It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm boycotting too.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: ttobban
a reply to: Illumimasontruth

Or, what about the angle that NFL players stayed in the locker room for the anthem prior to 2008. There's also been millions of dollars spent by the DOD & National Guard(taxpayers) between the years 2010 and 2014... paying for and buying patriotism.

Shouldn't full disclosure of who funds military propaganda in private sectors of business be met at stadiums? I was then and I am still a born American Patriot... I never really needed or even want paid patriotism to exist at the expense of taxpayers. I'd much prefer we keep state affairs and private affairs separate.

Notice we weren't seeing protests and protests of protests prior to 2009?

Again, its just my opinion... but people getting sucked into either side of this irrelevancy are falling for the pushed divide of Americans. If anyone was protesting anthem kneeling prior to 2009, than I eat my words and apologize in advance.

Do a thread!

edit on 1-10-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: intrepid

I'm pretty sure I've seen you all over the go Hillary (evil mass murderous war criminal), SJW rahrahrah, you Americans need to have open borders, go globalism, around here the past year plus. Pretty sure back in the day when the neocon's loathed me called me a liberal everyday for calling out their insanity, you used to dig that.

If that wasn't you and I'm mistaken then I apologize.

Apology accepted.

But I'm pretty sure we both know I'm not mistaken.

Apology rejected. Go ahead and live in your own reality.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Just wait until some Canadian team boycotts O Canada and then stands for The Star Spangled banner a la the NFL in England deciding they could honor God Save the Queen.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I couldn't care less for that either. Anthems should be played when something has been won, a la the Olympics.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ttobban

You nailed it.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   
So glad I don't follow football or go to games so I don't have to directly deal with this circus.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   

I thought most NFL stadiums were subsidized with tax payers dollars? So what is your point.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

Disclosure... of which there's none.

I also value state taxes and federal taxes differently.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   

So, you think there is what concerning a national past time enjoyed by large numbers of military service members, military families, first responders in a football league whose profits are made possible by tax dollar subsidies to create the infrastructure of their stadiums?

Would you rather see tax dollars spent on BLM and Antifa half time displays bashing the USA? I think that is called colleges and universities?
edit on 1-10-2017 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 04:11 PM
link   

More Hypocrisy in the NFL as DeAngelo Williams Gets Fined for Trying to Fight Breast Cancer

www.mesotheliomahelpnow.com...

Business Insider reports that “in the end, after everybody has taken their cut, only 8.01 percent of money spent on pink NFL merchandise” is used to support breast cancer initiatives. In other words, it seems that all of this Think-Pink “fundraising” benefits the NFL most of all.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   

In fact, let's analyze the waste money aspect?

The military doesn't just find people off the street to fly their jets over stadiums. The military is spending money on salaries regardless.

The military spends billions annually on training.

The military already spent the money on the hardware.

So, who cares if a pilot being paid regardless of what the individual does from day to day, in military hardware already acquired, to either take a training flight or move assets around by stadium flyovers?

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   

It's not about the protest anymore. It's a political pissing match and I'm not going to play.

This is what everything is becoming. The issues are getting lost and becoming a pissing match and it is completely disgusting. If it's not the NLF and who's right or who's wrong and who loves America and who doesn't, to the finger pointing, blame shifting, and playground back and forth name calling while Puerto Rico is trashed, to everything in between.

Everything is politicized for gain, for selfishness, for points (or stars), and we see it in the media, echoed here and everywhere, while no solutions are being worked out because BLAME like an ornery married couple that nit picks at everything just because.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   

I'm going to boycott bikini waxing.

I'm serious.

No more bikini waxing for me until they put Firefly back on the sci-fi channel.

If you think I'm lying, I'll have pictures taken.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Really, I'll share the pictures anytime with anyone.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Please look at my pictures.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Look... I am not an agenda pusher. I see trillions of dollars in debt to answer to, and individual small groups of divide pushing for self serving purposes... nothing more... nothing less.

I don't think it's too much to ask for taxpayers to be made to know where their tax dollars are spent. Finances of federal funds should be made fully disclosed. If votes to fund 'insert here' are allocated, I support it. Smeone wishing for checks and balances doesn't always equate to a specific agenda beyond waking the hell up to wasted funds being a problem in our society.

Climbing up the hill to fight these irrelevant battles of divide are leaving the foundations of this country in a full societal decay. I don't have to participate in it. I try to be wise with my funds. Part of my thoughts on economical money management lead to to be irked that federal funds go unknowingly spent... shoot me for it.

I operate like Warren Buffet... when people are buying crap, I'm selling.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 07:05 PM
link   

I couldn't agree more... abuse of funds should be put to the fire.

In fact, those little 'would you like to add a dollar to support whatever fund' we see at each check out lane now is something I don't participate in. There couldn't be a more fake way to be charitable, then to give a dollar and walk away with a sense of accomplishment.'

Paid or not... I am standing for the flag I am loyal to. I don't see it to be asking too much to disclose how funds for federal funds in places of business are being spent though. I'd much rather see service members and families enjoying the games than any specific agenda of divide any day.

Maybe it disturbs me because loyalty to a country is not something that's bought or sold, and here we see the practice has been hidden... I don't know. Had it been disclosed, I would still stand, honor, and be thankful for the U.S.A..

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   

So, you are against displays using individuals and hardware costing the USA money regardless whete training and service takes place? Displays that can help people rally behind? While the NFL already regulates the on field behavior and free speech of players?

You would rather the Soros circus put on a halftime show?

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   

If a place of business wants to put on a display of whatever they want... I am perfectly fine with it. A business can operate by way of trade as they sit fit for their organization.

If a federal government is taking taxpayer money, and paying private businesses to put a show of whatever on... I'd just like to know about how much it costs. Part of the debt crisis is spending money that doesn't exist.

I enjoy the pregame festivities... always have and always will. Aside from feeling bamboozled that federal funds are spent on them that aren't disclosed is the ONLY issue I have... period. Is it too much to ask for a small 10 second/fine print on the jumbotron that 'this presentation was brought to you by xyz and cost xyz???

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   

I had to quit the NFL many years ago... for the NCAA player violations, non guaranteed NFL contracts, and a laundry list of shady NFL practices.It wasn't easy because it was my favorite sport back then, but I don't support diseased politics of any sorts... of which I agree the NFL is fully diseased.

I am happy to say I watch this NFl debacle from a 3rd party perspective. NFL and Walmart have long been at the top of my ban list.

Look... I think we agree a little more than we are really discussing here. I really wish that I didn't have to sign off on all of my opinions, that not all people that talk any bit negatively of a specific direction (e.g. left/right) are automatically in full support of the other direction of divide.

I have long been settled with a neutral position and a bowl of pop corn... the stuff we're seeing now can't be written in movies. To stretch opinions to what a poster of which we don't know posts may or may not support by way of statement and not question is just beyind insane to me.

Anyone else have any directional indication of where my thoughts may have roamed???

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join