It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 17

page: 85
<< 82  83  84    86  87  88 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

If the doc says to go for the defib implant, then do it. My Dad had one and it helped him.

It's not just the physical, it's the psychological.

ETA: I didn't know about life vests but they sound brilliant.

edit on 31/10/17 by JustMike because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Since losing my wife I have learned the importance of each day telling them that I love them, as we never know if it will be the last time we ever see each other.

Thank you so much.

I don't know how long she has, I only know my own wife's time is relatively short and probably less than mine. So I just went to her as she was lying in bed (as it's very late) and said, "Ja te miluju,", which means "I love you."

She gave me a beautiful smile and replied, "Ja tebe take," which means, "I (love) you too," and she is happy.

I just do not know whatb what else to say, but I expect you already understand.

I already wrote a book and dedicated it to her, and will do the same with the next, but my talents are few: much as I wish, there is so little more I can offer her.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: JustMike

Just being you would be all that Dada needs .

Hope you are well.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Hope there is some light at the end of the tunnel for you and also your Dad ...

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

Well. Im not here much, lately haha. But. Its not about, what you do, or the words you say. You never know the things that will make a difference in someones life. And already, youve touched everyones life here. Just by showing up, by being you. This place, is about the sharing of lives, and that, my friend, is just what you have been doing, so there is not anything else you need do.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 11:16 PM
link   

"LucidWarrior
Thank you for your prayers and love. It's so good to see that you have made a trip to the Shed to see us."

Hey! I never left, buddy! Im just, uh. Adventuring? Yeah, thats it. This is still my home, it saddens me that you think I left, sniffle. I guess ill take a cue from you and uh, open up, even though thats hard.

So, the adventures of Lucid... In 3D! Lol. Really, not much... Im 22, and, as everyonehas ever told me, im smart. Well... Yeah... But no matter how smart I am, I do really, really stupid things. Chronically. Like... Like in school, for example. I knew how to progress, and I was capable, but... Like a vivid memory I have is being in a spelling bee in third grade... I was one of the last three. The girl before me spelled christmas wrong so it was just me and the other guy. I knew how to spell it... I just looked out at the crowd and decided... I didnt want to win... So I spelled it wrong. Thing is... It feels like... These days it's less of a choice that I make, than something that happens to me. Four years ago, I aged out of fostercare after getting # grades in school when I could have done better. I fell into the streets, even though I had the whole world in front of me, and was capable enough to achieve it.

Four years later... And two years after engaging in a self dialogue about my issues... Here I am, still homeless. I often feel like I am ruled by whim and by fancy, even though I am NOT a fickle creature. So I have to watch myself, let go of ties that mean the world to me, while I pursie distraction. It has lead me to losing friends, and family... And it means im not here in the shed as much as I want or need to be. It is a hige birden, to live as I do, dominated by desire. I struggle with it every day. Try to show people who I am underneath, try to BE who I am underneath. But... I waste away... I waste away. It's like... No matter how much something means to me, I am incapable of holding something sacred. As if I am fundamentally unclean or something. So I struggle with my self worth, then feel bad for worrying about how I feel when im causing havoc in other people's lives, not just my own. I waste away, when all I really want to do is be the best I can and help others be their best, too. Thats why the shed is my home, because thats what the shed is about. Helping each other be their best.
edit on 31-10-2017 by LucidWarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 12:18 AM
link   
a reply to: JustMike

much as I wish, there is so little more I can offer her.

Oh Mike, you have offered her many years of love and devotion and have been an amazing Husband to her. What more could she ever want? I am sure she adores you and is ever grateful. You are her Earth Angel Mike.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Awwww, Blue, some wise and wonderful words and awesome friendship song!

Looks like we all need the Shed and each other.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 12:39 AM
link   
a reply to: LucidWarrior

Your post there was very well written and put together. I can really relate to what you said. I hope all the best for you, shed friend.

I have been working on making peace with others, the world, and myself. I can't rebel anymore. It takes too much and is futile.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 12:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Finspiracy

originally posted by: Night Star
Fin, there will always be challenges in life, but you have your Shed family now, so if anything happens, we are here for you.

I know it. It feels real good to know it. I wish i could give something back, a smile, a good song, anything. I have received so much from the shed.

You DO give back! You have been a delight and bring much to the Shed by simply being yourself.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 12:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Oh
Thanks for making me smile. What you wrote to me applies to you also.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 12:48 AM
link   
a reply to: LucidWarrior

We get to talk daily so I already know of your struggles and am always here for you as best as I can be. Remember...there is always help and hope.

It was your writing that first brought you to my attention. I could sense someone deep and unique behind the words and stories. Never give up! Never surrender! Raise that sword high!

That goes for all the Sheddites. We all have our struggles and challenges and we are never truly alone.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Awwww, HUGS!!!!!!

Here we go again with the hugs. Aren't they wonderful?

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Awwww, HUGS!!!!!!

Yes they are. They have healing and comforting powers.
HUGS!!

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 12:55 AM
link   
God, I missed so much in here today.

Light, loved your story!

Kat, that pumpkin Shed was awesome! LOL

All the talk about Yorkshire pudding brought up memories of my growing up with Roast beef dinners with Yorkshire pudding cooked in a big pan in the oven and later drizzled with delicious gravy. I haven't made any in years and nowmy mouth is watering.

Skid, I didn't have to dress up for Halloween, I'm scary looking enough.

Tarzan, your Halloween pics were great! LOL

I saw Timely/Dave back there somewhere. Hello across the miles!

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 12:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Finspiracy

Awwww, HUGS!!!!!!

Yes they are. They have healing and comforting powers.
HUGS!!

They do indeed my friend.

Man, sometimes I need running shoes to catch up in here, but it would hurt too much to run. LOL

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Yo!

I am sipping cheap white wine and listening to music from youtube and spotify. What are others doing? Has it been a good wednesday? Or am i a time traveler and it is not wednesday there where you, dear reader, happen to be?

Hey Gordi, what do you think of this drumming?

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 04:25 AM
link   

uhm....

I feel a bit guilty for saying this, but I absolutely loved that! LOL
(As long as the big fella did it willingly!!! and I'm pretty sure he did.)

Even if you don't LOOK at the video... the actual beats on that track are awesome!

Thanks Fins!

G

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 04:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Haha! yes, you can't slap anyone but the big dude was "in the game" so no harm done!

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 05:34 AM
link   

I was waiting till he slapped them back. Maybe next time...

top topics

<< 82  83  84    86  87  88 >>

join