It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More problems for the Middle East.. Kurds beware !

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

I wonder what those people supporting the Kurds would say about

On Catalonia's Referendum Some people in Catalonia, a rich and culturally distinct area in north-east of Spain, want to secede from the larger country. According to polls (pdf) less than half of the people in the area support the move. The local government prepared for a referendum and called for a local vote. Polling stations were set up for today. But Spanish laws do not allow for such polls or a separation. Catalonia, like other Spanish regions, already has a good degree of autonomy. If Catalonia were to secede the Basque areas in the north would likely follow. Spain would fall apart. Under Spanish law the referendum is illegal. The central government sent police to prevent the procedure. Street melees ensued.
www.moonofalabama.org... I think it might be a juggling act they would prefer to just ignore . Is the MSM covering the Catalonia thing ?

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nexttimemaybe

originally posted by: deckdel
a reply to: 727Sky

Kurds are one of the oldest nations in the region and there is zero doubt they earn independence and shall stand as free nation.

Turks are - idiots. They could see this as a road to regional peace. But no. They are still of the same nomadic intelligence as before entering the Levent, and miss the obvious uppsides.

So, USA needs again to come into help and together with Israel garantee the safety against the oppressors. Very dissappointed that Turkey will be counted as one.

So you plan on stealing someone else's land without their permission and give it to the Kurds?

That worked well with Israel didn't it.

The Kurds have had a defacto nation since the fall of Sadaam . They have been steadfast allies through all the BS that goes on in the Middle East. They respect minorities and women. They are deserving of their own Nation. F@^* Turkey, Iraq, Syria and Iran and let the Kurds have a Country.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
a reply to: worldstarcountry

I wonder what those people supporting the Kurds would say about

On Catalonia's Referendum Some people in Catalonia, a rich and culturally distinct area in north-east of Spain, want to secede from the larger country. According to polls (pdf) less than half of the people in the area support the move. The local government prepared for a referendum and called for a local vote. Polling stations were set up for today. But Spanish laws do not allow for such polls or a separation. Catalonia, like other Spanish regions, already has a good degree of autonomy. If Catalonia were to secede the Basque areas in the north would likely follow. Spain would fall apart. Under Spanish law the referendum is illegal. The central government sent police to prevent the procedure. Street melees ensued.
www.moonofalabama.org... I think it might be a juggling act they would prefer to just ignore . Is the MSM covering the Catalonia thing ?

Does not Catalona or Scotland deserve to vote for Independence? Why would you think a supporter of Kurdish Aspirations would be opposed to Catalonians having a peaceful referendum on Independence? Hell Quebec can do it, California can for all I care. Hi

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

Does not Catalona or Scotland deserve to vote for Independence? Why would you think a supporter of Kurdish Aspirations would be opposed to Catalonians having a peaceful referendum on Independence? Hell Quebec can do it, California can for all I care. Hi
I think peoples should have a say in their future . When it comes to the ME its a even bigger question what not with the Palestinians . I am a part of the largest Native group in North America but as of yet have no status as such .I think that politically it could upset their (tptb) apple cart . The ME seems to be open season on creating kaos and divisions . Why didn't all Kurds have a referendum if its a state they really want . Why exclude the ones in Turkey and Syria and Iran .Why just Iraq one should ask .

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1
yes if I am seeing it on Reuters in my Roku than its fair to say Catalonia is the MSM dristaction, and Spain has agreed to take a pr lashing up the rear to keep eyes away from the partitioning currently being worked out A few thousand miles east.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1

I think peoples should have a say in their future . When it comes to the ME its a even bigger question what not with the Palestinians . I am a part of the largest Native group in North America but as of yet have no status as such .I think that politically it could upset their (tptb) apple cart . The ME seems to be open season on creating kaos and divisions . Why didn't all Kurds have a referendum if its a state they really want . Why exclude the ones in Turkey and Syria and Iran .Why just Iraq one should ask .

In Turkey? Lol don't make me laugh. Erodgan's Turkey would pull an Armenian Genocide on the Kurds if they could get away with it.

Syria and Iran still have the upper hand on the Kurds in those Countries. The Kurds of Iraq have tasted freedom and autonomy. One you taste Freedom you never want to go back. Should Kurdistan be a larger geographic area, yes. For right know they will have to be happy with Northern Iraq.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   

In Turkey? Lol don't make me laugh. Erodgan's Turkey would pull an Armenian Genocide on the Kurds if they could get away with it.
Sadam used US supplied chemical weapons back in the day and kind of got away with it ,didn't he ? If I am not mistaken the Kurdish region kind of got a bit of autonomy but don't seem to be following their own rules for Govt. leaders .Not even sure if they have a functioning Govt .When were their last elections ? What law [s] have they been operating under ? How have they been selling the oil there ? Is it done legally ? How would they do it in the future ? If they piss their neighbors off , how will they function ? We see the almost complete mess Qatar was in ...Iran matters ...Turkey matters ...Syria matters ...and Iraq matters ... Kurdistan , not so much .

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 08:26 PM
link   
The EU as already mentioned has been closely manipulating the situation in the kurdish areas in Iraq. They have a problem, they can't get any gas from Ukraine starting jan 1st 2019, so they want to try to foment chaos in kurdistan, to come and steal oil and gas.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 12:46 AM
link   
The already extant nations, Iraq Iran Turkey and Syria need to create an atmosphere where the Kurds can lead good lives and build great communities.

Trying to create another nation right now is just bad timing and a bad idea, despite the validity of the Kurdish claim. There is already a complete cluster # of conflict going on there right now.

Especially consider that pissing off a NATO nation is not a good move. We need to reassure Turkey and just negotiate with them to work out their problems with the Kurds rather than to continue inflaming this and to end their secret war with them because that war only continues to breed further conflicts.

As much as I personally believe they are their own nation, this just isn't the right time.

Perhaps we need to just get a dialogue going at the UN where we can get the 4 nations to start making some sort of concessions at the table, and we can see what type of territory we are talking about here. Kurdistan has to understand it is certainly not going to get the full 100% of what it believes is it's ancestral homeland. They ought to be happy if they can get 10 or 20% of what they want.

Everyone needs to be reasonable here and discuss this maturely, understanding the plight of the Kurds but also taking into consideration the territorial integrity and political nature of the extant nations involved.

We can work this out, but I doubt they will considering none of them are very pragmatic or reasonable...

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

Kurds are one of the oldest nations in the region and there is zero doubt they earn independence and shall stand as free nation.

Turks are - idiots. They could see this as a road to regional peace. But no. They are still of the same nomadic intelligence as before entering the Levent, and miss the obvious uppsides.

So, USA needs again to come into help and together with Israel garantee the safety against the oppressors. Very dissappointed that Turkey will be counted as one.

So you plan on stealing someone else's land without their permission and give it to the Kurds?

The Kurds have had a defacto nation since the fall of Sadaam . They have been steadfast allies through all the BS that goes on in the Middle East. They respect minorities and women. They are deserving of their own Nation. F@^* Turkey, Iraq, Syria and Iran and let the Kurds have a Country.

We could give them part of the USA since they are such great allies I guess.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   

If that were a valid solution I'd be for that. Why such animosity towards the Kurds? What exactly have they done to deserve such snideness? It's not like Iraq has been ruling over them this last quarter century.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   

If that were a valid solution I'd be for that. Why such animosity towards the Kurds? What exactly have they done to deserve such snideness? It's not like Iraq has been ruling over them this last quarter century.

It is a valid solution indeed but it is an oxymoronic solution too .

Persians , Turks and Arabs have Kurdish populations and are directly effected.

There is the fact that most Kurds actually are pious muslims .

Snideness towards Kurds doesn't exists either ; Israel is attempting to seize chunk of Mesopotamia.

For every dead Kurd they get more free symphaty for " Greater Israel " ; say what you want but it is sleek and sick move on the paer of Netanyahu ; he is gambling Armegeddon and his fullhouse is made up of 1- Grandchildren of Selahaddin 2- Grandchildren of Hye 3- Grandchildren of Alexander .

What happens if the opponent(s) produce a Straight Flush ?

Gog and Magog ?

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: 23432

Blah blah blah. The Kurds are deserving of an independent Homeland of their own.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: pavilWhat about the Assyrians, do they deserve a home too?? They live there too you know.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
a reply to: pavilWhat about the Assyrians, do they deserve a home too?? They live there too you know.

. Most of the Chaldeans have fled the region as have almost 50% of Assyrians. The Kurds have stayed and fought. Why don't the Kurds deserve a Homeland?

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 04:55 AM
link   

a reply to: 23432

Blah blah blah. The Kurds are deserving of an independent Homeland of their own.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Western attempts at sawing chaos in the middle east, by exploiting the kurdish situation will end up with the cut-off of Europe from oil and gas coming from those areas. Don't be fooled though! If the US gets involved into the EU orchestrated mess, it will pay a price as well.

Besides that ... I don't think that either Iran or Turkey want to start a war with the recently independent Kurdistan. Kurdistan in turn won't start a war with those either!
edit on 5-10-2017 by Flanker86 because: c

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 04:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Flanker86

Europe is NOT backing Kurdistan independance :

Statement by High Representative/Vice-President Federica Mogherini on the proposed Kurdish referendum in Iraq

A referendum on independence has been announced by the Kurdistan Regional Government for 25 September 2017.

The European Union reiterates its steadfast support for Iraq's unity, sovereignty and territorial integrity. Unilateral actions, such as the proposed referendum, is counterproductive and must be avoided.

The EU recognises there are outstanding issues between Erbil and Baghdad that need to be resolved. This should be done through a peaceful and constructive dialogue leading to a mutually agreed solution based on the full application of the provisions of the Iraqi Constitution. The EU welcomes the UN initiative to facilitate a dialogue and offers its support to such a process if requested.

The Russians are not supporting independant Kurdistan, nor the Turks, nor the Iranians, nor the US. Only Israel and the zionist stooges do.
Israel has an interest in the Balkanization of the middle-east to facilitate its Eretz Israel project and ease further land grab in neighbouring countries :

Why does Israel support the establishment of a Kurdish state?

edit on 5-10-2017 by theultimatebelgianjoke because: filled out

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: theultimatebelgianjoke

I think its a great idea for the Kurds. why? because turkey,iran,and syria are pissing and moaning so much it has to be a good idea.

Turkey is a waste of NATO funds anyway. Both them and Iran are concerned this will lead to their own populations uprising against them. Dont they tell the US and west to stay out of their affairs? Ok grant them this demand. lets stay out of it and let them create their own state.

And as soon as Iran or turkey or syria attack them we have carte blanche to smash them into the ground with sanctions,infrastructure loss,and access to banking and world trade routes. internal problems will ensue and then Erodogen,the ayotollahs/ruling council and syria will burn from within.

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: theultimatebelgianjoke

Why does Israel support the establishment of a Kurdish state?

Possibly because the Kurds like the Jews has been screwed over by the Arabs in the ME and North Africa? In addition to which many Kurds of the Jewish faith today reside in Israel and the links between the two regions have always been good. Jews Christians Yazidis etc have been looked after by the Kurds when Arabs have persecuted them.

From a personal perspective Arabs are dodgy as .... in general. Met quite a few in various countries and they have a chip on their shoulder. Set that against the Kurds, we have loads that came here to the UK following the Iraq wars and they in general are a lovely people, you just can't help but get along with them.

It's no surprise Israel finds bonds with the Kurds.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join