It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 17

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Good morning everyone!

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Finspiracy

originally posted by: Lagomorphe
Woot woot I'm going to get my dose of Haggis tonight...

Are you being serious with that statement?

I saw a cooking show on TV once where Haggis was made... I would say that watching the show did not make me crave for that stuff...

Warmest
Fin

Yup... love the stufff, Im going to die of a haggis overdose😜😜😜😜

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Lagomorphe

And you eat snails too. Remind me not to have dinner at your house. LOL

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   
My heart goes out to all who were shot/killed or others that were there at the time of the shooting.
I'm in shock. To me, this feels like another 9/11.

Peace and love to all.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Frogs legs and snails in garlic butter? Really? Don't get me wrong, French cuisine can be great but sometimes their choice of ingredients just leaves me disgusted. And yes, every country has it. Rocky Mountain Oysters (steer's bollocks), blood sausage, yada yada yada....but the French? Hell no!

"Yez, but you muzt tazte...iz like cheeken non...?"

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
a reply to: Lagomorphe

And you eat snails too. Remind me not to have dinner at your house. LOL

I can't remember the thread name but check out the profile of Rodinus and look for the Snail thread😉

Warmest

Lags

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   

....I saw a cooking show on TV once where Haggis was made... I would say that watching the show did not make me crave for that stuff...

Warmest
Fin

I had Haggis Pakora last night. It was delicious.

G

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gordi The Drummer

....I saw a cooking show on TV once where Haggis was made... I would say that watching the show did not make me crave for that stuff...

Warmest
Fin

G

Dont know what I'm having yet, just sipping a Grouse at the Hilton Grosvener for the moment... "cough cough"

Damned throats irritation "gets up to order more cough medicine"

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gordi The Drummer

Warmest
Fin

G

OoooOOOOO send me the recipie!

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingForABetterLife
My heart goes out to all who were shot/killed or others that were there at the time of the shooting.
I'm in shock. To me, this feels like another 9/11.

Peace and love to all.

I can say the same, i can say the same.

This day was not that good to begin with in my personal life and now another mindless killing

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Many many positive thoughts to all those who have been touched by this deeply sad tragedy.

Lags

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lagomorphe

OoooOOOOO send me the recipie!

Go to The Lost Lamb restaurant.
Ask for Haggis Pakora (or mixed Pakora).
Enjoy!

or
Roll your haggis into golf-ball sized balls.
Coat in Pakora batter & Deep fry!

(Pakora Batter = Gram (chickpea) Flour with water, coriander, salt, turmeric, chilli powder, garam masala and garlic added.
Mix all the dry ingredients.
Make a well in the centre of the mixture.
Gradually pour water into the well and mix to form a thick, smooth batter.
Dip your haggis balls into the batter, then deep fry until golden.)

G

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Pudge shifted uneasily on his feet, looked around nervously and then suggested that they find somewhere quiet to talk.
So, they retired to the shed, made some coffee and swiftly took their seats around the kitchen table.

"I hail originally from Cavernock, at the foot of the Black Hills, but I have recently been visiting with my cousins at the Cairn O'Mhor Mines, down in Bagglesmere.
One stormy night, I went to the local Inn, and it was on the way there that I came across a strange beggar, a tall yet scrawny fellow who was down on his luck it seemed.
I took pity on him, and invited him to join me for a simple meal and a jar of Ale which he readily accepted.
He was pleasant company, educated and well-mannered.
He told me of his travels, and of his many adventures!
And finally... he told me about THIS!"

The Dwarf pulled back his cloak to reveal a small leather pouch, tied to his belt. He lifted it up, placed it on the table and gently pulled on the cord to open it up.
Everyone gasped as the pouch fell open and revealed a beautiful ornamental golden mechanism of some sort, in the shape of a Dragons Great Claw with a glowing globe-shaped crystal clasped at its centre.

"He said that it was a Magesphere and that it once belonged to the Elven Maidens of Ellesmere?
He had won it in a game of Throngosticks some months before - from a shady goblin-like character and had paid it no mind (other than as a pretty ornament) until about three weeks ago, when it started to glow!
When he then gazed deeply into that glowing crystal Orb, he began to see shapes forming there... like the number "17" over and over again.
Then swirling visions... visions of a shed-like structure... visions of things yet to come... visions of those dark creatures we met today... visions of that dark and beastly figure at their head...
And visions of the beautiful Elven maiden, keeper of the Ellesmerian scrolls who the evil one was seeking out...

Visions of YOU my dear Elf.

tbc
edit on 2-10-2017 by Gordi The Drummer because: tidy up post

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Just wanting to say hello to everyone, let you know I'm still kicking.

Another big thanks to Night Star for letting me know we moved again.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   
My heart goes out to all involved in the senseless Vegas killings, their families and all the wounded. Granted the world has always been crazy, but this is not the America I grew up in.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Thank you Blue, for letting us know of important events! I hope you've been resting dear. I caught up on a lot of sleep today as I have been feeling so very tired.

Driver I'm chuckling because I'm part French, but I don't eat frog's legs or snails or anything strange, even if I do like trying new things. LOL

Lags, I remember that thread and if my memory serves me right, I believe I participated in being grossed out. LOL

Gordi, ooooh, some mystery and intrigue for our story. It is good. Let me know in a PM if you have any special ideas on where you might want this to go. Fun!

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
Just wanting to say hello to everyone, let you know I'm still kicking.

Another big thanks to Night Star for letting me know we moved again.

Glad you found your way home Hun. Now where are my duckling pics? Oh and chickens and whatever else you have. Love animals!

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   
A little dedication to a certain person. My brother passed last Saturday. These 3 are for Big T.

ETA: Probably language warning and #... it's punk.
edit on 2/10/17 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

All this talk about food, so I just had to reply to your post.

I hear you about "familiar" fare when it comes to restaurants. It's the same around here, unless I want to drive 40+ miles for something different. And even then the pickings are scant. I really miss Korean food.

But the Bison I buy is not that expensive as there is a Amish farmer who raises them here. They're free-range and well taken care of, but they do have a tendency to break through fences and wander about. We had 140+ of them wandering around not to long ago. 3 got hit by cars and 2 lived. But every car was totaled. I hear it's like hitting a 4-legged tank.

Also have quite a few organic farms up here, so when I needed veggies, eggs or chicken, it's readily available and it's all single source food. Winter is about the only time I have to hit the grocery store in a serious way. But I do buy canned food for emergencies and donate that once a year to the local food pantry and restock what wasn't eaten.

I'm also kind of lucky that my sister is what is called a "Super Taster" so she has a very limited pallet. She eats Salad, and Lima, Butter and Black beans straight from the can!
And the occasional refried bean burrito and skinless chicken breast. Poor girl! Her taste buds are broken.

Thankfully I am a GREAT chef! (Just tootin' my own horn!) so I do get varied meals. I love all those recipe sites when I can get online that is. I cut and paste recipes into a MSWord document so I don't lose or forget them. (That file is getting huge!)

But I will admit that I have concocted some dismal failures.
edit on 2-10-2017 by TDawgRex because: missed a word

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

My condolences Light.

I hope you can focus on some great memories whilst moving forward ...

Tough times.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join