It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 17

page: 66
<< 63  64  65    67  68  69 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Came in to catch up and laughed my way through to the end. Ahahaha! You guys are awesome!

Yes, it's afternoon for me and I have only been up for maybe an hour so...coffee, must have coffee.

Mark just fixed a friend's guitar and they are playing guitar in the other room. I love listening to them!

Hope all are well!

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver
The sound of a Siren could be heard in the not-too-distant distance. Her voice pierced the mist like a cold, sharp and cruel knife as it engulfed the surrounding waters with the ominous sound of moan and wail. The mainly manly sailors were filled with fear yet still they sailed on, raising all sails hoping to escape the terrible horror that threatened them from the murky mists. In the distance, the mist seemed to be clearing slightly... The mainly manly sailors headed towards it with heads and hopes held high...

Wow, that was great! Is WISter the siren?

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Well. I didn't want to go that far in the story but now you come to mention it...

brb, there's a knock at the door...

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Hi Night Star!! *waves*

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   

If ever such a thing as a magic bean existed on Earth, I think the coffee bean must be it. No matter how bad your day looks right now, coffee will only make it better.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

If I could flag a post ^^^ I would.

I can neither confirm nor deny Mrs. Shepherd has found me in a corner curled around my coffee mug, muttering "My precious... quietly to myself...
edit on 10-23-2017 by PrairieShepherd because: Oops, the Mrs. is NOT a Shepherdito! Gulp!

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Hello Shep!

Light...oh yes coffee!!!! Speaking of which...be right back, need another cup.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Hi Night Star. How are the colors in New England?

As I told Chirp in another thread, they peaked here a week or two ago. They're calling for snow on Friday.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   

I'm still in preparation state (read: I need to do some washing-up first) but it will be chicken showarma spiced by my local Halal butcher with a small bucket of garlic sauce. (I am not a muslim btw, it's just good stuff and a good shop) I forgot to buy the flatbreads they sell! They are a very nice and welcoming people. The butcher calls me Rambo. I have no idea why because he is bigger than me with a huge knife but it's funny and meant well. I never argue with a large knife held by an even larger man, smiling and nodding...

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: PrairieShepherd

Getting colorful around here Sir Shep!

You're getting snow?????? OMG too early! It's gorgeous today with absolutely perfect weather! Love it!

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Rambo? Does this mean we can give you a new nickname now?

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   

I weigh less than 140 lb's. Take a guess...

ETA I'm 140 lb's and six feet tall.
edit on 23/10/17 by LightSpeedDriver because: Clarification

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Ok, we will stick with Light. LOL

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Yup, snow. And they're not kidding either, although it won't stick around long I'm sure. Check out the low temp Friday night.

1. Thursday - A 20 percent chance of rain after 1pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 49. Breezy, with a west northwest wind 10 to 15 mph increasing to 20 to 25 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 45 mph.
  2. Thursday Night - A chance of rain before 10pm, then a chance of rain and snow between 10pm and 11pm, then snow likely after 11pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 27. Blustery, with a northwest wind 20 to 25 mph, with gusts as high as 40 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
  3. Friday - A slight chance of snow, mixing with rain after 11am, then gradually ending. Mostly sunny, with a high near 38. Breezy, with a northwest wind 15 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
  4. Friday Night - Partly cloudy, with a low around 23. West wind 5 to 10 mph.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Sheddizens - I have been quite remiss in notifying the Shed that a few more episodes of Falling have been posted. As always, you can use the link in my signature to get to the beginning of the story, or if you're caught up you can use these links to get to the new posts:

123 - Recovery
124 - A New Plan
125 - Prelude

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Glad my temps for the week look great. You can have your low temps and snow. LOL

How are the Shepherditos doing?

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Well, a nasty cold worked its way through the entire Shepherd family, including Grandpa and Grandma Shepherd. We are all coming out of it for the most part, though. The Shepherditos rebounded first, of course. Oh to have the energy of a child again. *sigh*

They were Daddy's Helpers on Friday - I took the day off work to perform maintenance around our house and property to prepare for winter - clearly it was not too early. Sheesh! So they were helping paint garage door trim, helping Mommy with the fall garden preparation, helping me clean gutters up on the roof, fastening down boards and the railing on our walkway, etc. They were real troopers and a lot of help.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 05:31 PM
link   
There's a Brand New Halloween Stories Thread up!
(Just for fun! No contest.)

LINKY HERE

Spooktacular!

G

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Wow, your kids sound wonderful! They actually help with stuff. LOL Seriously, they do sound wonderful.

Glad everyone is getting over being sick.

Waiting for Chinese food to be delivered here.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gordi The Drummer
There's a Brand New Halloween Stories Thread up!
(Just for fun! No contest.)

LINKY HERE

Spooktacular!

G

Oh how cool! Gave you a flag and a star. I have been so bad with reading or writing anything, but that sure looks like fun!

top topics

<< 63  64  65    67  68  69 >>

join