It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Accused of Racism For Mentioning the 'I' word

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

Why does it matter?

Last I checked, immigrants come in all shapes, sizes and colors. If I am looking at a bunch of white immigrants as a white person, am I still racist for remarking on their number?

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

They got it wrong on every level , as there are predominantly Europeans , no ridiculous skin issues , and the tone was of surprise , or again surprised by the increasing percent, being fair . An observation only , like easily 60% plus , in the town centre .
Where I got it wrong perhaps , is I dont go there much, so to anyone else that does its an irrelevant observation. They're used to it already , I'm not . The change seems to be heaviest in the last 2 years and its a sea change , that I mistakenly thought worthy of comment . The less I say the better from now on obviously . I actually do think I going to give up political comment entirely , otherwise I'll have a heart attack or something , I had palpitations

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: GeneralMayhem

And there's your proof of the brainwashing element. They reacted in a knee jerk to your comment without thinking through the situation or asking you what you meant by it.

If the dominant number of immigrants were European whites and you were surprised, not disgusted, then they reacted out of knee jerk reaction, not a true measured response to you. Brainwashing and the intent is to shut you down and keep you from talking about immigrants at all because next time, you might raise objections to something else.

Look at the situation in many places in Europe where the leadership has succeeded in overloading the country with a flood of new immigrants and created a myriad of problems. They intend for you to not even be able to voice your issues with situation even though very real problems are created by doing what they've done and would be problems almost no matter the group brought in with numbers like that.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Good points, thanks for the support .If it is brainwashing its working too . If the plan is to shut people up then that is happening as intended . There may be explanation for the increased numbers due to brexit , is all I can add . That and I always welcome diversity

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 07:50 AM
link   

How wonderful would it be, just for the sake of experiencing their total lost of mental health, to just respond to that sort of BS, by blatantly saying ”yes I am a racist, so what? I carry with proud for being white and arian, a decendant from supreme viking gods, and I am sorry for your feable mind that you do not understand the true beauty of it” ... and then just enjoy the show...
edit on 1-10-2017 by deckdel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: GeneralMayhem

Good points, thanks for the support .If it is brainwashing its working too . If the plan is to shut people up then that is happening as intended . There may be explanation for the increased numbers due to brexit , is all I can add . That and I always welcome diversity

I think you''ll find most people aren't opposed to immigrants so long as they're legally there and the numbers of new immigrants are kept to a reasonable level.

The traditional view of immigrants is that they are to come and join your society and largely become a part of it over time and not that your society is to be suborned to their culture or cultures because so many of them are brought in or flood in that the native society becomes the minority and is overwhelmed.

That is essentially what ended up happening to the Native American cultures. They were flooded out and suborned and destroyed. We can argue all day long about whether that was right or wrong or how brutally done it was, but the long and short of it is that they could not keep their peoples from being overwhelmed by newcomers one way or the other.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Stop hanging around with politically correct bawbag fools sounds about right.

Say whatever you wish buddy as long as you are not making derogatory comments at people but just about people then your opinion is your own, especially if it was based on observation.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: deckdel

How wonderful would it be, just for the sake of experiencing their total lost of mental health, to just respond to that sort of BS, by blatantly saying ”yes I am a racist, so what? I carry with proud for being white and arian, a decendant from supreme viking gods, and I am sorry for your feable mind that you do not understand the true beauty of it” ... and then just enjoy the show...

I'd dread to think in the terms of a nihilist

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I am all against racism of any kind.

But it just gets stupid when you cannot talk sensibly about immigration with out being labelled as racism.

Its a massive problem right now I think for those of us on the left, extreme elements who just want to name call and label anyone they disagree without really thinking through the repercussions of it. When you call anyone who wants to talk about immigration "racist" then eventually that leaves those concerned about immigration one realistic political option. The Right.

I think this is why we on the left have lost ground to the right because for too long the left have just been name calling without thinking it through.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

So true , thankyou as well . That's the kind of thing I would have said if they'd have listened , but I was not able to diffuse their triggeredness at the time . Its helped a lot putting it to people who have thought about these things through to proper conclusions .
You just can't start and end issues like this with accusations , but they do sometimes
edit on 1-10-2017 by GeneralMayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Welcome to 2017.

The best thing to do is to walk away. These "people" are delusional and, IMO, completely insane.

"Racist" once meant someone who judged others negatively based only on their race or place of origin. It was a problem at one time; I am old enough to remember it. But so many have grown beyond that definition of racism that those who made a living off fighting it had to broaden the definition. Now, "racist" means "you said something I don't agree with and I'm not smart enough to debate you about it."

My philosophy is simple when it comes to this issue. I tend to place people into one of two categories. Those who show some kind of intelligent thought I classify as people. Those who don't, I classify as human animals... incapable of independent thought, incapable of forethought, incapable of comprehending anything that might challenge their beliefs. I see these second group all the time: the fool who speeds like a maniac until he is 100 feet from a red light that has been red for 30 seconds, then slams on the brake, is a human animal. There is no forethought. There is only that which appears in his field of view. In a store, the guy who stumbles in with the blank stare in his eyes, grabs whatever he sees and wants as he browses the aisles, then who pays without caring what the price is, is showing no independent thought. He is a human animal. Even in my own family, certain members have found it incapable to think outside a narrow box which contains all their beliefs and feelings, and have shown themselves incapable of civil discourse outside their box. They, too, are human animals.

I do not consider human animals people... instead I look upon them as a protected species of creature, much like the various endangered species of pests that exist world-wide. They are not really human and serve no useful purpose, especially in the umbers they exist in today, but society has deemed they cannot be put out of their misery. They're just not worth the fight that would surely ensue should I engage them in the slightest conversation, so I avoid them. I do not talk to them, I do not make eye contact with them (save as an animalistic warning sign should they try to engage me), and I do not try to be around them. That even applies to those members of my own family that I mentioned.

The biggest indicator I have noticed for these human animals is they tend to use code words apparently pre-programmed into them via continual exposure to propaganda - "racist," "sexist," "homophobe," "xenophobe," and the like. Recently a few have begun using the word "deplorable" as well. If you ever hear these words come out of what appears to be a person, beware! It is probably a human animal. Avoid it... walk away, run away if possible, but never ever show fear. Do not try to talk to it; apologies are taken as a sign of weakness and it will probably attack. I suggest not even making eye contact if possible.

You ran headfirst into a group of human animals. It's an easy mistake to make; they look just like people, and might sometimes sound just like people. But remember, when they out their lack of intelligence, that these are not people, and do not deserve your companionship. You tried to apologize, thus showing what they took as fear, and like any pack animal, they began to attack. Thankfully, you got away before they became overly physical.

Consider it a lesson learned, and next time be a little more careful who you consort with.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: GeneralMayhem

It is mind control, the best there is. I call it Hyper-Tribalism, which I argue is the most radicalizing force possible in human nature. And these cases like yours today is what happens when ideological fountainheads 'megalomaniaconglomerate' their subjects core mass group identities as ONE into their tribal identity. Consider how crazy people can go over just religion, or just race, which is literally to the point of blind loyalty dripping with genocide, and now imagine what happens when power freaks start blending the deepest and darkest of them that play on our primal tribalist urges into ONE super-identity. Well that's what happened in Nazi Germany, and you dont have imagine as this thread is proof of my concept. In the subjects of this level of mind control their ability to distinguish between the tribalist senses are blurred. In their mind se homophobia is 'racism'. Technically speaking IT IS, that is they're all just heavy limbs on the tribalist tree wired into our entire nervous system. The real kicker the key to unraveling Hyper-Tribalist mind control is exposing the roots, that it is all just tribalism, that we have it wired into all of us just the same, and only if we stop obsessing over this fact we might not take it so seriously and maybe unit to take down the true "patriarchy" (the bosses of their socio-psychological handlers).

edit on 1-10-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Misterlondon

Isn't the word "foriegner" racist as well? We use the code word "Canadians" to denote "Foriegner".

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Stands to politically correct rhyme and reasoning but context is the ticket and most politically correct muppets and buffoons could not discern such if their life depended on it.

Is all one and the same to them really and the fact is that life is just so much more complicated than the stupid ideologies these people profess to follow.

edit on 1-10-2017 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

The irony, at least in the US is that its the Leftists who are doing all this labelling and PC language patrol. In the US you wouldn't qualify as a Leftist, you would be seen as a Centerist or perhaps....."fence sitter", which to the Leftists is even worse than being a white supremecist.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   

All I did was mention that there seemed to be a disproportionately large contingent of foreign innocents in the central part of town on an infrequent visit I made to town yesterday .

One question, if I may, before I can understand and address the specifics of the situation: How did you know these folks were "foreign innocents"?

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

That's crazy though. How can not wishing to get involved with or participate in racist hate-speak be worse than being a supremacist???

Fact of the matter is that equates to hating people for not wanting to join in on what amounts to madness.

Seems you are darned if you do and damned if you don't, what a predicament!

edit on 1-10-2017 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Attention Ats. Cotton... That is all.

Its sad how everything is now racist. Hang in there GM.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

edit on 1-10-2017 by GeneralMayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

That's crazy though. How can not wishing to get involved with or participate in racist hate-speak be worse than being a supremacist???

You somewhat missed the point. Its considered racist to, when confronted with racisim, "opt-out" and say nothing. You are expected to loudly, verbally and vociferously denounce the hate speech and the racist who uttered the words. I never do and when called out as aiding by ascent through silence the racist who uttered the words, I simply respond that I don't care.

That of course just confirms my racism, but I don't care because being a cis-gendered white guy, my racism was implied from the start and any attempt to deny my racism is simply construed as further proof of the premise that I am a racist, which at that point means absolutely nothing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join