It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

daughter almost cut her toe off last night. wife passed out and busted her head. crazy night

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Sorry to hear that about your kid.

It generally takes 5-7 minutes for blood to coagulate.

here's a link you can look through if you want

www.wikihow.com...
edit on 1-10-2017 by brokenghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluesma
I once stayed in the hospital room with my son for 48 hours straight with clothes completely covered in blood. I think I was in shock. When my husband finally convinced me to go home and shower (that my son would live) I fell apart and cried for hours.

Oh...

But that crying tells a story of you being emotional, not being weak. I can only try to imagine that kind of a thing. I don't have children and i don't want to have any. I like them though...

I have an ideology that the future of us all rests on the shoulders of the children today. One day, they will be adults, and they might find a way to neutralize nuclear waste, stop wars and hunger and all... I will protect all children the best i can. And i enjoy looking at them running around and playing and being goofy.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Ooooh, one of those kind of days. I've had them.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

When my husband finally convinced me to go home and shower (that my son would live) I fell apart and cried for hours.

Yeah, you don't realize how much you've been holding it all together until you finally get the chance to let go.

I did that after a time where I was nearly in an extremely serious auto wreck.

There was nowhere to go, a semi was merging into where I was (not sure he saw me and even if he did, he had to get on and I couldn't go because I was boxed in), I hit my breaks and got bumped by the car right behind me. I held it together long enough to pull off after watching the spot where i was literally collapse into truck and the van that had me pinned.

I assured the man who had bumped me that I was fine after we both determined there was no damage to either vehicle.

I drove him calmly. I called my husband and proceeded to become a sobbing wreck and cried for along time. I'd almost had a major accident on the highway going over 50. I was lucky I hadn't died.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 08:01 AM
link   
So I 'm guessing your not working the 3rd shift anymore?

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Good lord man, I'm glad both your girls are alright now.

You did good to focus on the baby and make sure she was okay first, I know that had to have been an incredibly difficult situation. Can you say Stress??? I'm sure you don't want to after a night like that!

It's interesting to me how some people react under various circumstances... when my sister flipped her car upside down in front of my house, I calmly ran out front to see what she had done (bad noise .5 seconds after her leaving, not a good sign) and saw her car crunched and upside down in my road. I run down the hill, shes on the ground, shes bleeding everywhere from the glass (she had no seat-belt on when it flipped) neighbors run out, they get the door open shes fine we pull her out, I calmly call my dad and let him know "Hey catherine's okay but your car is totaled and upside down in front of my house you may want to come here now, but no rush she's fine" Most of my neighbors were panicked but they kept commending me on how calm I was after seeing my sister in such a dangerous situation. HOWEVER another time, my 2 year old tripped in front of me while chasing his uncle, and split his head open on the chair i was sitting in. I picked him up, knew by the screaming there was going to be blood, slowly turned my head to see blood squirting out of his little forehead all over him, all over me and I immediately screamed "MOM TAKE HIM" and fainted while they put pressure on him to stop the bleeding while he screamed, and did what I should have been able to do had I not fainted before we went to the ER. Just funny how sometimes you can remain totally level headed and do what needs to be done, and other times some people faint and become ill.....

So even though you feel bad about leaving your wife there at the moment, and she may even have her own thoughts about it, I think you did the right thing. Babies come before us.

-Alee

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: openyourmind1262
So I 'm guessing your not working the 3rd shift anymore?

not for a while now.
went back to the foundry about 4 months ago

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   
You guys need a break after that mess!

I hope everyone heals up and you start strapping people into bubblewrap and in bed at 8 so you can enjoy the evening!

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Excellent job holding it together and serving your family to the best of your ability during an emergency. Shows great character.

Wish your daughter a speedy recovery and glad the misses is recouperating too.
edit on 2-10-2017 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join