It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 17

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

Ah, the lovely Wis, wise woman of the Shedlands. I see you are flirting with the Scotsman again. You know it will go to his head right? Lovely to see you Sweetie! Now tell us a story around the fire.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: randomtangentsrme
a reply to: Night Star

I thank you and perhaps I might step out of the shadows again.

Sounds like a plan. Make it so.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 11:30 PM
link   
River wiggled her toes in the cool dew of the grass , and looked down at the angelic face of Riverbabe.She was sleeping soundly , tired after the long , and often stomach lurching trip. She smiled at herself as she thought of how Riverbabe got her name. She had met Jack at the poker tables , and had been known to fish till the river. Her mother had called her River because she had been concieved on a beautiful historical river, but it was Jack who had named the child she had nourished and grown , and loved deeply for nine months in her womb. River had won many high stakes poker tournaments , often on the river card , and her " river luck" rose so high during pregnancy, that Jack would joke that it was because of " RiverBabe" inside of her. She had won them a small fortune, and Jack had insisted they call the child RiverBabe, and so it became so.
Looking down at RiverBabe , River felt pangs of confusion and regret, and wondered if she had done the right thing by leaving Jack behind. All she had to do was think about how he had carelessly gambled all the savings from her winnings , and how hard she had worked to help provide for the family. The long commutes, the surmountable hours that she was away from her child, and on top of that , the feeling that strangers were having more influence on her child's development than she was. Jack had been selfish and cruel, taunting her with threats, and she began to feel better about her decision to leave.
From the edge of the forest River heard the sound of a beautiful penny whistle , along with the rumbles of slow contented happy laughter. She had met Sheye on the boat, yet had been to timid to follow her into the forest. Riverbabe had seemed very tired and a wee bit ill, so she had decided to stay on the edge and let her daughter rest. She leaned back on a tree, took a deep breath of the crisp pine laden air of the forest and began to relax, as she listened to the music in the distance. "Yes" , she thought to herself , " I made the right choice".

edit on 30-9-2017 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-9-2017 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

Thank you for writing again Sheye! Hey, I see you figured out the color font thingy. LOL Keep up the good work! I want to see how your story unfolds.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Feeling a small fluttering near her nose , River opened her eyes from slumber. She had had a sad dream, and it brought her guilt and remorse. Jack had been crying , and in a panic as to where they were. Gypsy moth was fluttering around her face and spoke to her. " Don't fear. I can go inform him where you are , and if he wishes to see you , we can arrange for him to be brought here by a dragon, ot other ways. Even for a visit . I will go immediately to tell him you and the child are fine and in a good place. "
" Thank you so much Gypsy . You read my mind and my heart . You are a dear friend". River heard the soft giggles of her daughter, and looked down to see a small winged creature, resembling a human ,with tiny pointed ears flitting about. " That is a pixie " , said Gypsy , " and they will not hurt you , though they may tease you and play harmless mind games at times . They can be very entertaining , and on a whole are very benevolent creatures".River smiled as the pixie landed on Riverbabe's nose , and her daughter giggled in delight.Then suddenly the sky broke open and a fresh , clean rain began to pour , quickly getting them wet . Gypsy swept off on her mission, and the pixie started fluttering about , then in a small and delicate voice , said " follow me " . They quckly followed the pixie into a cave not far from the path they had been on . It was cool and damp , but dry , and River was grateful for the aide of another new friend.

" Thank you ",she said to the pixie, relieved that they would not get totally soaked. It was then that she heard the low warbled growl. The pixie flew off , and River froze , the blood racing through her viens as she tried to think of what sort of beast could chase the pixie away so quickly.

edit on 1-10-2017 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 12:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

Thank you for writing again Sheye! Hey, I see you figured out the color font thingy. LOL Keep up the good work! I want to see how your story unfolds.

Thanks for the encouragement and the advice on color Night.. the story is sort of dorky so far , but I do have plans for it and she will meet a few creatures before she even gets to the middle of the forest . Thank goodness for the benevolent creatures, or she would most definately be regretting her choice ... lol

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 12:41 AM
link   

GAH! A beast! I wonder what kind of beast????? I am enjoying your story very much.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 01:11 AM
link   
and so our "hero" regains consciousness in his trusty wheelbarrow to the sight of a glimmering fairy.

our confused hero shouts DB? where is augustus!? my kidney better not be missing again!
the fairy replies "no you strange man, you are in a wondrous place, the abode of the magical shed"
''a place where elves frolic gayly and dragons scamper happily about from morn til eventide he giggled "

is that a mushroom outhouse our hero wondered?
how much orc whiskey had he drank?
"No matter" he boomed at the lightloafered fairy, "take me to the nearest tavern! or i shall do things most un-Fairy Tale like to you.
and off they went on a wondrous adventure to find the "magical hair of the dog that bit him"

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Try listening to these rain sounds when you read this post . It may , or may not ( 😏) enhance the atmosphere.

As River's blood continued to race through her viens , she quickly grabbed RiverBabe , and swooped her in close to her pounding heart. Then she heard what seemed like a long low mournful howl, followed by another warbled growl. Something about the sound of the next howel made River realize that this was a creature in pain, and part of her fear turned to concern, as she hated to see any human or animal in torture or pain. Even RiverBabe picked up on the plaintive cries of this mysterious unknown beast, and looked up at her mother and said " big doggie has owie ?".

"Yes, big doggie has owie " answered River, not wanting her young child to feel panic. If only it wasn't raining so hard, but maybe the pixie would come back with help , or at least show them the way into the forest. She thought about the unknown animal and wished in her heart she could help , but it was dark in the cave , and she wasn't a vet, so she felt very limited in what she could do to help. She lay her head back against the cold dark wall of the cave, holding her daughter close , until the rythym of the rain lulled her to sleep. River kept listening to the low painful howling, followed by that same warbled growl, and shivered as the discomfort flooded her body. She hoped it would quit raining soon , or at least the break of day would come. She thiught about the pixie , and how it would be impossible for them to fly in the rain with such delicate wings . River sighed , and slowly succumbed to the sounds of falling rain, as her eyelids slowly shut.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 01:37 AM
link   
a reply to: dashen

Hey there Dashen! OMG, I loved your post! Ahahaha!
"The tavern is that way." Night points to the left.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Hun, as late as it is for me, I am talking to a couple of friends. One on Skype and one on facebook. Oooops, the skype one called on the phone and I can only type with one finger. I shall return when I can to listen to the vid and read your story entry.

Since you are on the night shift, make sure the dragons are on guard duty along with Shadow our Wolf Lord.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 02:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

Hun, as late as it is for me, I am talking to a couple of friends. One on Skype and one on facebook. Oooops, the skype one called on the phone and I can only type with one finger. I shall return when I can to listen to the vid and read your story entry.

Since you are on the night shift, make sure the dragons are on guard duty along with Shadow our Wolf Lord.

I'm off to lala land .. sorry .. wont be doing any night duty .. lol

The story is moving at a slow pace anyhow, so don't worry about not reading it at this point. Won't take long to catch up. This is my first attempt at writing fiction like this , so it needs work and probably much better grammar . lol

Again, thanks for the encouragement , and enjoy the visit with your friends 🙂

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 03:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye
River walked into the forest feeling the cool dew of the grass soothing her feet.....

I'm LOVING that story entry Sheye,
Well Done YOU!

G

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 03:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: WalkInSilence

Sir, if I may bring this to your attention. I can, at all most no cost, provide your Highness with an excellent "relocation package". All expenses are cared for out of pocket and WI's will guarantee you will arrive in "splendor".

"almost" no cost.... "almost".... uh huh, you think I'm falling for that one.... AGAIN???
Anyways - I don't want to arrive in Splendor... I want to Arrive IN THE SHED!!!

The pixies are terribly busy providing sufficient "dust" to all the new comers and have no time for "frequent flyers". They are very busy people.

Fairy Nuff!

(Frequent Flyer!!!! BWahahaaaaa!!!! THAT IS GOOOD!)

Oh well, what can you do but be on with it?
Please do, we anticipate your seventieth coming. I am only on my fourteenth.

Jings Wummin! Ah'm only Human!..... no, hang on....

Have "The Chair" Sir, there is room to share with creatures of all kinds in this beloved realm.

Perhaps some will spin a tale in the warm light of the fire. Enjoying a wee dram or a grand feast.
Rock in your chair Sir, et the tune with the Light of a Night Star.

Welcome Home.

You're being nice to me WIS???
I'm just waiting for the "PUNCH" line now!!!
Is my drink spiked?
LOL

THANK YOU!

I can assure you that it's VERY much appreciated!

Now, I believe there was mention of a wee dram....?

Gx

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 06:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Now, I believe there was mention of a wee dram....?

fluid dram A unit of liquid volume or capacity in the US Customary System equal to 1/8 of a fluid ounce (3.70 milliliters).

Best answer I could get as to what a dram was ... and you want a wee one?

Night Star could drink you under the table at that rate!

P

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Errollorre, Aria and Troll step into Shed 17.
"It smell like Shed 16". said Troll.
"The Shed regenerates but maintains it's best features." said Aria.
"Troll wish it keep toilet smells and lose elf flowers stink." said Troll.
"Ha!" said Errollorre. "Every time I enter a fresh Shed I feel like singing!"

and so he does.......

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Hi!

I just slept for 12 hours straight, something that very rarely happens. Drinking my coffee now, and soon i will be heading out with my friend and his 3 year old daughter. I like them both very much.

Editing: well it might have been ten hours or something, but nevertheless. constant sleep without a single interruption. Usually i wake up a few times at night. Then take a leak or smoke a cigarette and go back to sleep.
edit on 1-10-2017 by Finspiracy because: sleep times

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Gordi laughs picks up a guitar and begin to sing!

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Errollorre
A new shed!!

Yous guys and your songs are
Perfect.

Now, let's see how the movers managed with my stuff.

Fantastic

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 07:41 AM
link   
A new Shed already?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join