It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 17

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
a reply to: TDawgRex

Wow, that is indeed a LOT of work! Wait...you cut down 30 trees just to clear it out for a wedding? Oh nooooo!

60+ Trees. The Oaks were dying from Wilt so there was nothing I could do about those, we still have four more that need to go. If you don't get rid of the diseased trees, it will spread to others and I LOVE Oaks and Maples. The rest needed to be cleared eventually as they were killing each other off with their root systems slowly but surely. That and their roots are degrading the bluff which is near the house which can be dangerous eventually. The hole was made by my Brother-in-Law before he passed and he installed a in-ground trampoline for his daughter. The trampoline has been gone a long time, (my niece is 32 now), so I was stuck with filling in the hole.

Next spring, I'm planting a few more Oak and Maple saplings, but this time further away from the bluff and hope for the best. What you take away, you must replace if you can after all. Besides, where I want to plant them is just a huge open field with nothing but grass. It needs trees I think.

I do live in the sticks. But I love it.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Ahahahaha!

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Ok, I feel much better now.

Where is the night crew???????? I mean besides me and you?

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Ah, the lovely Wis, wise woman of the Shedlands.

Thank you dear, but could you find another title for me, or I may have to prove my silliness in a very obvious manner. It is such a huge obligation. I have to act as if I actually know what I am talking about.

I see you are flirting with the Scotsman again. You know it will go to his head right?

Now, now, it is more closely related to sibling rivalry and if it does go to his head it is because he has dismissed the superiority of his opponent. He he

Lovely to see you Sweetie! Now tell us a story around the fire.

So good to see you too and the swarm of replies in your new Shed. Thank you for maintaining a home for us.
No stories, I am too tired to write much of any thing creative.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

I haven't been part of the night crew for some time now as you are well aware.

Currently making some Breaky-Fast for the Dawgs. Baked Chicken and Potatoes, no spices. They're slumming it this week as the Filet Mignon and Ground Bison are all gone. Gotta go shopping again, though Roast Pork will be in the bowls later this week. Believe it or not, that is what they do get on a regular basis mixed in with their kibble.

They eat what I eat, except the kibble part, they can keep that off my plate. Meat here is pretty cheap and so are the veggies, since I live in the sticks and have gotten to know people (Of course, some of those folks I have reacquainted myself with are cousins.)

Other perks though are sadly lacking.

Very few varied restaurants, for the most part, they all serve the same stuff. Stone age (think AOL 2.0) interwebz. Gas prices are fairly high.

Thank Dawg I know how to cook!

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

Ah! Wis! It has been a long time since we have last met. I do believe that it was around the time that I was moving and thusly departing the Shed and you were just discovering the place. Good to see you stuck around.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Hi Hun! A new nickname? Nah, you are wise so I'll keep the Wise Woman of the Shed lands for you.

I hope there comes a day and soon where you can tell us a tale. You are an amazing writer!

Watching a movie and checking in here and at face book.

You will always have the Shed to come home to as long as I live and breathe.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Man, your dogs are lucky to have you for their Dad. They sure are eating well! You'll have to share some pics when you can.

edit on 1-10-2017 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Man, your dogs are lucky to have you for their Dad. They sure are eating well! You'll have to share some pics when you can.

Will do if I can remember how to post pics.

As for the Dawgs eating well...I blame my sisters Dawg, Bruce Wayne. He's a finicky little box of rocks...has to have something different every week or he starves himself.

My Dawg Trooper though, will eat a box of rocks as long as you pour gravy on it.

Oh well. If ya spoil one, you have to spoil both...right?

Right now it seems that it is Rabbit Poo season and they are out and about during the day snagging up every rabbit candy they can eat. Well, that and Deer Poo, they like to eat that too.

Gotta run for the night. See ya soon!
edit on 1-10-2017 by TDawgRex because: um, well, er...uh...what?

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Hey there TRex, I don't think I have had the pleasure of seeing you for all most two years now?
Were you the one who cut down all those oaks? I get confused speed reading. Sorry.

Sounds like your critters are living the "high life", Ground Bison, that is hard to come by, well at least for folks of my make.

You mentioned a lack of "other perks", such as???

And few varied restaurants. I dream of the days I could eat out and the food wouldn't taste the same no matter where I went. The only variable is the amount of sodium.

But people here prefer the "familiar".

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Hi Hun! A new nickname? Nah, you are wise so I'll keep the Wise Woman of the Shed lands for you.

You are being naughty and you know it, but I guess that is your prerogative as Elven Queen!!!!

I hope there comes a day and soon where you can tell us a tale. You are an amazing writer!

You are too sweet. There are all sorts of tales and twists in my head but RL seems to suck every inch of productivity out of me.

You will always have the Shed to come home to as long as I live and breathe.

That is so comforting, but and this is a positive "but" I think, no, I know in the bottom of my heart that we who have touched each other with compassion will gather again.
We will see each other face to face in a grand eternal feast.
This is my consolation on dark days, that I, in one infinite moment will grasp all of your hands and we will dance in joy forever.
Together with all those we loved and lost.
Call me a dreamer, naïve, simple. When this tiny physical place passes in to oblivion our "togetherness" will last.
I will remember each and every one of you
Who knows???
edit on 1-10-2017 by WalkInSilence because: Because I can

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

Just a brief thank you for adding a wee bit of entertainment to the new Shed.

Well written.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 10:47 PM
link   

That is so comforting, but and this is a positive "but" I think, no, I know in the bottom of my heart that we who have touched each other with compassion will gather again.
This is my consolation on dark days, that I, in one infinite moment will grasp all of your hands and we will dance in joy forever.
Call me a dreamer, naïve, simple. When this tiny physical place passes in to oblivion our "togetherness" will last.
Who knows???

See...words of wisdom right there!

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 11:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: WalkInSilence
a reply to: Sheye

Just a brief thank you for adding a wee bit of entertainment to the new Shed.

Well written.

Thank you.... it's been fun to try 😊

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 02:03 AM
link   

HUG The Dawg!

G

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 02:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: WalkInSilence

... I know in the bottom of my heart that we who have touched each other with compassion will gather again.
Who knows???

What a lovely thought WIS!

That is all.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Glasgow or bust...

Woot woot I'm going to get my dose of Haggis tonight... oooOOOer that sounds rude!

I will take pics and post when I get back home...

Warmest

Lags

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 05:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lagomorphe
Woot woot I'm going to get my dose of Haggis tonight...

Are you being serious with that statement?

I saw a cooking show on TV once where Haggis was made... I would say that watching the show did not make me crave for that stuff...

Warmest
Fin

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 06:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

I think many of the "older foods" sound quite disgusting to our modern ears but if that was all you had back then then I'm sure you would eat it. It also became a traditional dish. My Grandads (both English btw) loved tripe (the first or second stomach of a cow or other ruminant used as food) and pigs trotters (pig foot, boiled slowly I think)). None of the rest of the family would touch that stuff.

Traditionally, regular folk rarely ate "meat" but had to make do with the offal (organs) and other body parts that were cheap (relatively speaking).

I remember eating black sausage as a young child and loving it. "What do they put in this Granma, it tastes great!?"

"Oh, it's blood mainly...."

That was the last time I ever ate black sausage!

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 06:39 AM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

Ok. We have black sausage too. In exact translation. It is the local "thing" of the city of Tampere, about 150 kilometers away from me. Blood, yes. And it is quite good with strong mustard, but not a "must have" IMHO

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join