It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More problems for the Middle East.. Kurds beware !

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   
The stuff in the middle east never seems to stop... It appears that the Kurds have voted 93% for and independent state which they will call Kurdistan. Needless to say Iraq, Turkey, and Syria will wage war on the Kurds to stop this from happening. Turkey has already blocked the Kurds oil shipments through Turkey... Wonder what the USA will say since the Kurds have been used a cannon fodder; there even was a thread where someone predicted the Kurds would be sold down the river once their usefulness was over.. I for one wish them luck on their independence drive but with all the forces supposedly arranged against them I hope they do not get exterminated... youtu.be...

youtu.be...

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

The Kurds are a beautiful people.

I wish the US had been more supportive of them. Odd thing I read yesterday is that the Israelis support the Kurds.

Go Kurdistan!

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   

The Kurds have been treated about as well as Native Americans. For all the UN flag waving over how humanitarian they/we are why is it certain cultures get zero support?
edit on 1-10-2017 by BlueJacket because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   
The Kurds are one of the most persecuted peoples in the world. Screw Turkey, give them the independence they deserve.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   

The referendum is very questionable in a lot of ways ...

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Without watching yet...I absolutely LOVE the "no facebook" dealio in your video.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   
This could get very messy, very quickly.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   

So another war to free people?
I thought that was a bad thing.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

So another war to free people?
I thought that was a bad thing.

what was the US 's point of initial meddling? the constant breastfeeding Turkey, arming them?
there isn't a mess in the middle east without the US' s fingertips on it.

we're backing off because of the oil pipeline that is going to be built to Europe thanks to Russia.
that's now we need to focus on the resources rich and trillions in shipping that is cargo hub of the south China seas.

it's a good thing we have a mong in the highest government office, everyone is weighing him up and successfully.
even lil Kim doesn't give 2 squirts of piss about his Twitter rants... but I i 'degrass'

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Kurds are one of the oldest nations in the region and there is zero doubt they earn independence and shall stand as free nation.

Turks are - idiots. They could see this as a road to regional peace. But no. They are still of the same nomadic intelligence as before entering the Levent, and miss the obvious uppsides.

So, USA needs again to come into help and together with Israel garantee the safety against the oppressors. Very dissappointed that Turkey will be counted as one.
edit on 1-10-2017 by deckdel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Of all the groups in the area Kurds and Israel are the only 2 worth anything.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

The Kurds are a beautiful people.

I wish the US had been more supportive of them. Odd thing I read yesterday is that the Israelis support the Kurds.

Go Kurdistan!

Why is that odd? Actually makes sense to me.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

I wouldn't say the Middle East had a peaceful history long before the United States even existed.
The United States certainly hasn't helped the situation since the 40's but they surely can't take the blame for everything.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I wish them the very best, they have been firm friends despite us screwing them repeatedly.

That said, I fully expect us to hose them once more, I wish I did not think that was going to happen but I have yet to see anything to lead me to believe we will deal with them on a fair level like we should.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   
The French and Brits kind of screwed up during Treaty of Versailles as they made many of the countries over there. They wanted to make a country for the Kurds too, but there wasn't a ruling party in the Kurds at that time to do it, so they just became a part of Iraq.

Might as well do it now though...

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: deckdel

Kurds are one of the oldest nations in the region and there is zero doubt they earn independence and shall stand as free nation.

Turks are - idiots. They could see this as a road to regional peace. But no. They are still of the same nomadic intelligence as before entering the Levent, and miss the obvious uppsides.

So, USA needs again to come into help and together with Israel garantee the safety against the oppressors. Very dissappointed that Turkey will be counted as one.

So you plan on stealing someone else's land without their permission and give it to the Kurds?

That worked well with Israel didn't it.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: deckdel

I am the self appointed Resident Kurd expert on ATS ; family & cultural ties with Kurds I got you see .
Kurds are Honorable people and they are ancient too . As for their independence issue ; I am sure that one day there will be a Kurdistan and to that end Turks already built the Barzani Regimes Kurdistan .

Actually Mosul and Kirkuk are a private property with the Deeds of the Oil fields to boot . Brits usurped the region after ww1 and in reality Kirkuk & Mosul are the private property of Ottoman Sultanate a.k.a Republic of Turkey .
Turks are anything but idiots ; Mosul and Kirkuk oil fields won't be left to mercy of Israel .

Erdogan just told Barzani that " waving the Israeli flag won't save you. "

There are millions of non Kurds in the region who are against independence of Kurdistan ; all as ancient as Kurds and then some .

Stop reading msm .

edit on 1-10-2017 by 23432 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   
This could end up causing many more deaths but it wont be the hated ISIS but the Kurds themselves

“This subject [the Kurdistan Region independence referendum] is not a threat to Iraq only. This is a threat to the whole region Iran, Turkey and Syria and the whole region not only Iraq, and these four countries, because it will open the door for partition,” Nasrallah said in his speech. Nasrallah stressed that the referendum is the first step to divide the Middle East. Nasrallah also said that the project to divide the Middle East started after the fail of ISIS project that was serving to the US and Israel. Nasrallah asked people to be aware of the fact that the only country in the world that supported the Kurdistan Region independence referendum is Israel. “We say to our beloved Kurds that the issue is not about deciding your fate, but about dividing the region according to sectarian and ethnic belonging… After the failure of the ISIS project, it’s now back to the project of dividing up the region, first from the area of Kurdish Iraq,” Nasrallah said. Nasrallah statement against the independence referendum was expected. Hezbollah is a main ally of Syria and Iran.
southfront.org...

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Of all the groups in the area Kurds and Israel are the only 2 worth anything.

Maybe Israel will open their arms to the Kurds? They could carve out a section of their occupied territory and develop it for this new nation. No?

Could this be the backup plan that is now being enacted since the regime change in Syria failed so spectacularly?

All I see is more war and strife from trying to make this happen. I have a feeling that the USA will soon find its hands completely full with the upcoming changes with the Saudis. Our puppets there may soon be out of power.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Well recognition has the backing of big players in congress.
Arizona Rep. Trent Franks submitted bill to be voted on, and Chuck Schumer is also behind it, meaning recognition has bi-partisan support in Congress. Our Sec. of State says otherwise. However, Tillerson's words on our foreign policy and our actual execution of foreign policy tends to contradict from time to time.
We are literally seeing the same exact thing as when Israel was formed. We backed them, some of our cooperative allies in the region disagreed, a war was fought as a result.

Turkey and Iraq, both somewhat frenemies of ours now thanks to Russia and Iran, seem intent on nipping this in the bud. The USA and Israel however seem to be throwing their weight behind independence. Check out the first thread I linked, more information there on the threats, the bill, and those who support.
edit on 10-1-2017 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join