It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calling on Left Moderates, Please Help!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

I'm starting to become worried from all of the attacks on my race, the great white race, here in America. We are the founders and builders of this great nation and we are under attack daily from extremely racist American Insurgents.

Probably the most racist thing I have read today.....

Stop being racist then ask for our help.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 06:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I'm starting to become worried from all of the attacks on my race, the great white race, here in America. We are the founders and builders of this great nation and we are under attack daily from extremely racist American Insurgents.

Probably the most racist thing I have read today.....

Stop being racist then ask for our help.

How so?

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 06:43 AM
link   

You keep talking about race as though it were real and important. Then you picture yourself as being threatened and defensive. These are the first rationalizations on the path towards hate crimes. Wake up, please.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Talks about the greate white race which I personally interpret to mean better than other races.

Also states this great white race built the nation, ignoring the contributions of other races.

So yeah to me that comes across as racist, you may disagree and that is fine but in m view that opening paragraph is racist.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 06:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: badw0lf

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

BWAHAHAHA

IS DA "great white race" scared of what some liberal snowflakes are saying about him???

Oh snookems....

Lol... just lol..

Awww, but POC are fraid of hats and the genocides...

Sometimes you'd get me banned...

I was not able to decypher your secret message... maybe I need a decoder ring???

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 06:55 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Or spouted by just random racists....

"Make the great white race , great again!!"

...damn... just damn..

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Please Leftists, the good ones among you, reform your party back to the middle. You are sacrificing your own races future, the white ones among you especially, by allowing this to perpetuate.

That's when I stopped reading your idiotic rant.Cry Me a river You "triggered snowflake"..
edit on 1-10-2017 by greydaze because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: badw0lf

What?!?!

The one who is trying to keep the race pure would be the inbreeder...

"Race mixing " is literally the anti-inbreeding....

Is this a lame attempt at "I know you are but what am I??"

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 06:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Talks about the greate white race which I personally interpret to mean better than other races.

Also states this great white race built the nation, ignoring the contributions of other races.

So yeah to me that comes across as racist, you may disagree and that is fine but in m view that opening paragraph is racist.

Racial pride is not racism.
More than one race can be great you know.
Your own internalisation of others words do not make those words racist.

As a generalisation, saying the white race built the nation is fair. I took it not to mean physically building anything, rather the construct of American society which was built and founded by white men, no?

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Define White.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: 3daysgone

All I needed to see was the OP is trying to protect the "great white race" something that doesn't even exist...

It is starting a conversation with " royal lines should definitely marry brother to sistr to keep the bloodlines pure.. go targaryians!! "

Lol

What one random uneducated person ramble s on about doesn't mean jack ANYTHING about "the left", black people or whatever other group people are trying to demogoge..
edit on 1-10-2017 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Racial pride is not racism.

I never really understand this idea that racial pride is not racism, I mean I am not proud of being white I am proud of my achievements in life irrespective of my race they would not be any different if I was black for example, like wise I am proud of my nations achievements but again that is irrespective of race. I think we are just going disagree on that, which is fine, but to me talking about the "Great White Race" is basically a synonym for saying "Hi, I am a white supremacist".

Your own internalisation of others words do not make those words racist.

Well from my perspective they do, to others they might not which again is why I am open to respecting a different view on this.

I don't want to generalise but I think if you stood up in-front of the nation and said "I am proud to belong to the grate white race who built this nation".... quite a lot of people would probably say it was a racist view point.

As a generalisation, saying the white race built the nation is fair. I took it not to mean physically building anything, rather the construct of American society which was built and founded by white men, no?

So only white men have contributed to American society?

Someone better let the historians know.

To me it is racist to make that claim as it ignores the contributions made to American society but people of other races. Sure the founding fathers were white but I think everyone would agree that American society has moved on since then and that people of other races have played a huge role in that.

America was not built by 56 white men who singed a bit of paper in Philadelphia back in 1776 you know?

edit on 1-10-2017 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Actually, it would be far more accurate, if we are assigning group labels, to describe the Founders as British, which in turn would be made up of Angles, Saxons and various Celts, which would in turn be made up of ...

Well, you get the point.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Well so long as you understand it's your own thoughts and interpretation that make what you hear sound racist that's cool. That's part of the problem IMO... too many , too quick to cry racism. It actually dilutes any effort to tackle real racism. Personally I only have a problem with people who act on racist beliefs - i.e. refuse jobs, generally offer less opportunity from positions of power...

Generally speaking, yes, it's white people who conceived and built America. Others have sure contributed along the way. Generalisations do tend to ignore specifics.

edit on 1/10/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Who knew that the African slaves who did most of the real work from the mid-1600s onward were White?

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Fair enough but just to be clear.

Well so long as you understand it's your own thoughts and interpretation that make what you hear sound racist that's cool.

This works both ways.

Just as it is my own interpretation that this talk of the "great White race who build this nation" is racist, it is also your own interpretation of those words that leads you to believe it is not racist. I would go further and also say that in my view the reason for this is probably because you are somewhat sympathetic to those views otherwise you would be in disagreement with the OP.

Additionally really what does constitute racism is the law, so if we were in a court of law and the words "the great white race who build this nation" were uttered it would be for a court to decide if that was or was not racist. Another important factor is how society in general (not on ATS) would view these words, again I am confident that they would perceive the OP's opening statement as being tantamount to racism.

As such I think anyone who took the point of view that the OPs opening paragraph was not racist would probably be in the minority.
edit on 1-10-2017 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
a reply to: JinMI

Or spouted by just random racists....

"Make the great white race , great again!!"

...damn... just damn..

I don't care about making the white race great, but it would be nice not to think that I may someday have to get my kid DNA tested so he can prove he's mixed race.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

That's quite an insular view. If it was all about the law and societies reactions then you'd have to agree that the ultra-racist and sexist society in Suadi Arabia is actually not racist or sexist. Indeed, you would have to agree that slavery was not racist until it became unacceptable to people and the law was changed.

This is why I believe it is better to define racism by action, not your thoughts about words or indeed laws or populist opinions.
edit on 1/10/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 07:37 AM
link   

If it was all about the law and societies reactions then you'd have to agree that the ultra-racist and sexist society in Suadi Arabia is actually not racist or sexist.

To them its probably not actually seen as racist or sexist although to me, living in a tolerant society and holding liberal beliefs it is probably one of the most repressive societies on earth from my view point. I think we can agree that the legal system in the UK and our society in general would also describe it as such.

This is why I believe it is better to define racism by action, not your thoughts about words.

That is a fair point, I can understand why would might take that view although as the law currently stands you can be deemed a racist through your words depending on the context and where they were said.

That is just the reality of it.

I personally think that this only means its much more difficult to challenge racist beliefs and expose them as they are almost now a social taboo that is only discussed online or behind closed doors making them much more difficult to challenge.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 07:40 AM
link   
White and Black are arbitrary tags and labels. There is ample room to be proud of our unique cultures, but race?

Race is a social construct, and at this point, its a construct being used to bring ever more division and contention to American life.

I found out a few years ago that I have a great, great, great grandma that was African. There's also some strong indications that on the other side of my family, our "pedigree" might not be quite what we thought it was (i.e. fathers may not be actual biological fathers in a couple of cases.)

For about 100$ US you can get a DNA test that will show you just how complex a matter you are. Some of you will be terrified to learn that you're not quite as "Great White" as you thought.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join