It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calling on Left Moderates, Please Help!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
a reply to: UKTruth

Who is the white race great compared to??

They are superior to everyone else , obviously. If they are the only 2 and they are equal. Neither would be great...

Fine can mean a dozen things, but average is one of those things..

Great specifically means "far above average.. "

So what race is the great white race , great compared to???

It is s relativistic term..

All races have had greatness at one time or another.
For something or someone to be great does not require everyone else to be inferior.

The OP, by his words, is not comparing races.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: UKTruth
a reply to: Gryphon66

OK, I'll pick 'fine'

So if I say that JFK was a fine white American.
Does that mean I am saying he was superior to Martin Luther King?

Stop substituting words on a forum to fit your failed arguments. Better still, quit with the stupid arguments in the first place.

LOL ... not your words silly ... the OP's ... you know, the topic of what we're talking about?

Here ... I'll give you a few examples to get you started ...

Glorious White Race

Noble White Race

Superlative, Eminent, Exalted, Lofty, Illustrious White Race.

All meanings of the word GREAT set the White Race above any other, i.e superior.

Thus, making the OPs claim ... by definition ... racist.

Here endeth the lesson.

I like how you have to add on words I didn't use to make your point.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   

And now ladies and gentlemen, "UK" parrots Gryph's argument.

LOL. This has gone beyond boring and tedious into absurd and time-wasting.

Taa taa for now, crumpet.

..and still no answer.
Must be cold in that corner you backed yourself into.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

Yeah, I must say it's a new development even for him, but desperation leads some to extreme measures.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Your "Great WHITE race"?

Well...being Caucasian myself...."whites" may have started the American Nation...but by killing, stealing and relocating and nearly wiping out the Native Americans. The "red" man.

The Native "Americans" has thousands and thousands of vested years on this continent North and South....until the whites came...whether Viking, Phoenicians, Spanish or English.

The "white" American...you and me? We got barely 600+ years here....Be proud of your race but respect and learn toleration for all others.

Peace....Have a great day

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Haha

My question is, why did he spend so long discussing this with her? The second her hand went toward my body, her crime becomes assault and I would react accordingly. You should never allow anyone to assault or batter you. If you aren't comfortable with deadly weapons (this wasn't a deadly threat, admittedly), there are plenty of LTL options out there: OC spray, Taser (several models - including for civvies) and impact tools such as an ASP.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   

You can't define what you mean when you say "White" you're defending the absurd argument in the OP that whatever "Whites" are that they created and should have sole credit for the modern United States.

Make an actual argument based on some facts or turn your the focus of your specious nonsense elsewhere.

I'm not sure what white or black means anymore as they seem outdated concepts.

White: A person having origins in any of the original peoples of Europe, the Middle East, or North Africa.

Kind of a wide range of people...add in that Latinos are considered white too, unless they want to break them out into a sub-category of whitie.. lol

The lady in the video was complaining about whites and she is in that category too...

Then we have common cases like Obama and Kaepernick that had white mothers and black fathers, but grew up totally with "whites" so what are they ethnic wise or even race wise? Each day I guess they can self identify as to what works best...

The purity of either white or black in America is some extremely small percentages...

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

You can't define what you mean when you say "White" you're defending the absurd argument in the OP that whatever "Whites" are that they created and should have sole credit for the modern United States.

Make an actual argument based on some facts or turn your the focus of your specious nonsense elsewhere.

I'm not sure what white or black means anymore as they seem outdated concepts.

White: A person having origins in any of the original peoples of Europe, the Middle East, or North Africa.

Kind of a wide range of people...add in that Latinos are considered white too, unless they want to break them out into a sub-category of whitie.. lol

The lady in the video was complaining about whites and she is in that category too...

Then we have common cases like Obama and Kaepernick that had white mothers and black fathers, but grew up totally with "whites" so what are they ethnic wise or even race wise? Each day I guess they can self identify as to what works best...

The purity of either white or black in America is some extremely small percentages...

In the case of this lady it was pretty clear he was white and that's all she needed to see (skin tone) in order to put "genocide" on his conscious.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

oh puhleeez....

no more blue eyes? are you that horribly ignorant of how genetics works?

i guess you wouldnt believe that two black parents could have a white baby......

hahahaha......deny what again?

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

impact tools such as an ASP

I don't remember what an ASP is, but my favorite impact tool of choice are muh fists.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   

You came asking ATS for leftist moderates and received mostly left extremists. We're all doomed.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   
So I am going to wade right back into this thread with a response for everyone.

I really do think that a lot of the time on ATS when it comes to threads like this everyone needs to learn to respect others views. There seems to be this senseless desire to be proven right and a lot of getting one up over the other guy going on and its really quite silly to someone looking in. Some like me view the OP as racist and I have set out my reasons as have others, there are others who don't really have a problem with it. Both are really equally valid views.

I wrote a few posts on this thread earlier this afternoon and was not really planning on writing anymore on it but I think its turning into yet another tit-for-tat left vs right argument. Its almost like watching two groups of bullies trying to out bully each other in a school yard. Lets face it what you all want is to be better than the other guy, have your views validated and leave the oppositions in tatters. The truth is that you will never do that, no matter how good your argument is so a better and frankly more mature approach in my view is to just respect and acknowledge a differing opinion.

There is nothing wrong with admitting that you can respectfully disagree because of reason x, y and z then leave it at that.

This is politics that is being debated after all, it comes down to personal values and beliefs, facts take a backseat. All of this discussion is not about who is right, its more of a competition for who can belittle another views the most.

Its all pretty sad if you ask me.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

All I needed to see was the OP is trying to protect the "great white race" something that doesn't even exist...

You are the only one using the term "Great White Race". I wonder why that is?

You can hate the white race all you want, it is a free country, and your in luck. Society seems to agree with you.

What one random uneducated person ramble s on about doesn't mean jack ANYTHING about "the left", black people or whatever other group people are trying to demogoge..

You sound just like that girl from the video.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: frenchfries

That is super convient to ask African Americans to forget about such things after LITERALLY centuries of no black person recievibf ANY benefit from their fore fathers labor..

Before the last generation or 2! LITERALLY only .00001% of African Americans inherited a buisness, inheritance or land...

All while what percent of Europeans get an inheritance?? Slavery was only 150 years ago. I'm sure you could even trace a lot of old American money back to slave labor.. through a direct line of parent to child..

Do people over side racism???

ABSOLUTELY..

Should people just move on and forget it ever happened??

Well that sure is convenient.

edit on 1-10-2017 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I agree, but this tread is pure clickbait Russian propaganda, imo. 100% meant to divide.

to make matters worse we've got a president trolling his supports via twitter. making them look bad, he don't care.

I have to call it out when I see it.

great white race? who thinks of that crap? someone on a mission to divide, seems obvious.

we need to wake up.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: 3daysgone

A) you should reread (maybe actually read..) the OP..

Line 2 or 3.. you won't have to look far. It was a direct quote..

B) what logical fallacy is it when you pretend the actions of one random individual can be applied to a large group of people??

It's a Latin word so I forget...

One they teach in every debate class in every school....

Every Christian is not responsible for what one idiot from The westboro baptist church says.

Every conservative is not responsible for what one idiot who claims to be a republican says..

And all liberals are not responsible for what one idiot says...

That should not be news to people..

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Who is the white race great compared to then???

When someone says "he is a fine white man" hypothetically he is being compared to other white men???

It is a comparative term...

And the "white race" is an invention of like 200 years ago by a Belgian noble . Before and after you were referred to by your nationality.

You were Irish , French or German.. or what have you...

So there is barely a "white history " at all.. there is western history..

The entire concept is based on BS.. propagated by people trying to justify why enslaving Europeans was wrong, but Africans were still ok.

So

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: tribal

But they have less and less until it is gone..

I read an article on that specifically. 100 years ago 20% of the population had blue eyes, now it is down to 10%.. (maybe it was 10% and now it is 5% . I forget)

But reguardless blue eyes are excessive to every other color. So yes in a century or 2 blue eyes will be so rare they will be one in thousands. Then one day just stop occurring at all.

genetics.thetech.org...

I totally blew the numbers..

It used to be 50% of the US population, now it is 15%.

edit on 1-10-2017 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

What ??

I'm don't get what you mean?

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Yes more than one race can be great, but not all can or there would be no great, average or lesser..

"That is a great cake" only makes since if there are average cakes and bad cakes to compare it too..

If all cakes are the same , then you can't really use a word that compares the 2..

There are only great dogs, if there are dogs that are worse than it.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join