It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Globalism Equals Nationalism Equals Globalism

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: MotherMayEye

I have a feeling Obama could say just about anything and you guys would be against it. Donate to charity? Nipple, not if Obama says it.

I'm a citizen of the world and so is everyone else. How do we expect to come together as a race of we wilfully put barriers between ourselves. And no, that's not a call for open borders, it's a call to see humanity as a whole as one.

Yeah. I don't trust Obama. You're right. I don't believe in him and any 'goodness' in him.

You pegged me right.

ETA: Goody for you that you think Obama was just passing on good global vibes with his 'citizen of the world' comment. I don't. But I am so freaking happy for you that you really, really believe in him!
edit on 10/1/2017 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Who said I believe or trust Obama? I think he's one of the worst presidents we've ever had right next to Bush, that doesn't mean I don't see the value in his words. Doesn't mean I believe he's a good person or that he believes what he says though.
edit on 10/1/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: ClovenSky

Oh no, this piece is another in my decade long series of work on "Hyper-Tribalism" vs. Socio-Agnosticism; and the potential woes of tribalist societies.

The "World Identity" term is a new one I just thought up today to finally explain this perplexing 'globalism is NOTHING like nationalism' noise that is dominating nu-liberal thinking these days. I havent seen nor had a proper term for 'it' before now (I basically never find works dealing with this layer of topics to make things easier). Like with Christians vs Muslims bickering its easy to look at it and say oh thats just religious tribalism, or blacks vs whites that racial tribalism (based on Racial Identity).

See like when I made this I had to list both nationalism & globalism instead of just saying 'race':

Or yesterday when I did my grand to date thesis on this work, to submit to the Global Challenges contest, I had to sort of stumble around to explain it in the same light as the others. I'm debating whether I should wait to post here or not. I actually managed to pull it off without naming any names of modern groups (which pretty much all modern dominant parties & ideologies are full blown Hyper-Tribalist if not damn close) so miiiight have a chance they wont go out of their minds and burn all the printouts.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   
So funny you would post this today, I just posted something very similar on FB in response to the whole NFL "controversy", which as you know isn't really a controversy at all but a tool of distract, divide and conquer. I firmly believe that the only solution to tribalism of all sorts is the empowerment of the individual.

This is why the arts play a vital role in education, learning to resist indoctrination by studying the unique and cherishing it as achievement. Many will argue but I also believe Christianity also teaches the same lesson through belief that each of us is a creation of God, reflections of the many faces of God where each is an expression of the divine. I don't know if Judaism or Islam teaches the same, I would hazard a guess that Islam does not given it's attitudes towards women and non-believers.

As hard as it may be we must all resist the urge to join in any type of group mentality when it is not imperative to do so (working collectively after a disaster for instance). Even after 9/11 I felt the urge to not go along with the patriotic hoopla since I knew it was leading us to war somewhere. I took more than few abusive remarks for not jumping on that bandwagon but it was no big deal to me since group acceptance was never high on my list of priorities.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Oh. Ok.

His words were open to interpretation and you are just pissy that I interpreted them differently than you.

Got it.

Great contribution.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   

What makes you think I'm pissy? I'm just saying that it seems like some people will go against anything and everything he says simply because he's Obama.

And you guys complain about the same thing being done with Trump. You can dish it out but can't take it apparently.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   

How do we expect to come together as a race of we wilfully put barriers between ourselves. And no, that's not a call for open borders, it's a call to see humanity as a whole as one.

The problem with humans is if you make a new "_______" group and they rival another group (tribe), all too easily even without encouragement (propaganda) for them to rival up and 'duke it out'. You're just adding another tribe into the supremacy game. And thats because of the primal layer inside us, and our collective unacknowledgement of it.

Same thing with if you go and make an "Anti-Racist" group, well here they are to fight tribalism and do it they're going to engage in well um ahem tribalism.

So then we go and make a "Global Citizen" tribe, and well if they're at odds with those nationalist tribesmen well sure enough they're going to find each other and now a whole new division between people is invented irregardless of the intent.

Which now for me to propose rethinking tribalist society we're faced with a new 'Anti-Tribalist Tribe' + subsequent division (a division which is assured assuming is framed within the same group notions as we do everything else).

So, so far the best I've come up with is approaching it as being non-tribalist rather than being either tribalist or anti-tribalist. That doesnt quite 'defeat tribalism', but killing the urge isnt even my point (while its isnt really possible). My point is for each person to be in as full conscious control of the urge as is humanly possible in the contexts that it can be used to divide and/or dominate us.
edit on 1-10-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   

What makes you think I'm pissy?

Maybe the "If Obama says to be charitable..." kaka.

I'm just saying that it seems like some people will go against anything and everything he says simply because he's Obama.

And you guys complain about the same thing being done with Trump. You can dish it out but can't take it apparently.

I "go against" Obama because I am smart enough to spot a self-serving, war-mongering liar masquerading as a liberal when I see one put it all on display for anyone paying attention.

"You guys?"

Who are you lumping me in with? People that abhor both parties and think Obama=Trump=Clintons=Bushes and are certain they are actually all good friends?

Because that's me. I don't know about the rest of the 'guys' here.

Dish away. And I will, too!

edit on 10/1/2017 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Obama=Trump=Clintons=Bushes and are certain they are actually all good friends?

My bad, I believe this as well. Carry on!
edit on 10/1/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Yay! We were like two growling dogs sniffing each others' butts and I am ok with how your's smells, too, now.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   
The unfortunates of this are that People will always be separated by Class, Status, Money, and Snobbery.

The Utopian Dream doesn't exist.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I think I am starting to follow you. You are possibly suggesting that we could have individual nations and smaller individual states that would satisfy our 'tribalism' urges, but at the same time view ourselves as not part of any one individual group but instead just as human?

Somehow trick ourselves into the satisfaction of being part of a group but really try and forge views that we are all one?

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Good op, find myself agreeing.

We are monkeys. Clever monkeys with big brains complex groups and massively destructive clubs, but still monkeys.

The need for group identity and for that to be defined through opposition to another outsider group explains much of our bloody history.

It sucks but it's part of the package. It's part of our core and it can't be reasoned out. Any attempt at defeating it with political structures are temporary.

This won't change unless we change it through genetic manipulation or we encounter aliens that can be the opposition group for us all. Without either of those things a world system that allows for and manages conflict between sub groups is the best we can do.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: ClovenSky

Well we are one (that we have the same 'computer hardware' in our heads), but we're not (because of ethnicity, culture, indoctrination, and so on) ie the 'software'. That 'computer hardware' in all of our heads it brings us together, and puts us at each others throats. There are constant tugs of war going on inside of all of our heads, all day every day, and this tribalist urge is one of the most dominant. When I speak to tribalism this layer is everything. Involuntary process is its existence, but that doesnt mean it does or has to rule supreme over your thinking, as is, forever. We know we can learn to be above it, and we know we can be driven like cattle by it. "Leaders" know this too, whether they even have to think about it or not, if they even ever had to, and this is the problem with wanting to be led. And the problem with that problem is the bigger the system the more people being led to the slaughter when it eventually goes wrong (which is always seems to when we tribalism is around as usual).

About that "computer hardware", think about how you can take an infant from an Alaskan Eskimo and raise it up in Vietnamese by Vietnamese parents and that adult Akaskan born Vietnamese wont merely speak the language, but on the phone they will sound absolutely randomly indistinguishable from another other person there.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   

I tend to feed the inner demon on hardware vs software (maybe nature vs nurture?).

I think there are biological/genetic differences out there. No amount of nurture will be able to immediately rewire the hardware. Hardware will only change gradually (multiple generations) in response to a person's surroundings.

Certain people will automatically assume this thinking is wrong. They will even force others to view those type of thoughts as being evil. But what if biological/genetic differences is reality? Without that understanding, we are just flailing in the dark because all theories stemming from an incorrect assumption will also be incorrect.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   
The big difference being that if you don't like the identity of your country you can immigrate to another. Whereas with globalist rule there is no escaping it no matter how deleterious it becomes to your well being as an individual.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   

I don't know what you have been drinking, but "globalist" are not particularly interested in nations or tribes with arms. Their view is far more broad and exactly fits the accurate term "globalization." You missed the memo, I guess.

And pirates were not very democratic whether onboard their ships equipped with handy planks or in their general attitude toward others.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

Hmm...

5 Ways Pirate Ships Functioned as a True Democracy
Over time, the myth of the pirate has generated the image of a rugged, foul man with an elaborate hat, an eye patch, and a peg leg. The men of the tales are brutal and unforgiving, forcing captives to walk the plank, and mercilessly plundering ships at sea. What’s lost in this picture? That pirates made a significant contribution to the development of American democracy in the late eighteenth century. Pirate organizations predated any modern democratic government, having originated during the Golden Age of Piracy, from the 1650s to the 1730s. As an outgrowth of a diverse society that sought to maximize efficiency, Pirates formed relatively liberal, egalitarian orders based on elected officials and mutual trust.
1. The pirates created an order that allowed them to vote for their captains.
2. The crew retained the right to depose their leader if they so chose.
3. There was a system of checks and balances.
4. They had a health care system.
5. Booty was distributed fairly according to skill and duty.

Now you may have described the IDEAL of 'globalism', but that vision of rainbows and puppydogs has no bearing on what I'm describing about all of this of how things work when humans actually get involved in such an ambition. I'd love to re-explain it just for you, but would you actually be willing to listen?

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Corporations do not support Nationalism because how will they monopolize the world with Nationalism. I only see one enemy and it is globalism. Which they use to call internationalism of the financial and shadow government elites during the early 1900s when they realized Colonialism was too difficult to achieve.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Substitute Corporatism for Globalism and Unionism with Nationalism and you are onto something. Globalism is good for the corporate bottom line.

new topics

<< 1    3 >>

join