It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 17

page: 77
<< 74  75  76    78  79  80 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

PS - I like Brussels Sprouts.

You would try this, wouldn't you?

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

I showed my son how to do that a few years back!
Bad dad... I know, but again... it was funny!

(and we got the eat all of the ferrero rochers too!)

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Oh the time I lost to sprouts...

"You're going to sit there until you've eaten them young man! Your mother went to a lot of trouble for this meal!"

"Fine..."

"You'll have to eat them for breakfast then!"

"OK."

"You are going to eat these!"

"Sure. 3 days in the fridge has finally brought out their sublimely delicious flavour and now I'm going to eat them while singing the praises of my mother and her cooking skills."

I wasn't difficult as a child....

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Gordi, thank you for the chicken soup and tucking me in!

Fin, glad you enjoyed the pic with the saying. I find so many things I want to share with others in here and am never sure if people are enjoying them as much as I do.

Hello Skiddy! I saw that Brussel sprout trick before, but it still makes me chuckle.

Hello Light!

Hello to everyone everywhere!

Have a lovely day!

Almost that time...

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Hi Night , and anyone else * waves to shedittes*

Just hanging here looking for adventure ... sort of bored😏... thought I would throw up a very old school tune ( my favorite kind)

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 11:14 PM
link   
One more ... love her voice !

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Sitting here at the computer chair watching one of the live rail cams on Youtube. This one is in Ashland, Virginia along CSX Transportation's former Richmond, Fredericksburg, & Potomac's north and south double track mainline between Alexandria and Richmond, Virginia. Not much going on right now as only one train has passed the cam since I got on it and the live chat.

Did manage to get the rest of my videos from last weekend uploaded yesterday and what not.

Now I get to work on my video of the Kansas City Southern power coming through here yesterday.

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Guess what I did this morning...

I carved my very first spoon!

It was Chrissie's birthday the other day, and as part of her pressies... I bought her a curved knife for crafting bowls and spoons out of wood! (I know... I KNOW!!!)

The weather was nice (for a change) this morning, so we've been sat out in the garden with small off-cuts of a young Birch tree (which was blown over in the recent stormy weather), a machete and Chrissie's new curvy knife... whittling away to our hearts content.
What a relaxing way to spend a couple of hours!

Now all I need is a big bowl of home-made soup... to Stir! LOL

G

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 08:03 AM
link   

/me squints to discover the funny angle....

"Hi dear, I bought you a present! It will enable you to fashion eating implements and utensils that will in turn allow force you to spend even more time preparing food for me."

"Oh, by the way, I love you..."

Well played Spoonman!

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

hehe... (she runs a Forest School - teaching outdoor craft skills to groups of kids! and she LOVED her curvy knife present!!)

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Oh my gosh I love the curvy knife!
(make note to get one of those)
That would be a fantastic addition to my hiking/camping gear.
Good job on the spoon also.

*oops! Happy Bday to the missus!!!

edit on 29-10-2017 by TNMockingbird because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

Thank you birdy!

Just FYI - it was a MORA 162 double-edged spoon/bowl carving knife.
And it works GREAT!
G

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Yep, googled it!
Good price on Amazon...perhaps I'll drop a few hints around the house for Christmas LOL
They always say the never know what to get me and I always say I have all that I need/want.

The girls will love this!

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

I'd be happy with some socks and cologne. Boring but I need some new ones! dependable. As long as the socks are the right size and the cologne is a good one, I love surprises!

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   

That sounds cool and informative. I remember (with great fondness I should add) they sent a bunch of London schoolchildren to "go play in the country". It was to teach us how people lived before there was civillisation. They explained the gentle beginnings of agriculture (stealing your neighbours crops), animal-keeping (stealing your neighbours cow) and other things (stealing anything else your neighbour had).

Then we were tasked with starting a fire to cook with. Using flintstone, the sharp one. We were 10. After letting us mash and slice our fingers open with extremely sharp stones for a while the teacher lit our fire with a lighter. We were then allowed to return to our parents care malnourished, bleeding, scared and shivering from the cold. It was fun though!

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   

yeah, forest school is pretty much the same now, but we supply little baggies to put all of the bodily bits that they've hacked off in...

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   

A very good idea! There's nothing worse than body parts on the lawn attracting unwanted attention, scavengers and/or law enforcement. Plus it might scare off the new bunch of kids next week. Halloween is coming up...

P.S. Do I watch too many horror movies?

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Cool spoon!

I greatly appreciate that it is self-made from natural material and not some strange plastics compound imported from China.

I have been a bit silent at the shed lately. Lots of contemplating and very simple and basic things. Cleaning up, cooking, walking, meditation and such. So not much to tell you for now. And lately i have been so self-centered and focused on my mental pain, and now a better season going on, so now paying more attention towards others.

I check the shed many times daily though, and like all of your input. New week is starting, i hope it is a good week for all of you!

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Outstanding!
I'm so jealous, we never did raiding and pillaging tho.

Gordy every girl should have her own knives! Did you per chance remember to get her a sweet sharpening stone and honing oil? Or is that "for Christmas"?

Sheye we totally share a taste in music, at least so far....

Nightstar feel better soonest!
I've heard when Elves sneeze the glitter just goes EVERYWHERE!

It's cold and rainy here today, BUT! but I got the best "gift" ever!
Stray Black Kitty has popped herself up into the very warm and fuzzy blanket that was meant for the living room and is SLEEPING ON THE PORCH!!!!!

OMG!! running around in circles like I have my hair on fire!!!
She's HERE!!! She STAYED!!!!

This has been an ongoing 6 year slow speed drama with her. She shows up, she eats she leaves. She won't even eat until she hears the deadbolt snick on the door. In the past month she's been not running away when I get her food, but dancing or "twirling" as I call it while I "make her plate"

Warmed canned food with cat treats artfully sprinkles around cause yeah....the foods great at this restaurant but the service sucks!

She is completely feral but it's only been this year she greets me when I come home from work, no petting, just hello's and the impatient tapping of her tiny little paw of doom.

She usually eats and runs, or eats bathes and runs. None of this hanging out business. Last year I hadn't seen her but one day I came home to her sitting out front and up on the porch was a dead bird. "We trade for the food" was implied.

So that's the deal huh? You don't like me much, but decided to do a deal? I can live with that, I guess...

Before the screaming starts she hasn't bagged anymore birds. She's a good girl and has been busily mousing in my side yard. I strongly disapprove of bagging the birdies.

Anyway two weeks ago (slow speed saga, I have mentioned this) I was "plating" her dinner and she noticed the tub-o-treats and was dancing and squeeking, so I got brave and took a few and laid them down as a "starter" for her.

OMG!!!! SHE PATTED MY HAND!!!
With her little wild paw!!! No claws!!!

I was shocked, SHE was shocked!!

So I froze and went back to the normal routine since this was already past awkward.I was grinning and she was clearly embarrassed. Now today she is perched in a blanket nest and has claimed the porch. IN BROAD DAYLIGHT!!! She usually disappears in the light like a little black vampire. I just. can't. even...

SIX YEARS... it's taken 6 freakin years of me being nice to her. I'm happy and miffed all at the same time.
an teared up....sniff...sniff...
she's all dry and warm
Finally!!!

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

I can't feel feel somewhat concerned at your story. It took this poor defenseless animal in need 6 long years to train, guide and bend your will to hers? It's a very patient cat, that much I do know!

Then again, I've never heard of people warming up canned catfood. Her enchantment must be strong. No wonder she twirls and dances.

Congrats with your new friend!

new topics

top topics

<< 74  75  76    78  79  80 >>

join