It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calling on Left Moderates, Please Help!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Viewed as a description of culture, no, I have no problem with the race concept.

The terminology of "White race" developed in the late 17th century as a legal identifier denoting a category of privilege, legal status and superiority. Cite

Obviously, that is what OP is referring to, and to that, I take exception.

The American colonies were successful because of joint action over several centuries by the British, Africans, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Portuguese and Native Peoples to name a few rational categories.

"White" presented as Founders and therefore "owners" is racist clap-trap.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Who knew that the African slaves who did most of the real work from the mid-1600s onward were White?

Define real work.

Why, is it a foreign concept to you?

Actual physical effort applied, particularly in this context, in agriculture and construction.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 08:33 AM
link   

a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Viewed as a description of culture, no, I have no problem with the race concept.

The terminology of "White race" developed in the late 17th century as a legal identifier denoting a category of privilege, legal status and superiority. Cite

Obviously, that is what OP is referring to, and to that, I take exception.

The American colonies were successful because of joint action over several centuries by the British, Africans, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Portuguese and Native Peoples to name a few rational categories.

"White" presented as Founders and therefore "owners" is racist clap-trap.

Lol, that's hilarious.
Pointing out that the founders were white is racist???? Brilliant.
The term "white race" is racist??? Haha.

You've got some serious issues.
You've introduced terms like "owners" and "superiority", no one else. Stop with the race baiting horse manure.
edit on 1/10/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

I could as easily say these men accomplished what they did because they were British colonists. One could therefore suggest that everyone from the UK is in some way superior to other people, or that they were successful because they were male, or Christian, or middle-aged. Arbitrary characteristics that tell us nothing.

Further you've denoted a group by characteristic ... you haven't defined the qualities of the characteristic "White."

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

White well caucasian me guess..
I'm Slavic and German , living in europe. (btw my race were the first slaves )

Beh race wars.... indeed BS!!!

Been in Rwanda as a white person saw huttu's killing tutsi's they all bleed red and all were black. It's the elite that is dividing the population. don't fall for it the media giving the American people 'hate' and fear nothing more.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Stop with your usual fallacious arguments and trying to insert your words as other's arguments.

Can you deny the origin of the phrase "White race"?

Bet you can't.

Can you define what you mean when you say "White race"?

Bet you can't do that either.

Let me know if you can manage something other than your normal pathetic BS arguments.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 08:37 AM
link   

I could as easily say these men accomplished what they did because they were British colonists. One could therefore suggest that everyone from the UK is in some way superior to other people, or that they were successful because they were male, or Christian, or middle-aged. Arbitrary characteristics that tell us nothing.

Further you've denoted a group by characteristic ... you haven't defined the qualities of the characteristic "White."

You could, but then no one has made a claim of superiority to other people or races. You introduced that.
No one is talking about the qualities or characteristics of being white either.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: frenchfries

Been in Rwanda as a white person saw huttu's killing tutsi's they all bleed red and all were black. It's the elite that is dividing the population. don't fall for it the media giving the American people 'hate' and fear nothing more.

Caucasian is a result of late 17th century scientific racism. Chicken-egg problem. LOL.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Dude I am with you on this but even I think your going a little off track.

saying "white race" is not racist, its just common vernacular for describing a person who appears to be Caucasian, regardless of its origins, language evolves over time.

talking about "white race" is no more racist than talking about "black race" or another racial group.

Its only the context in which the term is used that makes it racist ie. "the great white race that built this nation"..... that could be seen as racist.
edit on 1-10-2017 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 08:40 AM
link   

You can't define what you mean when you say "White" you're defending the absurd argument in the OP that whatever "Whites" are that they created and should have sole credit for the modern United States.

Make an actual argument based on some facts or turn your the focus of your specious nonsense elsewhere.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Who knew that the African slaves who did most of the real work from the mid-1600s onward were White?

Define real work.

Actual physical effort applied, particularly in this context, in agriculture and construction.

You mean like with a hammer or something?

I wonder how many cotton balls it took to make a stars and bars.

The architects didn't do any real work? Good thing the slaves were there or them buildings would have been upside down or worse!

Did the slaves make the parchment for the Declaration of Independence and the COTUS?

That's the real work, the white guys just scribbled on it with a quill plucked from a goose, dipped in ink a squid made.

Buncha lazy bastards, I'm just realizing it now, as I type it out on something I didn't have a hand in making.

Carry on then.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: frenchfries

Caucasian is a result of late 17th century scientific racism. Chicken-egg problem. LOL.

Your argument seems to be that mentioning white in relation to people is racist.
Like I said, you have issues.

You still have not pointed out where anyone was talking about superiority like you claimed they were...

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

I'm starting to become worried from all of the attacks on my race, the great white race, here in America.

Oh no! The great white race is under attack??? Oh dear. Whatever will we all do???

But... wait... perhaps we should define terms... which great white race? How white does one have to be exactly? And at what time of the year? I'm a little tanned right now, what with it being the end of summer and all... but I'm so darn white in springtime that my bare legs could blind you... Funny how that works, eh? White folks turning brown in the sunshine. So am I white enough in spring to qualify for this great white race, but too tanned in fall? Or should I just bundle up like an Eskimo in summer to make sure I keep that oh-so-lily-white complexion year round?

But... wait... are we talking about that great white Aryan race? Cause I have brown hair and brown eyes, so that would disqualify me immediately. I'm pretty sure it's my Welsh blood that gives me the darker hair and eyes, but that probably doesn't matter... so I guess I'm not really so white after all? And I guess white skin isn't the only criteria for qualification into this great white race?

And of course that would mean that my Mestizo hubby and kids wouldn't qualify at all for this great white race... are they going to attack me too? Not their white side of course... but their other side??? I never like thought about what that brown skin might lead them to do to me... Should I be sleeping with one eye open every night? But wait! Am I white or not???

Oh dear. I'm so very confused now
/

Who am I? What am I? Whatever shall I do???

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 08:44 AM
link   

You can't define what you mean when you say "White" you're defending the absurd argument in the OP that whatever "Whites" are that they created and should have sole credit for the modern United States.

Make an actual argument based on some facts or turn your the focus of your specious nonsense elsewhere.

I already did define my context, which was correct.
Thanks.

You can go back to your race baiting now.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Dude I am with you on this but even think your going a little off track.

saying "white race" is not racist, its just common vernacular for describing a person who appears to be Caucasian, regardless of its origins, language evolves over time.

talking about "white race" is no more racist than talking about "black race" or another racial group.

Its only the context in which the term is used that makes it racist ie. "the great white race that built this nation"..... that could be seen as racist.

Off track? How so?

Think about what you're saying ... the words you're using.

"Common vernacular" ... "Caucasian" etc. Where do you think those words came from? Do you think that is irrelevant to what the words mean NOW? I can't agree.

I haven't said that using the phrase "White race" is racist, did I?

My argument is that the term itself, while descriptive of no scientific biological reality, incorporates racial superiority, and that thereby, the OP's request for help against "racists" is doubly absurd.

All respect.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 08:46 AM
link   
The Great White North.

The Great White Shark.

And then?

2 attacks. Canada and France.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Thanks.

You didn't define anything. You gave a long irrelevant quote describing the Founders. You've not touched on what "White" means because you realize that your argument would be lost thereby.

Thanks though, I can now go back to merely ignoring these garbage posts of yours, as you're not only wrong but also dishonest.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

As usual Bo, spot on.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Define real work.

You mean like with a hammer or something?

I wonder how many cotton balls it took to make a stars and bars.

The architects didn't do any real work? Good thing the slaves were there or them buildings would have been upside down or worse!

Did the slaves make the parchment for the Declaration of Independence and the COTUS?

That's the real work, the white guys just scribbled on it with a quill plucked from a goose, dipped in ink a squid made.

Buncha lazy bastards, I'm just realizing it now, as I type it out on something I didn't have a hand in making.

Carry on then.

A lot of words in your post, very little meaning.

Your question was asked and answered. Best.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Thanks.

You didn't define anything. You gave a long irrelevant quote describing the Founders. You've not touched on what "White" means because you realize that your argument would be lost thereby.

Thanks though, I can now go back to merely ignoring these garbage posts of yours, as you're not only wrong but also dishonest.

I gave you clarity on the context in which I correctly said that generally the white race did conceive of and build America.
It's you who seems to want to push some absurd notion that using the term "white race" is referencing slavery and superiority.

Still waiting for the link to the part in the OP referring to superiority. Sounds like you did just lie to race bait after all.

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join