It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terror Attack in Alberta Canada , Police officer and 4 pedestrians injured

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 06:33 AM
link   
The attack happened Saturday night outside a Canadian Football League game where a man drove his vehicle at a police officer controlling traffic , the man then left the vehicle and proceeded to stab the officer before leaving the scene , 2 hours later a man diving a U-Haul rental van was stopped at a police check point , when challenged he drove off and during the resulting police chase he drove at pedestrians injuring four.

Police have said the van was brought to a halt and a man arrested , an Islamic State flag was found in one of the vehicles.

A man driving a van went on to hit at least four pedestrians and was arrested two hours later after a police chase. Police said an Islamic State (IS) group flag was found in one of the vehicles. Edmonton Police Service Chief Rod Knecht said the officer and his vehicle were rammed by a white Chevrolet Malibu at about 20:15 local time (04:15 GMT) outside Alberta's Commonwealth Stadium.
The driver then got out of his vehicle and stabbed the uniformed officer several times, before fleeing on foot. The officer was taken to hospital but his injuries are not thought to be life-threatening.

Chief Knecht said information about the vehicle's registered owner was broadcast to patrol officers. Shortly before midnight, a man driving a U-Haul rental van was pulled over at a checkpoint after his name on documents was said to be "very similar" to the one police were searching for. "The U-Haul truck then immediately fled the scene, and was pursued by police officers toward downtown Edmonton," the police chief said. He said the truck "deliberately attempted to hit pedestrians" during the police chase.
www.bbc.co.uk...

Police think it was likely a lone wolf attack but are not ruling out the existence of a wider terror cell.
edit on 1-10-2017 by gortex because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 06:41 AM
link   
I was sure in Canada, with there open door love for Muslims that this could never happen? We have Canadian members here telling us how great the new citizens are. Fanatics only understand death, the cure for these radicals is easy, death! Enough with this religion of peace BS! Oh I forgot, nothing will change, just see the USA and Europe for examples.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Sad.

I am sorry Canadians.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 07:27 AM
link   
The number of attacks is directly proportionate to the number in a nation. It ain't rocket science.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: CulturalResilience
The number of attacks is directly proportionate to the number in a nation. It ain't rocket science.

whats the number of attack in S. E. china or Malaysia or Indonesia or Norway or Romania, North India, Seychelles, ivory coast Niger,

i think its rocket science to you, the explanation idealism, whom are susceptible or why.. just like all other forms of terrorism, or the idea of never letting a disaster go by without pushing an agenda; its the bread and butter for terrorist leaders and the 'online provocateur'

i hope that perp gets maximum everything. I hope they can get information out if him, even if he's just some copy cat brainwashed mentalist acting alone

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I am not sure its the religions fault anymore then the Uhaul van's fault . People can be radicalized using a ideology .Even ISIS over in Syria can exercise control it would seem , " Breaking: Captured ISIS Fighters Admit Cooperation Between ISIS and the U.S. " www.globalresearch.ca...

Which kind of makes sense after this story from last week . " Russia Releases Photos Showing U.S. Special Forces, SDF, Working in ISIS Territory with No Fear of Attack" www.globalresearch.ca...

I hope every one recovers and the police are able to collect more info on the nutbars background .

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I wonder when the perp got to Canada? Will suck if he were part of the "expedited process" in 2016? I have a feeling Canada will see more of these.

You know how settlers prevented "Lone wolf attacks"?. They shot every wolf till there were none left to attack their flocks and settlers. They most assuredly didn't keep importing wolves into their area.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

whats the number of attack in S. E. china or Malaysia or Indonesia or Norway or Romania, North India, Seychelles, ivory coast Niger,

China - high proportionate ratio - Chinese government is requiring Muslims in China to hand over their Qurans
Malaysia and Indonesia do not count. They are Muslim countries for the most part
Norway - growing immigrant popultion - crimes reported
Romania - See Norway above
North India- plagued by issues over the years
Seychelles - cant say much about. But Myanmar seems to be having an awful lot of problems
Ivory Coast and Nigeria - are you freaking kidding me ?

Folks sayin sh** just because they can
Get in contact with the outside world for once.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 08:33 AM
link   
An incident is being reported in France from Marseille's St Charles train station , an attacker with a knife has killed two people.

France's national police tweeted that the situation at the station had been resolved, and the perpetrator "neutralised and shot down".
Train traffic has been stopped, it said. Police had earlier asked people to avoid the area. An unnamed official told France's Le Monde newspaper that the assailant had cried "Allahu akbar".
www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: WUNK22

Hmm so you act as though there are a lot of terrorist attacks in Canada.

From what I can see, this is the first in a year....

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: pavil

Will suck even more if he's born there, huh?

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

Will suck even more if he's born there, huh?
. Probably. How in Canada, could a native citizen become radicalized to that point? We will see who is correct. Either way Islam is the common thread.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

originally posted by: CulturalResilience

i think its rocket science to you, the explanation idealism, whom are susceptible or why.. just like all other forms of terrorism, or the idea of never letting a disaster go by without pushing an agenda; its the bread and butter for terrorist leaders and the 'online provocateur'

i hope that perp gets maximum everything. I hope they can get information out if him, even if he's just some copy cat brainwashed mentalist acting alone

And pink fluffy unicorns dance on rainbows.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 08:50 AM
link   
ISIS flag found in his car

www.thesun.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   

How in Canada, could a native citizen become radicalized to that point?

Same way as a native UK resident , it can happen anywhere.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Sad, sad thing this. My thoughts and prayers with our northerly neighbors. Stay safe!

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Muslims have been in Edmonton a very long time. There is a huge Lebonese population there. My family there is Druze which is a type of Islam. They have been a big part of that community and and have been for a long time.

I hope the MSM hysteria does not start with the division and fear they always aim to create as it will surely change a landscape in Edmonton. Everyone in "dirt city" was fine with Muslims and we don't need pretty people on the television telling them otherwise.

I still remember the first morning where "ISIS - WORSE THAN AL QAEDA - SUPER TERRORSTS" started making headlines. It was a few months after Russia promised to disarm Syria and Putin was Time magazine man of the Year. I remember thinking to myself that there is no way the chicken hawks are going to get away with this. It's plain as day that these guys are actors with their fancy new Toyotas and HD videos"

Here we are like 4 years later and the hits just keep coming.

It took a few months for the ATS old guard to shut everyone up about these guys being fake and tire everyone out but looks like ISIS is now as American as apple pie. Guess we just won't talk about that...

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

"prayers" some moron who also prays just ran over some people 5 blocks from me, keep your distasteful prayers in your head with the other voices.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Now that the police are being targeted I wonder if it will change their attitude about chauffeuring illegals into the country?

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I noticed as well reading on article on this how there is a double standard for public safety when a police officer is attacked.

"That high-speed chase should have never, ever in a million years have happened downtown," said Brian McNeill, who was in a parking lot with a group of friends when the vehicles sped past.

One witness said police cars began to block streets that connect to Jasper Avenue. The U-Haul eventually doubled back and drove the opposite way down Jasper Avenue. Near 107th Street the van struck at least two pedestrians.

"Throughout the chase, the U-Haul truck deliberately attempted to hit pedestrians in crosswalks and alleys in two areas along Jasper Avenue," Knecht said. 

Normally police do not give chase when there is too much public at risk. Jasper ave is the busiest street in Edmonton even in evening hours.

If it was a normal pursuit with a crime that did not involve an officer being attacked. Any chase likely would have been called off die to public safety. But an officer was attacked. So what this boils down to is if a civilian is attacked they will not jeprodize more civilians to make the arrest. But if an officer gets attacked, any civilian that gets between police and the arrest will pay the price of someone attacking a police officer.

They chased this van up and down jasper ave? The witness was right. Not in a million years did anyone think they would see that. I guess now they know that if a police officer gets hurt, police will risk public safety to get revenge.

edit on pSun, 01 Oct 2017 11:17:33 -05002017 133Sun, 01 Oct 2017 11:17:33 -0500amAmerica/ChicagoSunday by MALBOSIA because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join