It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 17

page: 87
<< 84  85  86    88  89  90 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   
JustMike

I heard good things and bad things about the LifeVest so I'll take whatever the insurance company allows me to.
The defib sounds like a wonderful idea. I wish they could get it in place any time now. I could use it today as my heart has been raising some caution flags telling me that there is something wrong going on.

My wife passed away early in 2014. Even though she has plenty of health problems no one expected her to die overnight from bronchitis she had.

We were making plans to move to the Pacific Northwest that summer. No one planned for what ended up happening. That is why every couple needs to have a copy of the user guide to grief and loss of a loved one. It's been hard for me to deal with as no one can ever explain how one feels when this happens. We all experience different ways and order to how we feel.

I'm working on a book as well. It might get done a lot faster if I actually write anything down instead of keeping it in my head.

Your replies are always welcomed here, my friend.

Timely

I've heard that rumor of there being a light at the end of the tunnel as well. Things will get better in time. As for dad, he is my prison warden so I don't talk to him and he doesn't bother me too much. I'm just waiting to finish my time at home.

LucidWarrior

To me, it felt like you have been away but I think that is mostly due to my not being here as much as I used to. lol
With my health issues, I only have so much strength to be here and participate with everyone else wise words.

Your 3D story reminds me a lot of the story of my youngest step-daughter. Maybe the two of you are long lost twins. She was queen bee of the spelling bees when she was in school. Unfortunately, she found life outside of school more to her liking. This means that we homeschooled her for a while. Then passed her along to live with her father and his wife at the time. There were a few times in between that she lived with her grandparents as well.

So you were a product of the foster care organization. My wife was for only a short time until she was adopted. Yes, we did find her birth mom as well. Ended up living across the street from her for a couple of years. My oldest step-daughter thought that sex = love and had eight children. Five of them were taken away by the state as it was her decision to let them go. We tried to adopt at least two of them but it didn't go in our favor. That leaves me but one choice my friend, I'll have to adopt you then.

One thing I need to add as I have been there myself. Take care of yourself as much as you can before going all out to help others.

Hugs my friend.

edit on 11 1 2017 by LookingForABetterLife because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Breakfast time. Strong coffee, salted peanuts and tobacco. "Recommended by the universal breakfast association"

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

Oh... I wish power to you. You make my "problems" seem so small.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

Thanks, Fin. I hope your problems get straightened.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Fin, thank you so much for your concern. I have my yearly in December and will discuss my meds then. I have other appointments and tests before then and so does my Sister who takes me to my appointments. I just don't want something that will make me sleep all the time or make me feel like a zombie. I also have to be careful and get something that won't interfere with my other meds. Right now, I am rather overwhelmed and would rather NOT think. Sort of like the ostrich with his head in the sand. Eventually and hopefully, things will improve.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

Blue, you've been through hell and back and will make it through it. The waiting game sucks so bad, I know, but stay here with us and we will try to make you smile and feel loved and laugh to keep your mind off of things. Hugs!

edit on 1-11-2017 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-11-2017 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 11:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star. I have my yearly in December and will discuss my meds then.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 12:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

Ahahaha! Good tune, but I'm not on those kind of meds. LOL

I'll have a pixie drink though. Those always make me feel better.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 02:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Those pixie drinks always get me. Lol Just checking in. The Shed is quiet. I put another log on the fire. There's a lite snow outside. Things are peaceful. Sleep well Shed folk. Sleep well.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 02:47 AM
link   
a reply to: crappiekat

Sweetest dreams kitty Kat!

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Hope that wasn't pesky flirting with a cat - astrophic outcome ... 🙃

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Sorry Raine ... remiss of me to not ask after your health.

I do hope the malaise is but a fleeting reminder of your mortality.

( Outside of the shed realms ... of course ! 😘 )

How do you make a Maltese cross ?

Kick him in the shins !
edit on 2-11-2017 by Timely because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Timely

Hello Sir Dave Of The Shed Lands! No, that wasn't pesky. LOL

My health? I could write a book, but I won't. I'm ok, just in pain and sometimes a LOT of it.

I will be going out to lunch with my Sister in a while. I am not even dressed yet. I'm just sipping coffee and trying to wake up.
Hope all is well in your world my friend. Hugs!

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Timely

...How do you make a Maltese cross ?

Kick him in the shins !

and How do you make a Swiss Roll?

Push him down the mountain!

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

LOL! Looks like you guys are on a roll.

Still trying to get motivated enough to get dressed here.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gordi The Drummer
and How do you make a Swiss Roll?

Push him down the mountain!

I didn't get the maltese cross joke but this one was quite good. A bit nasty, but good!

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   
What lies at the bottom of the ocean and twitches?

A nervous wreck.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   
My fave silly joke is:

Did you hear about the farmer's MAGIC Tractor?

... It turned into a field!

(I know, I know...)

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Finspiracy

I didn't get the maltese cross joke but this one was quite good. A bit nasty, but good!

A Maltese cross is a type of geometric figure (in the shape of a cross) which widens towards each point.
Like this:

But, the "Maltese" are people who come from the country Malta... and you could make them "cross" (angry) by kicking their shins!
How do you make a Maltese cross?...... yup! (Not worth explaining!!! ROFL)

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

top topics

<< 84  85  86    88  89  90 >>

join