It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's REALLY Happening -- or Not Happening -- in Puerto Rico??? (Hint: We don't know...)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: kloejen

Not just Travolta. Where are all the Hollywood millionaires stepping up to the plate and offering help? I'm sure not seeing that. But I am seeing a whole lot of criticism. Makes me wonder who put the word out not to offer or encourage or solicit help for Puerto Rico... and to let Trump sink over this.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Contrary to what people are claiming, the US military has been in place from the start, and is rapidly expanding their presence and aid. They started out slowly, to get an assessment of what is needed where, instead of just jumping in and possibly making things worse.

The USS Kearsarge Amphibious Ready Group has already been conducting rescue operations in the region, including eight medical evacuations and 148 airlifts, and delivered 44,177 pounds of relief supplies and cargo to Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands since Maria struck, according to the Pentagon.

One C-17 Globemaster with the remaining Contingency Response Element to establish airport operations. This unit includes more than 50 personnel.

One C-17 and one C-5 with the Mobile Emergency Response Support unit to provide mobile telecommunications, life support, logistics, operational support and power generation.

One C-17 with the 3rd Expeditionary Sustainment Command from Fort Bragg, North Carolina. This unit includes approximately 20 personnel with tactical trucks and utility trailers to provide site assessments.

One C-17 with the 63d Signal Battalion from Fort Stewart, Georgia. This unit includes approximately 15 personnel, tactical trucks and utility trailers to provide satellite ground communications capabilities.

Two C-5s with the 101st Combat Aviation Brigade from Fort Campbell, Kentucky, to provide tactical airlift with eight helicopters.

Two C-130s with the FAA’s Incident Staging Base Cache from Dobbins Air Reserve Base, Georgia. This unit includes approximately 50 personnel and four heavy duty trucks and equipment.

The Air Force is also further increasing airport throughput capacity in San Juan by assisting the Federal Aviation Administration with air traffic control repairs.

5newsonline.com...

One of the C-5s carrying a mobile unit for the airport was delayed because they found a problem with the unit as they loaded it. Another was loaded with a generator that's so large, they only had about an inch of clearance, on a former C-5C, which was modified to carry odd shaped cargo.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Do you see the hand of Mattis or Kelly (or both) behind this mobilization?

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Possibly. The military has always had a pretty good response to disasters, but this is better organized, considering how stretched they are with Houston and Florida both being hit hard about the same time. Someone is in place that really knows what they're doing when it comes to relief aid.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Thank you for adding that -- good to know. Indeed, important to know.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Do you see the hand of Mattis or Kelly (or both) behind this mobilization?

Interesting question -- thank you for asking.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Just a bunch of pathetic Hollywood whores... all mouth, and crappy acting...

Atleast some of them got it right... maybe thats why they are dead?

"when the chips are down... these ppl will eat eachother"

edit on 1/10/2017 by kloejen because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Possibly. The military has always had a pretty good response to disasters, but this is better organized, considering how stretched they are with Houston and Florida both being hit hard about the same time. Someone is in place that really knows what they're doing when it comes to relief aid.

No disrespect to Mr. Trump necessarily intended ... it just doesn't seem like his forte.

Thanks Zaphod.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 09:44 PM
link   

The relief efforts are always planned by the Pentagon. The president just gives the authorization to do it, and the Pentagon figures out what's needed and where to get it from. If the president were to try to manage it, it would be a disaster. Thankfully, others deal with it. And shockingly, the Pentagon manages to find competent people to do it.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 10:14 PM
link   
no, we don`t know what`s happening there but since it`s basically a third world latin American country we can safely assume that what`s happening there is what would happen in any other third world latin American country after a devastating event.lots of crime and government corruption in distributing the emergency resources that are arriving .
edit on 1-10-2017 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

Hmmm... Maybe... there is no doubt some truth in there. But graft and corruption and crime sure isn't confined to "third world latin American" countries.

Seems to me our own "leaders" could teach them a thing or two about corruption -- and while they never let a good crisis go to waste, they don't need any darned crisis. They create their own.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 11:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
a reply to: Tardacus

Hmmm... Maybe... there is no doubt some truth in there. But graft and corruption and crime sure isn't confined to "third world latin American" countries.

Seems to me our own "leaders" could teach them a thing or two about corruption -- and while they never let a good crisis go to waste, they don't need any darned crisis. They create their own.

I didn`t mean to imply that corruption was confined to third world countries I just meant that the situation is perfect for a third world latin American country to capitalize on corruption. with no electricity and basically isolated from world oversight the temptation for corruption ( by both the government and corporations) might be too much for even the most saintly politician or corporate CEO to resist.
edit on 1-10-2017 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Indeed which makes the hue and cry from both sides about anything but Mr. Trump’s inability to refrain from Twitter antics rather moot.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Just found this morning that our company has 17 people there who are trying to work in PR. They have power 5 hours a day at work via generator but getting fuel is tough. They are allowed to take their families to work to use the water and relax in the AC. Money is not an issue corporate has pretty much opened up their credit cards to whatever they need however they need to get it.

Donations are being taken but they don't really need anything other than get the power running. They have been given permission to move into the building if needed to make life a bit easier.

Misread our newsletter 27 families and 17 children

edit on 2-10-2017 by mikell because: Clarify

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 06:26 AM
link   

What part you don't understand about PR, the part that you have not idea that PR doesn't work like a state? that we are an autonomous Island, that we have military presents all the time, in Fort Buchanan an army port? that only the government can ask for assistance that the Federal government can only bring assistance as asked, that the poor leadership within the Island is what caused the delays we now see, that the Island is in a tog a war with private entities controlling distribution, that beside the media LYING, FEMA and Military personnel were doing rescues and medical emergency aid around the Island since the Hurricane and you can find information on that in the net directly from PR sources but not soo much from US media.

Will you just stop the bashing is starting to sound silly, old and agenda ridden.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 06:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

What part you don't understand about PR, the part that you have not idea that PR doesn't work like a state? that we are an autonomous Island, that we have military presents all the time, in Fort Buchanan an army port? that only the government can ask for assistance that the Federal government can only bring assistance as asked, that the poor leadership within the Island is what caused the delays we now see, that the Island is in a tog a war with private entities controlling distribution, that beside the media LYING, FEMA and Military personnel were doing rescues and medical emergency aid around the Island since the Hurricane and you can find information on that in the net directly from PR sources but not soo much from US media.

Will you just stop the bashing is starting to sound silly, old and agenda ridden.

What I understand Marg, all due respect, is that you consider yourself on "one side" of this ... and you are clapping along to the "it's all Puerto Rico's fault" bandwagon.

I'm not sure what your problem is with me, except that I called you out on another thread, but my issue is and has been Trump's needless and petulant verbal responses to the catastrophe. He has made a horrible situation worse.

Now, if you disagree with that assessment, fine, but stop with the "you don't understand like I do Gryph" line of BS, k?

I've never said anything differently. I did point out to you, which apparently has really SINCERELY earned your peevishness in directing pointless comments to me in thread after thread, is that you should consider yourself lucky that your marriage "got you out" of PR, or you'd likely be down there trapped in a horrible situation like the rest of your fellow Puerto Ricans, and Trump supporters here would be including you in the disgusting attempts to say and do ANYTHING to make certain that Mr. Trump isn't "at fault." The only thing I'm holding him responsible for in this, as he is clearly incompetent to anything else, is his own stupid, demoralizing public remarks.

Are we clear now? Great.

edit on 2-10-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 06:47 AM
link   

So you been prejudiced to me because I got out of the Island? or because I am contradicting the bash agenda going on, BTW have you been in PR?

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 06:54 AM
link   

So you been prejudiced to me because I got out of the Island? or because I am contradicting the bash agenda going on, BTW have you been in PR?

Yeah Marg, it's all about you.

I'll try one more time. My observation was that you should be glad that you married and got off the island. If you hadn't, you would be down there in the midst of the people you and other Trump supporters are currently BLAMING for the issues on the ground.

It has been made clear by military forces on the ground that the problems with logistics are a lack of fuel and, well, the fact that the island has JUST BEEN DEVASTATED BY A HURRICANE. Those truck drivers that you're so glad to blame are still in survival mode trying to help their own families.

But yeah, you keep trying to make this about you.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Ha, ha, I still like you Gryphon66.

And yes I am special, because I am Puertorrican.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Ha, ha, I still like you Gryphon66.

And yes I am special, because I am Puertorrican.

That about sums it up.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join