It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calling on Left Moderates, Please Help!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

To them its probably not actually seen as racist or sexist although to me, living in a tolerant society and holding liberal beliefs it is probably one of the most repressive societies on earth from my view point. I think we can agree that the legal system in the UK and our society in general would also describe it as such.

Nice moral relativism there. It doesn't matter if *they* don't see it that way because *you* ought to see it that way. If you see it that way, they they are racist. End of story. Moral relativism is a cop out that let's you try to excuse other groups or cultures because you secretly feel it would be racist of you to condemn them or something. Yes, racism is racism, even when they do it.

If you allow that they can be racist because they don't see it that way, then you are implicitly allowing that sometimes, racism if acceptable for you. It just depends on the circumstances. Moral relativism rots your morals by making sure you have none.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I never said I condoned it.

I think all racism regardless of where it might be is wrong and should be stamped out. I was answering a question posted by another member.

Nice of you to chip in though.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 07:47 AM
link   

I hate racism, but I hate false accusations of racism just as much.
Lately - a few years - the accusations are so out of control that they hide real racism far more effectively than covert actions based on racist beliefs. It's become like a hypochondriac telling the world they are going to die every day.

Racism to me is a moral issue, not a legal one or even one defined by popular opinion. It IS racist to say or hold beliefs that place oneself above another based on skin colour, but I have less problems with that form of racism unless that same person acts on their beliefs.
edit on 1/10/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 07:48 AM
link   
One side of this argument can be summed up as follows.

"Calling other people racists is racist."

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 07:48 AM
link   

They don't think it's racism?

It doesn't matter what they think of it does it?

Circling back around. Does it matter to you what the OP thinks of his or her argument. I see you've already labeled them a racist.

edit on 1-10-2017 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Hmmm ... common definition of racism ... "the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races." Cite

OP talks bout the "White race" as superior.

Others point this out and are called racists.

Hmmmm.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

The OP did not mention the white race being superior.
You've lied in order to race bait.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 07:59 AM
link   
White race Cornered that's a joke? rise above that!

It's a bad joke 'all this race wars'. It's media propaganda acted out by stupid leftists.

Turn of the television. There are no race wars !

People get along fine without all of these induced Agenda's

It's the elite manipulating the people , divide and conquer don't give in to it WE ARE ALL THE HUMAN RACE !

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

originally posted by: Tempter
We are the founders and builders of this great nation and we are under attack daily from extremely racist American Insurgents.

LOL. Whatever "UK."

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: frenchfries

I asked for a definition of what "White" means earlier ... still don't have it.

I mean, how can we help if the proponents of this fallacious BS can't even define their terms.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: Tempter
We are the founders and builders of this great nation and we are under attack daily from extremely racist American Insurgents.

LOL. Whatever "UK."

...and where does racial superiority come into that?

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Define White. Can you?

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 08:13 AM
link   

In what context?

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Hi.

I'm a moderate Left leaning Independent.

I belong to one race, the sometimes great, sometimes unbelievably stupid and cruel, but always amazing in it's potential HUMAN race.

There is only ONE.

You are speaking of cultural roots and applying skin tone to them, nothing more. (I'm roughly the color of beach sand, personally, and my cultural roots are around 90% UK/Irish).

Not buying what you're selling.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

In what context?

The context you're using here, particularly in defense of the OP.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 08:17 AM
link   
is it just me or does anyone else think that stuff like race just should be a non-issue.

Almost as if we should be almost colour blind to skin pigmentation (not culture, but race).

Just seems stupid to me that we still have debates about stuff like this, black, white, a funny shade of green, it should not matter. Just like it should not matter if you are man, women, something in-between, gay, strait, bi or whatever.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 08:24 AM
link   
great white race??

i'm dying here.

terrified of someone on utube. snowflakery at it's finest.

never heard about this white oppression until ats.

Russian propaganda worked... I see that clearly now. pretty sure the op is part of it because this is the most asinine op I've read in awhile.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

In what context?

The context you're using here, particularly in defense of the OP.

Sure, the context I am using - is in direct reference to the founding fathers who were the architects of everything America became. Without them America would not have existed as it does.

They include the 56 Signers of the Declaration of Independence, the 14 presidents of the Continental Congress from 1774-1789, five dozen or so generals and officers of the navy that physically secured freedom for the new states, the early governors of the states, the 55 members of the Constitutional Convention who created the United States Constitution and the figures who were leading voices in the state Constitutional Convention debates to ratify the new Constitution.

This group also includes the 91 members of the First Congress who passed the Bill of Rights, the members of George Washington's and John Adams' cabinets, who were tasked with turning the ideas of the Constitution and Bill of Rights into a real living and tangible reality, the earliest members of the Supreme Court, a few others who do not fit conveniently into any of these categories, such as Paul Revere, Ethan Allen and Noah Webster and various women who are considered to be "Founding Mothers" because of heroic acts performed during the war or for other contributions.

Without the contributions of any of these groups of people, the United States likely would not have become what it is and may not have survived at all.

Generally, they were white men.

Now, point out where the OP was claiming racial superiority as you charged him with...

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Who knew that the African slaves who did most of the real work from the mid-1600s onward were White?

Define real work.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
is it just me or does anyone else think that stuff like race just should be a non-issue.

Almost as if we should be almost colour blind to skin pigmentation (not culture, but race).

Just seems stupid to me that we still have debates about stuff like this, black, white, a funny shade of green, it should not matter. Just like it should not matter if you are man, women, something in-between, gay, strait, bi or whatever.

In Utopia, sure. Racism is a bad side to human nature and it will always exist, openly or not. It's why I have more of an issue with racist acts than racist thoughts. Frankly, if someone wants to believe they are superior because of their skin colour, that's their cross to bear.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join