It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 17

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

How do you get such long gifs?

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358
fluid dram A unit of liquid volume or capacity in the US Customary System equal to 1/8 of a fluid ounce (3.70 milliliters).

Best answer I could get as to what a dram was ... and you want a wee one?
Night Star could drink you under the table at that rate!

P

There are only TWO things that statement tells me pheonix...
1. US measures are tiny & crap!
and
2. Your search skills (or search engine) are totally crap too! LOL

In Scotland...
A "wee" dram is an indeterminate (but VERY LARGE) amount of Single Malt Scotch Whisky... usually followed by several other wee drams, because it's very lonely being a single wee dram all alone in the world! (Honest!!)

edit on 1-10-2017 by Gordi The Drummer because: fix quotes

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tarzan the apeman.
Sure that wasn't your hand you put in the warm water? Have you been drinking? If so you better check.

It could've been since I have been.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
Whispers in her ancient language a spell for Mason. Oh look, a frog!

*eats frog's legs*

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gordi The Drummer

originally posted by: pheonix358
fluid dram A unit of liquid volume or capacity in the US Customary System equal to 1/8 of a fluid ounce (3.70 milliliters).

Best answer I could get as to what a dram was ... and you want a wee one?
Night Star could drink you under the table at that rate!

P

There are only TWO things that statement tells me pheonix...
1. US measures are tiny & crap!
and
2. Your search skills (or search engine) are totally crap too! LOL

In Scotland...
A "wee" dram is an indeterminate (but VERY LARGE) amount of Single Malt Scotch Whisky... usually followed by several other wee drams, because it's very lonely being a single wee dram all alone in the world! (Honest!!)

I'll be having a "few" wee drams tomorrow night as I'm in Glasgow for 2 days...

I'll raise my glass to you all before flying back to France to save as many frogs as possible from Augustus.

Warmest

Lags

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Pheew, so i truly had my physical excercise today. Jumping around on trampolines and going through labyrints and stuff. It was this indoor playing ground type of a thing, only the kids have to be paid in, adults can just walk right in. How can a three year old girl be in better shape than a 35 year old grown man? I have sometimes watched when she runs around and plays, and thought that if i could have 1% of that energy, i would accomplish way more in life in general.

Sauna is warming up, beer is open and a bag of star shaped potato chips open, flavored "sourcream and ranch"

If i had any frogs, i would invite AugustusMasonicus.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Finspiracy
If i had any frogs, i would invite AugustusMasonicus.

if you had beer he would show up.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye
River walked into the forest feeling the cool dew of the grass soothing her feet.....

I'm LOVING that story entry Sheye,
Well Done YOU!

G

Thanks so much Gordie... I have lots to learn about writing , but it's been fun practicing. Will most likely work on it a bit more later this evening , if I feel like it .

Have an awesome day ... and thanks again for taking the time to read, and for the encouragement.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Whispers in her ancient language a spell for Mason. Oh look, a frog!

*eats frog's legs*

#frogslivesmatter

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lagomorphe

Warmest

Lags

< PERK >
Glasgow for a few drams you say?

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Tdawg and Anteros stepped through the portal and beheld a old home that was…new.

“There are a lot more denizens here than before. This place has grown. I like it.” Anteros said.

“You’re an old softie Anty, you like almost everything new,” TDawg replied, “And they’re not Denizens, they’re People.”

Anteros chuckled, “Now be play nice, you don’t know everyone here anymore…they may even try to hug you.” Anteros broke out laughing knowing how much TDawg hated hugs.

Tdawg shuddered. It would be nice to renew old acquaintances, but he could deal without the hugs. Handshakes, High Fives he could deal with, but hugs? He shuddered again.

Tdawg glared at Anteros, “Don’t you be encouraging them Anty, I’m just here for a short time and I have to get back to do some more work. I just want to say Hi and let my old buds know I haven’t forgot them.”

“Ho-Ho, you may just well make some new friends as well while you’re here.” Just then a Fairy flew up and kissed Anteros on the nose. “Ah! Get away from me! Where is my weapon?!”, he grabbed for his belt.

“That’s a fly swatter Anty and you are not to use it on Fairies, Pixies or anything else smaller than you. They live here too, ya know. Besides, they’re small, what can they do to you? Besides, this realm is the only realm you have form, back home, you’re my muse, so appreciate the moment.”

It was Anteros’s turn to glare at TDawg, “They tickle me. I despise being tickled. And now you call me your muse!? Just the other day you called me your conscience. I thought I was your friend. I’m starting to have a hard time fathoming your thinking. Most times you’re stuck in the other realm and then you come here and you’re different.”

“Well you should know the old saying, “When in Rome…” TDawg quipped. “And now you know why I don’t like hugs.”

Anteros looked puzzled, “When in Rome, I did as I pleased and I don’t see how tickling and hugs are the same. What’s your point?”

“You did as you pleased in Rome and it ended up getting you cursed for eternity as a spirit and stranded on an island until the good people here freed you, so you owe them one and regardless of whether tickles or hugs makes us uncomfortable…well, that’s our problem. How come you have no problem with Dragons?”

“Dragons are noble creatures and…”

“Really! Noble!? All of them? I seem to recall a incident or two where they weren’t so noble. In this realm, just as in all the others, there is good and bad. It’s just that in this realm, the good for the most part outweighs the bad…so that’s a good thing, dontcha think?”

Anteros looked sheepish. “Well Dragons for the most part are fairly large, so I try not to antagonize them, they can be cantankerous when provoked.”

TDawg laughed and slapped Anteros on the back. “C’mon, let’s go greet old friends and maybe make new ones. A new adventure awaits us my friend!”

Anteros rolled his eyes. “That’s what I’m afraid of,” he muttered. He squared his shoulders and took a deep breath. “Let’s be off then.”

And together they strode off into the forest while a flight of Fairies swarmed around them in greeting.

“GET OFF ME!”
edit on 1-10-2017 by TDawgRex because: Had to

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

Welcome Home Doug!

G

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   

#frogslivesmatter

No they don't.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Warmest

Lags

< PERK >
Glasgow for a few drams you say?

Yep

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   

#frogslivesmatter

No they don't.

Too many bones... gimme gastropods any day Nom nom nom...

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   

#frogslivesmatter

No they don't.

Gastropods give me gas....and pods.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Long pork is my meat of choice.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Continued from Shed 16 page 182

When the Elf had run into the forest, it was because she and Lucid were out numbered and she feared for their safety. She needed time to think. She should have known that the young warrior wouldn't back down. Impressed by his stealth and agility, his bravery and fierce determination, she still worried. She knew she couldn't let him face the malevolent beings alone.

It was then that she heard Gordi calling to her and she sighed with relief. When she stepped out from the tree, she could see him and also her old friend Troll and there was an unfamiliar dwarf and pixie with them. There would be plenty of time for introductions but now was not the time. With sword in hand she ran out to where the action was. Together, her companions were a force of strength and power. Her protective spell was waning so they only had each other to rely on until she could gather her magical power again if needed. Besides the strange creatures and hooded figure, there was still trouble ahead.

Accasia was usually a place of peace and sanctuary against the world, sacred and cherished by many. As with any realm, there would always be evil forces at play and would need the protection of the light warriors to guard them. The sky darkened, filled with bolts of flashing light. Between the darkness and purple mist, it set an eerie scene. In the distance she could see Storm and he brought other dragons with him. She spotted Wolf and Hugo the winged wildcat and Pesky riding upon his back. Even Jojopo the goblin was in sight.

Nothing would stand in their way. With her Shed friends and companions by her side, she felt her pride swell.

edit on 1-10-2017 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I'm catching up in here and OMG, you all make me marvel at how wonderful you all are! I'll be here in a while to make replies. Just know that I loved the stories, the shed songs, the re-appearance of Dawg after such a long absence, the posts that warmed my heart or made me smile and laugh. Love to you all!

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   

I'm catching up in here and OMG, you all make me marvel at how wonderful you all are!

Yeah well if we are all wonderful then you will fit right in! Let's all be wonderful. Elves and fairies always around to be safe and sound, right?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join