It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could there be a second Sphinx buried in Giza? Female Sphinx Buried?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I have never heard this theory. But Gerry Cannon and Malcolm Hutton have looked into the history of this and have a book coming out with the claim that there is another Sphinx buried near the present one. The book also pushes the poo poo'ed idea that Sphinx maybe considerably older than the excepted age.

An upcoming book seeks to rewrite history with a wild new claim speculating at the possibility that a second Sphinx might be buried in Giza.

Their claim, as established by historian authors Gerry Cannon and Malcolm Hutton, is based on a long-standing theory that the Great Sphinx of Giza had a counterpart.
www.egypttoday.com...

Again, I have never heard of the "mate" to the male sphinx the represents duality. The female counterpart is, according to the researcher's theory, is buried and they think they know where.

This is due to the fact that in every Ancient Egyptian depiction of a Sphinx has always come in pairs. They were believed to represent duality, particularly as a male and female, and represented the transformation of the sun into the moon, which the Egyptians believed occurred when the Sun traveled through the earth and emerged as the moon, guarded on each end by a Sphinx.

This makes the Great Sphinx in Giza so a peculiarity, given that it’s all alone. Going even further, the two Historians believe they may have discovered where it could have been buried. They suspect the Giza Sphinx’s female counterpart is buried in a mound guarding one of the Great Pyramids.

From what I have seen from the Egyptian authority, if there is a female sphinx buried it will take decades for any digging to be done. And I can imagine a huge tent to hide the dig from prying eyes like ours.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Wouldn't this show up on the satellite scans they do?

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

I agree with the theory that:

The human face has been carved from an original lions head. Thats why its smaller than a natural head should be.

It was damaged, some king, the guy whose face is on the sphinx, fixed up the abandoned cities in ruin and dedicated this site to himself.

This was before modern day egyptian peoples moved into the area after eons as nomads.

edit on 10 1 2017 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

You are definitely not alone in that theory, the theory states that the So called Egyptian pyramid builders only built the smaller structure and renovated the Giza Plateau and it's OLDER structures.

Course there are many on this site that believe they know better, they don't know any more than you or me though they may be better versed in the accepted history but that does not make there opinion's any more superior.

I actually believe it is over 10.000 years old and probably a good bit older, I believe though that the pyramid's were most likely extensively rebuilt in the classical Egyptian period and were likely in a poor state before that renovation.
en.wikipedia.org...

Compelling arguments that the Egyptologists and there groupies can not disprove, Water Erosion of the Sphynx and it's enclosure point to a time about 12000 years ago when it was last definitely a wet climate, the alignment of the Sphynx and the pyramid also point to this very same time period when at that time once per year the three stars of Orion's belt (Sacred to the Egyptian's as the Duat or the Egyptian heaven) and the constellation of leo would line up in this manner, the three stars of Orion would sit on top of the point's of the three pyramid's crowning them, the sphinx would face EXACTLY toward the constellation of Leo (Hor Ee Ahkti - Horus of the Horizon), 12600 years ago.

But there are some pretty strange theorys, personally I believe Hancock, Bauval and Shock are correct.
But here are some other ideas and some the same.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...
gizadeathstar.com...

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   

There was definitely another and probably later Great Sphynx likely modelled after the older one, it was apparently badly damaged in a flood of the Nile during Arab time's so could even have been built much later, even during the Gecko Roman period, what the story say's is that the other sphinx (probably a later cult shrine) was build of block's and after being damaged it was carted off and the stone's probably re-used in later building's.
www.catchpenny.org...

This one also goes off on another tangent and argues it was not even a lion but originally a Jekyl however that is unlikely in my opinion (which is no better than anyone else's opinion).
www.gigalresearch.com...

But this one you are talking about mean's that later sphinx was nothing but an imposter anyway and that there may actually be another Original second sphinx which actually make three of them? if you add the later one that was built to mirror the great sphinx on the other side of the nile.
www.express.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

The new techniques, well fairly new, are incredible.

I would imagine that the Giza plateau was, if not the first, certainly way up on the list of first places to use it.

I would imagine that an object as big as another Sphinx nearby would have been investigated, and announced, to rather huge fan fare.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Star and flagging so i can come back and read.

Also, thank you. Thank you for writing a true ATS thread. The only politics involved is bickering egos of archaeologists. And thats a refreshing change.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I doubt if it would be fanfared in this political day and age, especially in a (religious) hotspot as the middle east.

I could imagine they would like to investigate it first to make an impact assessment.

Besides that: decades now satellites and planes are capable of ground penetrating rader it surprises me that there are so FEW archaeological new discoveries of significant scale. Although we had some fine examples in the south american jungle and also in the African deserts (I vaguely remember a picture with dozens of sub-sand pyramids ) I still cannot imagine there is so little.

For example: Here in the Netherlands in my region you can not dig a hole or you will find some Roman, or even older remains. But always.. when they dig for a building or something, not because the air force, or a satellite image guided them the way.

It could be just as simple as lack of funds and direction.. but .. somehow.. a feeling..

I somehow have a feeling that archaeology has come to a standstill.

edit on 1-10-2017 by EartOccupant because: Rader result

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   
some documentaries I have seen put out the theory that it is not a lion at all but a dog, simply by the way it is laying.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: autopat51

It does lay more like a canine than a felid. At least my dog bear growing up sat just like that. Lions i think roll their hips over and lay on the hip instead of their haunches.

The aztec and mayan pyramids are built ontop of existing pyramids so we know at least other cultures in history have built new shrines temples and pyramids iver already existing ones. So im open that the egyptians were no different.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   
For those wanting to know more...

Short overview.

It's an extraordinarily interesting field...

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: autopat51

Jackal is what I've read... I suppose that's pretty dog like, though.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
Wouldn't this show up on the satellite scans they do?

If the satellite scans are not tampered with, yes.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

I agree with the theory that:

The human face has been carved from an original lions head. Thats why its smaller than a natural head should be.

It was damaged, some king, the guy whose face is on the sphinx, fixed up the abandoned cities in ruin and dedicated this site to himself.

This was before modern day egyptian peoples moved into the area after eons as nomads.

Out of all the inscriptions and hieroglyphs I wonder if there is a description or hieroglyphic image of the sphinx before the Egyptians carved their kings face in it?
Of course this would be hidden from the public.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Of course this would be hidden from the public

Zahi accidentally leaned against it with a pick-axe.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert

Wasn't he accused of stealing artifacts from near to or inside some of the pyramid sites when Egypt was in turmoil but it was then covered up.
I actually don't believe he did but the guy is too driven for him to accept anyone else opinion, that make's him unsuitable because he has a prejudice beyond professional bias.

I just don't trust him for some reason as well as believe he is complicit in some cover up's of inconvenient data and find's.

parapoliticaljournal.com...

english.ahram.org.eg...

I am not going to say he is a bad man because I dont' actually believe he is but I do not trust him, I believe he has harmed genuine research because it did not fit his view and his view has run roughshod over real history.
edit on 1-10-2017 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Wasn't there a second sphinx somewhere in crimea ?

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

To be fair, he was put in a tough spot with a very political position. I don't think it's a stretch to allege he was a shameless self-promoter and did his best to restrict access to "professional" groups whose professional-ness was gauged solely by how closely they adhered to the orthodox position. Refusing to allow DNA testing, for example, because the results might upset assumptions previously set in stone by orthodox Egyptology.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: frenchfries

There are a lot of claims about Crimea, I believe there is something there but what, then there are the Bosnian Pyramid's there is stiff opposition on ATS from other members but I genuinely believe they are artifacts indicating a lost civilization.
Then there are the Chinese pyramid's, perhaps the most and even among the largest pyramids anywhere in the world (the white pyramid often claimed to be an imperial tomb was a thousand feet tall) but we know perhaps the least about them.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Nice thread star and flagged

edit on 1-10-2017 by ancienthistorian2 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join