It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 17

page: 52
<< 49  50  51    53  54  55 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: LucidWarrior

There isn't a single thing that you have ever written that didn't blow me away! Most impressive and filled with imagery and eloquence! I loved this so much, as I always do young Warrior! You really should stop by more often as you are terribly missed when you are gone. Thank you for the story entry! Hugs!

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I know I haven't really been in here and I apologize for that.
Winding down with some Dire Straits and others....

Forgot about shooting this a few weeks ago up at New Martinsville while waiting for the yard crew to start switching cars in and out. A railfan's view of a train through the viewfinder of a camera.

edit on 19-10-2017 by gimmefootball400 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 12:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: jacygirl
I actually usually pep up once I start talking to someone in here. I hope the days of "too hurt/upset to speak" are over because that really is painful and makes my friends worry.

Yes, it makes them worry (i am your online friend) but way more worrying would be if i sense you are keeping it all inside, letting the pain build up. It bursts out eventually and more otfen than not, it is not a beautiful sight.

Keep writing here. The good stuff, the bad stuff, and the normal stuff.

I also find shed better than therapist. Therapists are automatic nodders asking you "how do you feel about this and that" without even caring about the answer, they are there for salary and sometimes for control. Furry things are the best therapists, my friends two cats have heard everything when i am alone with them. They usually look at me like "Stop your human dilemmas, look at us, we eat our food and then take 8 naps and eat more, zero f's given"

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Chooch!!!!!!! Glad you came out of the bushes to join us for a moment. The vids were lovely with the music and breath taking scenery. Thank you!

Fin, I feel the same way about letting things out and not letting them build up inside. I guess everyone has their own way of dealing with things, but I always feel better after releasing what is pent up inside. The Shed folks are sincere and really do care very much about each other. You are a kind and caring soul. I think we'll keep you. LOL

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Dammit I missed seeing Night Star with a lampshade on her head!

With regards to the vibe here, I think it is due to the fact that we are older and wiser. Well, older in any case. Life throws things at ya and sometimes I just can't catch! LOL

"Ah well, maybe next time that kick in the teeth will properly connect. More luck tomorrow Life! Neener neener..."

I guess a certain fatalism and realism get mixed in with our wishes and hopes and dreams which makes us more accepting of others and their problems and personalities. When I was younger, I was a lot more introverted than now, at least in certain actions and interactions. Once I turned 40, something changed in my head. I learned not to care too much about the things I used to. Money? Pffft! A "good" job? Pffft! Holidays? Pffft! (My first and last true holiday was in 2000 or 2001) Other people's first impression of me or my appearance? Pffft!

I'm still quite the introvert just less unsure or perhaps uncaring of how others perceive me now. The first thing they see is the hair and I like it that way just fine.
I can talk to complete strangers now (something I never could 10 or 20 years ago!) and they often tell me their whole life story freely. It's weird but I'm fine with that. I have no idea what other people think when they first see me but I get the feeling they don't take an immediate dislike. "Oh look, it's that older guy with the weird colour hair again...." At least I'm not shouting gibberish at random passers-by like John used to do when he lived in this building.

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

Hi Light! (and everybody),
I'm here having my morning coffee and then it's time to return to reality (which means me throwing out/packing stuff today).

I agree with what you said about getting older, but I've always been pretty Pffft! about money and material items. I find that I'm not really fitting in anymore in this current society, I actually care more about people and animals than stuff.

I also like going out without make-up and hair done these days...it's kind of nice to be invisible. I'm not trying to impress anybody and actually can't be bothered to try.

I think we should plan a date for us older members to gather on the front porch of The Shed and shout gibberish at the passers-by (or members going into other threads, lol). I have a bunch of stale soggy donuts we can throw at them too.
jacy

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

I'll drink the alcohol and do the crazy shouting, you just have to sit there and look all unmanicured and uninterested while pretending to eat soggy donuts. I really think we could scare all the people away, especially if Night Star is there wearing her lampshade. Failing that, Gordi could be added to the mix, as long as he is wearing his kilt and playing his bagpipes. (I assume like all good Scots, he has a set somewhere, just in case...)

Failing that, Finspiracy could be also present, naked and sweating in his outside sauna. I think we could give Hill-Billy's and Red Necks a good scary run for their money!

edit on 19/10/17 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Well I just pictured that all in my head and had a rather loud laugh-snort at the thought.

I imagine all the different threads as houses, and sitting on the Shed porch I wave as members go past. I wonder if some of them get upset at all the loud parties we throw...? (I also pelt donuts at the people who go into the "Mandela Effect" threads just to argue, lol.)

Dang, I'm supposed to go be productive now. It was lovely seeing you here Light...I hope you (and everyone) are having a good day, and I will hopefully be back for my next coffee/smoke break.

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

That sounds awesome! I will have to look into it. OJ (short for Orange Juice, orange tabby) is one of the sweetest cats I have ever been around! I would love to have the option to bring her inside. I'm not sure if she and our inside cat, Ralph, will get along. He slips out every once in a while, and she's gotten him on one occasion.

Regardless, I want to give it a shot. Thanks for the tip!

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Errollorre

Hello everyone.
Sorry for my absence.
But I had a good reason.
As much as I enjoy the Shed,
I was no longer content to visit it by means of cyberspace.
I decided to take my physical self and attempt to actually walk to the Shed.
(With the help of an interdemensional portal of course.)
My journey took several days.
Two days to get to Accasia and two days to return.
The trip was full of peril.
It did not however turn out quite as I anticipated.
I took video of my attempted journey and I put it here now as a lesson for those attempting to cross over to the land of wonder and magic.

I want to thank everyone for the positive comments on my video and my songs.
I also want to apologize for my slow response to those comments.
I have posted before how I am not very good at being a participant of any social media.
In other words.. I suck.

If you think i'm bad here, you should see me on facebook.
I have very little, practically no interaction with anyone.
I'm a bit like my avatar.
I sit in the corner observing and enjoying the activities and posts of everyone here.
Then occasionally I stand up and do a Fred Astaire like song and dance on the bar and and everyone's tables, finish, and then resume my seat in the corner as if nothing happened.
Sorry.

But I do appreciate everyone and their kindness and contributions.

So again,
my apologize for slow or no responses from me...and my thanks to you all.

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver

... Failing that, Gordi could be added to the mix, as long as he is wearing his kilt and playing his bagpipes. (I assume like all good Scots, he has a set somewhere, just in case...) ...

Sorry Light.... I'm not allowed a set of pipes ever since the... "Molesting an Octopus in his Tartan PJ's" incident (and I'm not supposed to talk about that until the court case is resolved)... Hey It's an EASY MISTAKE to MAKE!!! It was dark and I'd had a few drams...

The Kilt - I Can Do! (So long as Jacy keeps her hands to herself... this time...)

Also... I'm wondering where Nightstars lamp switch is located?? THAT could cause an incident too I'll wager!

G

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I got a good chuckle with the posts in here today. LOL!

Hello everyone! I'll be on the porch rocking in my chair if anyone needs me.

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Oh...Chirp wants me to send my love to everyone. She will be back home when she can. YAY!!!!!

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Oh I understand.

"T'was a dark and stormy night...." Say no more!

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   

LOL!

Hiya Light! How are you today? I'm just doing the mundane like laundry and having coffee.

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Coffee sounds good. I have none. I won't kill a grandma for it though. I'm not that addicted to it...

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   

LOL! I'm like a zombie without my coffee. It's sort of a priority around here.

Good Lord, my cats likes to talk! He has been fed, gave him hugs and kisses and still...

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   
It's early yet, but...

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

We should stuff pumpkins with helpless cats and roast them?

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   

NOOOOOO! I have roasted pumpkin seeds though.

new topics

top topics

<< 49  50  51    53  54  55 >>

join