshed in with Fido and pig guts and poo sooner than later.

Nope, no green death for me.

Just one more step towards Soylent Green in my opinion.

Edit to Add: Before you run right over there to allow your body to be made into shat? The page staes:

Due to overwhelming interest, we are not currently enrolling participants in the pilot program at this time.

Why doesn't that surprise me. I mean, it's Seattle.

peace

Informative and amusing post. :-)

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 08:43 AM
link   

You apparently are in love with your point, and somewhat blinded by it.

This is not about male sea otters being randy.

But, where I attempted to say hey, to each their own... you apparently cannot handle that. Kinda sad.

Really kinda immature. Good luck with that, bub.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join