It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 17

page: 84
<< 81  82  83    85  86  87 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: crappiekat

Since I am here I thought I would do a bit of decorating.

The Halloween Shed. lol

edit on 31-10-2017 by crappiekat because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Thank You!

nom nom nom nom

Nice.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Is that a Yorkshire pudding on that plate?

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

Yes Light.

Doesn't that look so good.

I've only had it once in my life, and it was (well as Gordi put it) nom nom nom.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Our Traditional Halloween meal is always a big pot of Chili.

The witches cauldron bubbling on the kitchen counter.

With crunchy french bread. The bones of the dead.

Bhaaaaaaaaa

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   

I was born in Yorkshire.
The puddings are bigger in Yorkshire. When I was a kid anyway. It is (often?) considered a starter and not an accompaniment. The first course of a Sunday dinner. It can literally fill a plate, covered in gravy. Memories of my youth. (I liked jam on mine as a child. Sugar rush...)

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

I had mine with dark beef gravy.

Ohhh so good.

Never made them before, but now I am craving me some. lol

Do you have a good (easy) recipe.

Don't you need a special pan to make them? Or can you use muffin tins?

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   

The short answer is no, I've never tried, ever. I know I will fail for a while lol. The long answer is the last time I ate one is when my now dead Grandma made it for me many years ago. She did hers in the same size pan you roast a chicken in (but not the same pan as the chicken, just to be clear) instead of those individual sized ones. Probably just what she had to hand though. Muffin tins are what some celeb-chefs use. The batter and the temps/times are the key.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   

All Hallows Eve fell on The Shed like a dark, heavy spell. Driver walked towards the Dragon cave, seeking company and protection and expecting trouble. Everyone else had left! As he entered the cave, a few half-bitten pumpkins littered the way.

"Oh good, the sisters were awake when fools treaded where angels refused to!" he thought to himself. In spite of the coffee he was still grumpy.

He examined the area of destroyed pumpkins for human remains. After fifteen minutes of poring through piles of pre-destroyed pyromaniacal pumpkins all seemed well with no cause to inform anyone's next of kin.

"Firm but fair! Less guano too." he laughed to himself, happy in the knowledge that even in his most inebriated state he had never ever attempted to light scary lanterns in the sisters cave without invitation no matter how strong the urge.

As he neared the sisters he could feel the zone of protection envelop and pass through his body, it was like a forcefield, a physical bubble. They were again laying on the floor in triangle formation but this time their heads were facing outwards and the tips of their tails were touching each other. There was no colour except for the light in their eyes. It seemed almost other-worldly, indescribable. Insane almost.

Feeling safe from the hordes of marauding trick and treaters, demons, ghouls, devils and demented zombies with their unholy and unreasonable demands Driver relaxed, grabbed a bottle of Holy Provenance Beer and sat in a space close to the point where the 3 sisters' tails joined. As he looked closer at the tails he could see tiny lights moving in all directions. They were as one. A holy union, communicating, defending, protecting.

Driver took a large swig from his beer and had barely gulped it down when he heard a large thump to his left. He turned his head to see the source of the sound and there on the outside of the protective bubble was the face of a vampire, it's face pressed hard against the glass and unable to move. Driver looked closer at the figure in pain, his gaze moving slowly down the poor vampire's body. Grinning with a devilish light a small face could be seen, with one arm gripping the vampire by his leg.

Driver waved at Pesky. Pesky waved back quickly then disappeared into the darkness with a screaming vampire in tow.

Driver looked thankfully at his beer and took another large gulp.
edit on 31/10/17 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

edit on 31/10/17 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo2

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Tarzan the apeman.

hahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
Fin, there will always be challenges in life, but you have your Shed family now, so if anything happens, we are here for you.

I know it. It feels real good to know it. I wish i could give something back, a smile, a good song, anything. I have received so much from the shed.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Thank you so much, Gordi.

Dada is doing pretty well, all things considered. Medical prognoses (plural) based upon stats and averages thankfully allow for cases like hers. She is doing way better than most of the docs she saw expected she would. She can still communicate basic needs quite well, can manage cutlery quite well, and is even able to get herself dressed most mornings. I just need to remind her what to put on first.

I see that as a positive.

And I'd love some Yorkshire pud!

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy
Your posts are enough on their own. You don't need to give anything else. They're golden.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   
The pan matters not. Just think back to when these were first being made, by "common" folk (us), who sometimes had very few pans or pots to choose from. They made do with what they had, and most often just used a small, iron pot.

But then, so did my mother, who will be 89 years old on 11/11 this year.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Tarzan the apeman.

A bit off the track, but even if you are not a Christian, read the Book of Ruth in the Old Testament.

It is a beautiful love story, one that I have read many times. There are whole lives there, compressed and distilled into a few lines. And it's quite short: just a few pages. It is filled with love and the true spirit of compassion, which (as the Dalai Lama explains) is the desire to relieve others of their suffering.

It is what I try and live by. I fail often and it grieves me that I do, but it's still a goal that I feel is worth striving for.

ETA: just realized I'm hogging the page! Where IS everyone??
edit on 31/10/17 by JustMike because: of a typo, which was entirely my computer's fault.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: JustMike

That all sounds pretty positive Mike, I'm glad.
Ohh, and Yorkshire Puds are just the Mutts Nuttz!

(I make my own.... but am not sharing the recipe!
)

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   

If you could share that recipe with me via a pm I'd be very grateful.

I'm serious, mon.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 08:16 PM
link   
A shout out to our Errollorre and Gordi for the Monster Shed song and video. That made me chuckle.

JustMike
Thank you for your concerns, Mike. What the current plan is that we find out if my insurance will cover a life vest for me to wear for three months. At the end of this three month period, the cardiologist will decide if I am in need of having a defibrillator implanted.

For those not in the know about what a LifeVest is I've included the following. It looks like a cross between a life jacket and a reflective vest btw.

The LifeVest is a wearable defibrillator that is worn by patients at risk for sudden cardiac arrest (SCA). If a life-threatening heart rhythm is detected, the device delivers a treatment shock to restore normal heart rhythm.

Night Star
I'm not so much scared about what may happen. It's more of a reason to feel depressed, however. Hugs to you too.

WalkInSilence

What do you want to say to us?

My friends here at the Shed make up 99% of the people that I know who will let me share my thoughts without coming up with something negative to say about me. You are the only ones I have that I can hold hands with or lean on your shoulders to make me feel better.

What do you want to say in general?

Since losing my wife I have learned the importance of each day telling them that I love them, as we never know if it will be the last time we ever see each other.

Life does not begin when you retire or win the lottery. It won't begin next year or next month either. Make the best of each day and go ahead and do whatever it is that makes you happy. Go ahead and write that book, travel around the world, buy a new kitten, or eat all the donuts you want.

Live your life for you and those you love, not for those you work for or pay taxes too.

I plan on keeping everyone here up to date with how I am doing.

Finspiracy
Believe me. I am taking it easy. As a matter of fact, I'm scared to do too much of anything as it may hurt me. There is so much unknown with what is going on I don't want to break anything inside me and make things worse.
Thank you for your prayers and thoughts.

LucidWarrior
Thank you for your prayers and love. It's so good to see that you have made a trip to the Shed to see us.

Many thanks, hugs, and love to all of the lovely people here at the Shed.

new topics

top topics

<< 81  82  83    85  86  87 >>

join