It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could there be a second Sphinx buried in Giza? Female Sphinx Buried?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

The main source of income: Celebrities

networthroll.com...

Like I said, I would prefer one of his tours, over hair guy, were I wealthy enough.

edit on 10/1/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Agreed, I don't think his wealth was acquired from pointing out pyramids to tour bugs though.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 07:54 PM
link   

He's using pyramid power?

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Sure, pyramid power.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   
He probably has a good sideline in re-sharpening old razor blades. You could fit a few thousand in a small box quite easily. Leave them in a pyramid overnight and then sell them for a tidy profit.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: denybedoomed
a reply to: LABTECH767
What do people like hawass have to gain by shutting down the dialogue?

Or is he being pressured to do so?

He gains everything if he is an agent to the Egyptian State. Tourism is the number one money maker in Egypt, right? I think the modern Egyptian culture would be looked at quite differently if it was learned another civilization altogether built them.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter

He gains everything if he is an agent to the Egyptian State. Tourism is the number one money maker in Egypt, right? I think the modern Egyptian culture would be looked at quite differently if it was learned another civilization altogether built them.

Ok, so imagine that it was shown that an earlier civilisation built the pyramids.

What country are those tourists going to visit to see the remains of the other civilisation? They'll be going to... Egypt. Because that's where the Pyramids are located.

How is it going to significantly affect tourism? If anything, it might rekindle new interest and increase tourism.

Now national pride is another matter entirely, but I thought it was already fairly well established that modern Egyptians are not that closely related to ancient Egyptians?

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: EvillerBob

The suppression of knowledge is to control the masses. Religion, Spirituality, and Morals keep us all from becoming beasts and heathens. If the history books change too fast or ancient civilization history is disclosed, all of which contradicts mainstream Religious beliefs, then all hell breaks loose, or so they tell themselves, thereby justifying their conscious regarding holding all the power and knowledge.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: EvillerBob

originally posted by: Tempter

Ok, so imagine that it was shown that an earlier civilisation built the pyramids.

What country are those tourists going to visit to see the remains of the other civilisation? They'll be going to... Egypt. Because that's where the Pyramids are located.

How is it going to significantly affect tourism? If anything, it might rekindle new interest and increase tourism.

Now national pride is another matter entirely, but I thought it was already fairly well established that modern Egyptians are not that closely related to ancient Egyptians?

So how much would all of the collective branding be affected? Thousands of years of history and historical artifacts based on the previous truth are now significantly affected in value. That's a lot of historical value lost.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Sure, there might be another Sphinx.

And, my own opinion is that even IF the three big pyramids were constructed 2800 bp , there remains some possible (to probable) reality to human civilization being far older than 10000 or so years.

We're already pushing anatomically modern humans back to almost 6 million years and some finds (of unknown provenance) might make us older. Even if only a half-million years old, that leaves eons of time unaccounted for.

So, imo, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if we kept rising and falling, being the dumb, violent dolts we are, mixed with the ever present small minority of complex thinkers... knowledge is easily lost and civilization is a fragile, fragile thing.

Heck, there might've been ancient non-human intelligence, too, for all we know.

There could be an organized effort at deceit, as finding older vanished human civilization and scientific achievement would mean our political leaders might let it all go to heck, again, or that Earth's environment is far more mercurial than is comfy, and both notions don't mix well with the status quo... but there doesn't have to be a conspiracy.

The odd finds pointing to extreme antiquity have already been found ... and rejected because they are "impossible." Dogma screws with religion AND science... as humans are primary to both.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 11:00 PM
link   

yes - there COULD be a " second sphinx " out there - but very highly unlikley

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 01:00 AM
link   
It may be buried in a mount, then perhaps smaller than first, being undetected all this time. Wonder then who would the second be of? If built around the same time. Duality wise I agree with. Maybe one of the wives of Khafra, son of Khufu who had it built?

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: autopat51
some documentaries I have seen put out the theory that it is not a lion at all but a dog, simply by the way it is laying.

I have started to agree with this theory based on some things that I've read, along with some videos like these:

There are obviously more videos out there about the sphinx being Anubis by many people, but this guy (cfapps7865) does a really good job explaining the "why" behind his claims. He has a TON of videos on pyramids and the sphinx, all of which are very, very interesting to watch. I suggest his channel for those who don't quite believe that we have the dating and the overall history of the western shores of the Nile correct.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

I've always been a fan of the idea that the biblical character "Nimrod" who was a mighty hunter had the Spinx built at the same time as the tower of Babel(Great Pyramid?). Only it was originally his favorite hunting dog/Anubis and was later given a face-lift. But what do I know, I have not spent years researching the topic.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   

I think that it has to do with nationalism (and in turn, money from tourism, although I doubt that the tourists would stop flowing if the date of the construction moved back) AND with external pressures. It seems like there is as much evidence supporting an older age (and different civilization who build them) for the pyramids and sphinx and other ancient sites (like the Osirion, for example) as there is for the currently accepted history.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

Your questions are based on the assumption that the human face is the original carving--what if it's not?

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Looking over some satellite images of the Giza Plateau, where would there even be room for another Sphinx, particularly if it was approximately the same size? That whole are has been scraped pretty clean. Any significant structures would probably already have been found. If they were going for some kind of symmetry, I don't see any spots where they could even artistically put another Sphinx.

Maybe I'm not seeing it right.
edit on 2-10-2017 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Unless the people who discovered it do not want it uncovered, it could upset the $$$ applecart and possibly other social and religious applecarts.

So you think all the artifacts and info that has been uncovered has been shared with the world?

I do not.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
So you think all the artifacts and info that has been uncovered has been shared with the world?
I do not.

Do you think somebody has the capstones squirreled away somewhere?

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Perhaps.

I feel the same way about the Smithsonian as I do about the Egyptian antiquities. They have held back/hidden info and artifacts.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join