It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PUERTO RICO - A truth that must be told.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   
This is a thoughtful, (not new..not old) synopsis video that could help to give those of us who have little understanding of Puerto Rico's standing in regard to the US.
Okay, I'm a foreigner, you shouldn't expect a heap of PR knowledge to fall out of my gub, other than some frantic fact checking for something in particular, but what's really incredible, is what comes out of some US politician's gubs, perhaps some time for political gain, or that like myself, they are buck ignorant about the status of Puerto Rico. This video highlights much of that, and no, it's not one sided by any stretch of the imagination, both the two main political parties in the US get a bit of stick....
Have a listen.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   
3 words... Heroin Air Bridge. Attention/focus of this dilemma needs to happen!

www.philly.com...

How Puerto Rico uses a network called Air Bridge to export its addicts to Philly.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Perhaps it's time for Puerto Rico to get serious about state hood. Didn't the citizens of PR vote it down because they didn't want the obligations that go with it?

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Sorry. When I saw who was speaking I could have told you what he was saying. Not interested.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Nickn3

We were robed of Statehood during the Munoz Marin era, In 1948 he was the one that overturned statehood for a commonwealth without the peoples approval as the first democratically elected governor.

Now the right for Puerto Rico to be a state resides in congress, the Puerto Ricans can vote for statehood and have done so many times, but is congress the one that have to pass law for it.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Justso

Well you're being wilfully ignorant. The thumbnail shows Obama but he's not the one speaking. Good job.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Too bad he's pictured. You know what they say about a picture....I'm okay being ignorant of anything he says and if I miss out ...oh well.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Well damn, they have Reagan in the video too, but yeah the thumbnail speaks for the entire 30 minute video. Best to ignore it because of a picture of Obama, that's the logical solution.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Good lord.

I have so little respect for you as an intellect now that you've said that.

This is a real issue. It isn't even painted as a republican or democrat issue despite the fact that the guy in the video is a democrat.

It's amazing to me the level of division going on. To the point where people will choose ignorance to an issue in favor identity politics.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043
Did the majority of the citizens vote in favor of state hood? And when?

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

I have little respect that you have little respect for a different opinion. I've never pretended to an intellect.

I have tremendous concern for the Puerto Ricans and don't care to hear politicians, especially Obama.

Just because I can't stand Obama has nothing to do with the issue-really, sounds like you have a political issue.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3
a reply to: marg6043
Did the majority of the citizens vote in favor of state hood? And when?

Yes, and this year.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Perhaps it's time for Puerto Rico to get serious about state hood. Didn't the citizens of PR vote it down because they didn't want the obligations that go with it?

They did have a referendum amongst many previously, on June 11, 2017 that had a very large majority for statehood, (97%) the pity was that only around a quarter of the population actually participated, why, I don't know, perhaps large scale intimidation by someone, or perhaps the boycott by a party amounting to the same thing, but what ever, I think it all needs investigation by congress...they need to do some serious thinking as well.
edit on 1-10-2017 by smurfy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   

It wasn't a politician speaking though, you would have known that if you had tried watching the video instead of seeing Obama and automatically assuming the message is wrong.

Wilful ignorance, and you're getting stars for it. ATS is so dumbed down. Lol.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justso

Just because I can't stand Obama has nothing to do with the issue-really, sounds like you have a political issue.

In that case, I suggest you run through the video...it won't take long.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

This is a legitimate reason to boycott the flag, anthem, and pledge in my opinion. Law abiding citizens who cant vote. That is inequality.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest

This is a legitimate reason to boycott the flag, anthem, and pledge in my opinion. Law abiding citizens who cant vote. That is inequality.

I can see your point of view in way you have put it..but that's part of the irony, I can't see anything in the flag that would reference Puerto Rico, unless they need to pledge allegiance along with the 50 states, who are represented in the flag, or that PR is represented in the folds, though in the folds it could be that Puerto Rican military men are represented.
edit on 1-10-2017 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Why would you assume that?

We have equally low turnout in the states and no one assumes we are intimidated into not voting or are boycotting. Nope. Everyone just assumes no one cares to vote.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Well you will never hear about it amid that creepy guitar picking....like Jason is stalking a group of camp fire girls, who happen to be white and from the suburbs.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

Well you will never hear about it amid that creepy guitar picking....like Jason is stalking a group of camp fire girls, who happen to be white and from the suburbs.

Most Americans didn't know where Puerto Rico is located, before Hurricane season. Most Americans still do not know where Puerto Rico is located.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join