It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's REALLY Happening -- or Not Happening -- in Puerto Rico??? (Hint: We don't know...)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: Boadicea

And where did her newly printed tshirt come from?

CNN. At least the hurricane didn't damage her giant Charles Nelson Reilly glasses.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   

It's gotten so bad and ridiculous that people are actually calling for the US military to intervene. They could have those containers shipped out in just a few hours.

Ironically, this is now going to blow back in the PR leadership's face. They've shot themselves in the foot to spite Trump.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit

It's gotten so bad and ridiculous that people are actually calling for the US military to intervene. They could have those containers shipped out in just a few hours.

Ironically, this is now going to blow back in the PR leadership's face. They've shot themselves in the foot to spite Trump.

As it should!!! They could have played their political games for political points and still distributed the food.... claiming all the credit for the relief efforts (true or not). I can't imagine how traumatic this must be for the people. They will not forget this. And no matter how much they blame Trump, if they can't stand up and say, "Despite Trump, we got this done and that done and we're working on even more," then they've lost the faith and support of the people. The people won't forget this betrayal.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Just saw this, and added it to the OP as well:

Neighbori ng mayor praises Trump, says San Juan mayor playing 'politics,' AWOL at meetings

The mayor of a Puerto Rican city that sits next to San Juan praised the administration's help Saturday night, and chided the "politics" of San Juan Mayor Carmen Yulin Cruz, who has been criticizing President Trump.

In an interview with Secrets, Guaynabo Mayor Angel Perez Otero said that in several meetings with FEMA and U.S. military officials about the recovery effort, Yulin Cruz has been absent. "I've seen other mayors participating. She's not," said Perez Otero.

Not looking good for the mayor of San Juan.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Some of your information is right, but you have no the whole picture yet.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I predict it will be enacted right after Trump visit the island and see the cluster F### he got in his hands.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   

La comandante is your version of Latina Maxine waters

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

Some of your information is right, but you have no the whole picture yet.

Yes, I do understand that... especially because I understand there are those who do not want us to have the whole picture.

Please post anything you think would be helpful to understand the big picture. I get the feeling you have personal connections? Or am I reading too much into your comment? I don't want to put words in your mouth! But do share anything you know...

At this point -- rightly or wrongly -- I'm more interested in hearing from the people than from their so-called leaders.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   

La comandante is your version of Latina Maxine waters

Oh no... that's not good AT ALL!!!

Downright creepy in fact! One is too much

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   
After seeing all those pallets and containers-why can't we use military helicopters to deliver the survival supplies-especially if they are blaming blocked roads and trucks?

Those poor people. Couldn't we send cruise ships over also?

Seems to me there are some better solutions than bickering and the news just doesn't cover much but the bickering.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   

I just very dumfounded about the miss information that the news media in the US are feeding the rest of the people.

I actually have seen them lying in front of my eyes showing pictures of areas that I am familiar with and know that they are just sensationalizing things.

For a while the news kept showing a building in San Juan from the 1600s that the hurricane devastated, The truth is that San Juan is full of beautiful buildings from the Spanish era and they are all fine and well, in the 70s and early 80s was a big restoration of old buildings in the area that my father was one of the experts call for to participate in that restoration.

That building that the news kept showing over and over was an abandon building that has been empty for over 25 years crumbling away.

I have come to the conclusion that the media in the US can not be trusted, is full of BS and sensationalism.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Justso

It was two cruises lines that help evacuate people from the Island but it was no only PR they did it on the other Islands also, the people were stranded tourist.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justso
After seeing all those pallets and containers-why can't we use military helicopters to deliver the survival supplies-especially if they are blaming blocked roads and trucks?

Another excellent question for which I have no answer. And it seems that those reporting would rather stir the pot than ask these important questions. Perhaps there aren't enough helicopters available? But in that case, couldn't we call on private pilots to join the effort, much like private boaters helped out in Texas? I don't get it.

Those poor people. Couldn't we send cruise ships over also?

I don't why not... but if the authorities are standing in the way of distribution of supplies already on the ground, I would expect them to stand in the way of any/all assistance.

Seems to me there are some better solutions than bickering and the news just doesn't cover much but the bickering.

There has to be better options than what's going on now -- that's for sure!

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   

I just very dumfounded about the miss information that the news media in the US are feeding the rest of the people.

I actually have seen them lying in front of my eyes showing pictures of areas that I am familiar with and know that they are just sensationalizing things.

Wow. That's gotta be frustrating. And infuriating.

For a while the news kept showing a building in San Juan from the 1600s that the hurricane devastated, The truth is that San Juan is full of beautiful buildings from the Spanish era and they are all fine and well, in the 70s and early 80s was a big restoration of old buildings in the area that my father was one of the experts call for to participate in that restoration.

That building that the news kept showing over and over was an abandon building that has been empty for over 25 years crumbling away.

That's crazy. Don't these fools know the truth will be known sooner or later??? When the island recovers, and the people see that kind of crap being spread while they were desperate for food and medicines and other necessities, I can't imagine how angry and betrayed they will feel. And rightfully so.

I have come to the conclusion that the media in the US can not be trusted, is full of BS and sensationalism.

Me too. I think lots of us have from lots of different perspectives. I don't know why everyone hasn't realized this.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   

That's crazy. Don't these fools know the truth will be known sooner or later???

Doesn't matter. The impression and reactions have already been made.

This is the modern day information era. Facts turn up last.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

This is what the manipulators count on. The initial reaction will be all that's remembered no matter how many facts show up afterwards to discount the erroneous spin placed upon events.

Seen it happen a million times and the only thing that's remembered is the initial reaction, not what was shown to be wrong later.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Doesn't matter. The impression and reactions have already been made.

I really really hope you're wrong about that. At least for the people of Puerto Rico... and that it shows the next time elections come around -- if not sooner.

I know lots of folks here on the mainland will believe what they want to believe. And they have the, um, luxury of doing so from their warm and secure homes, with food in the kitchen and first aid in the cabinets... but I can't imagine those folks who are suffering won't remember this and act accordingly.

And I would expect that list of targets would include any/all truck drivers that would rather punish their fellow countrymen for a personal vendetta than proudly do their part in this crisis.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Justso

Ok you bring in helicopters, now you need to bring in fuel, parts, air crew, maintenance, tools for the maintainers, and possibly security depending on the ground situation.

So which gets priority?

Life saving supplies or helicopters and all associated equipment?

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical

This is what the manipulators count on. The initial reaction will be all that's remembered no matter how many facts show up afterwards to discount the erroneous spin placed upon events.

Seen it happen a million times and the only thing that's remembered is the initial reaction, not what was shown to be wrong later.

Agreed. It's the only constant qualifier as news these days unfortunately.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   

I would love to be wrong. Given history as an indication, I don't think I will be however.

If I had to make an assumption on how things will pan out, it would be this. Those supplies will get delivered, by the hands of the U.S. Army/Coast Guard and the reserves.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join