It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So kneeling is disrespectful but booing isn't?!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: bigsnowman

It isn't hypocritical because of the context and intent. However, I do think they should wait until the players are on the field offensively to boo and jeer. And then get real quite when the team that didn't kneel is on offense. That'd send a bigger message to the players.

I personally take offense the the flag protests, and I think what they are protesting is BS too. Once upon a time maybe, but not 2017. Black president voted in mostly by white folks, "minority" Congressmen and Supreme Court justices. "Minority" cops, celebrities, business owners, college students, etc. The percentage of millionares in America by race is fairly proportionate to the population.

Nobody is kneeling for the Native Americans who still have the raw deal to this very day. No, they're protesting the anthem and flag for hyperbolic rhetoric.

So not only is the reasoning for the protest whack, they chose to do it in an offensive way that really alienates much of their fanbase.

So I understand why the boos and jeers from the crowd. I just wish they would also wait for the right time to boo and jeer.

<< 1  2   >>

join