It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 17

page: 42
<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

Yeah, ^^^^ this.
It's often much more about the person making the comment.

Stress and losing weight: I graduated high school at 155 pounds (I'm not a big guy). By my final year of college I was up to 195. I split up with my fiancée and finished college at 165 - lost 30 lbs due to stress and simply not eating. Not a good way to lose weight. I don't recommend it.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: PrairieShepherd

Yes, an honest answer and I can relate to it. What kind of person immediately accuses someone of something that is completely out of their character...and absolutely not happening?

I do lose weight to stress too, lose appetite and don't really notice. But having teeth that hurt...that is something I'm completely aware of. Having nowhere to chew that isn't going to set off a nerve and drop me to my knees means almost a liquid diet and loss of nutrition.

A lot of people have bad teeth and can relate to that too I've found.

I think these folks who love to jump to conclusions and then assume they're correct...should wear hard hats so they don't hurt themselves. They do a lot of jumping.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

OMG, that is not a hedgehog after all. It's one of my cats.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye
That was beautiful WIS... but I have no tales to tell this evening. Perhaps another evening.🙂

Thank you, it is just words floating on a train of thought.
But you do have a tale. Every time you share your heart your dreams a smile and a hug, you have told a tale. A story to read for those with a heart.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Nice to see so many people were here chatting away today. My friend and I did a lot of running around and I am soooo tired and in so much pain I can't stand it. I actually cried I felt so bad for myself. How pathetic is that?

Anyway, I love you all, but I am going to lie down in another room and watch a movie and rest for a while.

If anyone leaves me a PM, I will respond as soon as I can. Hugs!

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: jacygirl

.....Having nowhere to chew that isn't going to set off a nerve and drop me to my knees means almost a liquid diet and loss of nutrition.
A lot of people have bad teeth and can relate to that too I've found.

I can relate. The cost of maintenance and repair is unsurpassable in this country. I can't afford to have the last two bad ones pulled so I will just wait until I faint or die of blood poisoning. This is reality for people in low wage jobs in the richest country in the world.
I was in the ER three times with severe infections and had puss extracted. All they could do was give me antibiotics best wishes and a bill. Oh, and "See a dentist soon"
The pain is excruciating, and a fluid diet was all I could handle for months back then. I finally had several pulled with aid from my church. Not a pretty sight now.

I think these folks who love to jump to conclusions and then assume they're correct...should wear hard hats so they don't hurt themselves.

I have no clue who you are referring to, but people like that are in dire need of protection around me. "I am the bed rock you just hit"
Perfectly decent looking people make perfect assumptions about people who's shoes they can't fit. They don't have a clue in their protected cocoons that have never been touched by misfortune.

They do a lot of jumping.

All ways "assuming" some one is there to catch them.
Guess what? I will be there. Look them in the eye and say "You didn't expect this after all the contempt and loathing you showed me" No one else is there because "their kind" abhors failure.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: WalkInSilence

That was beautiful WIS... but I have no tales to tell this evening. Perhaps another evening.🙂

Thank you, it is just words floating on a train of thought.
But you do have a tale. Every time you share your heart your dreams a smile and a hug, you have told a tale. A story to read for those with a heart.

... and a lovely train of thought it was. I may try that method of transportation to the next Shed thread... the ships were lovely indeed , if not a little rough at some points 😉. I think taking a lovely train of thought will be my way through the next portal. 🙂

I'm trying to give up smoking cigarettes... day two ... feeling restless and a bit edgy .. lol
Hopefully I can kick this ridiculously stupid addiction, because I'm really starting to make my myself very angry at myself.

I so much want to be a non smoker , and I know I can get there eventually.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 10:02 PM
link   

I'm trying to give up smoking cigarettes... day two ..
Hopefully I can kick this ridiculously stupid addiction, because I'm really starting to make my myself very angry at myself.

Oh my, what a goal. Day two? That is a grand start. To me it sounds like running a marathon and you are within the first mile. I couldn't do it.
Why are you angry? Because you smoke? Start imagining your self as something else. What is it like with out your "little friend"
Or are you angry because it is so hard? Same procedure.
Good luck, keep us updated.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gordi The Drummer

A difference in viewpoints is NOT irritating!!!! Damn I hate that... it's so.... irri... no... hang on...

Oh dear, look who has been powdered in pixie dust and dropped in a grand keg of ale.
Contradicting himself and trying to make sense at the same time.
Well isn't that a signature we all recognize.
Cheers Mate. I hope your hangover is grand, whilst Chrissie wakes you in the wee hours.

She must be a grand Lass considering her immaculate patients.

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 02:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night StarMy friend and I did a lot of running around and I am soooo tired and in so much pain I can't stand it. I actually cried I felt so bad for myself. How pathetic is that?

Not pathetic at all. You got exhausted. Now have a good rest and then come back to chat with us here, stronger than ever!

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 02:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: SheyeI'm trying to give up smoking cigarettes... day two ... feeling restless and a bit edgy .. lol

Good luck! (does luck have anything to do with this?) well, have power to resist the need for nicotine!

"Ridiculously stupid addiction" great description!

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Ok time to score a perfect hat-trick and make three posts in a row.

So i just read that Driver has been called "homo" due to hair color and jacy has been called a "crack head" due to low weight.

First of all, wtf?

Second of all, it tells a lot more about the shouters than it tells about driver or jacy. Shouters probably felt so miserable about themselves that they tried to make others feel miserable too "If i can't be happy, no one else can be happy too"

Third, let's assume driver is a homo and jacy is a crack head, so what? it is their lives and their decisions and traits, and no one should make low level remarks about that.

My god... so if one is a homo and other one uses crack, who gets harmed? (well ok crack is very bad stuff but it is the users body... if one has to rob car stereos to support the habit then it becomes more serious) It is not like punching a random dude in the face just for the sake of it.

Yep. Needed to ventilate this one out of my system. Now time to let someone else have a word.

With respect to all shed members
Fin

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 03:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: jacygirl

originally posted by: Gordi The Drummer

Couple of glasses of wine...
Janice is away home now and Chrissie has gone to bed... so.....

...so...now you're going to put on the metallic wig and rock out in The Shed???

I'm *nodding yes*, are you *nodding yes* too?

I went to bed!!! (obviously...... LOL)

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 04:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: WalkInSilence

"A difference in viewpoints is NOT irritating!!!! Damn I hate that... it's so.... irri... no... hang on...
"

Oh dear, look who has been powdered in pixie dust and dropped in a grand keg of ale.
Contradicting himself and trying to make sense at the same time.
Well isn't that a signature we all recognize.
Cheers Mate. I hope your hangover is grand, whilst Chrissie wakes you in the wee hours.

She must be a grand Lass considering her immaculate patients.

Uhm.... It was a joke. (I'll send you a postcard in advance next time so you have time to "get it!)

PS - "Patience"
I'll keep you WRITE!!! ROFL

Have you noticed that I'm feeling naughty today!!!

@Jacy & Shep...
Let it be known that I did NOT post an image of myself in a ridiculous metallic mullet wig, posing with leopardskins and an inflatable guitar!!!

There's NO WAY that's metallic!

HAPPY WEEKEND!
G

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 05:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Wig... check!
Leopardskin top....check!
Pink guitar...check!
Fishnet glove...check!
Striking pose....check!

Congratulations, you have just won the competition!

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 05:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

For a Finnish person you speak incredibly good English. Respect!

As far as people go, it's all good. I do look strange compared to regular folk but that's purely intentional. It has it's advantages too. Nobody wants to sit next to me on public transport is one of the first things I noticed. Hilarious! The funnier thing I find to be is that when I start interacting with people (or vice versa) all of a sudden they realise I am not who they thought I was or react in a way they hadn't expected. I am polite, well-spoken (albeit with a fairly detectable English accent when speaking Dutch) and lucid. Oh, I'm 6 feet tall and weigh 65 kilos, so could be mistaken for a crack-head too (I don't eat so well, no crack involved). It's funny to see people's preconceived ideas of what they think I am evaporate and disperse before their own eyes. I do get the odd compliment too. The so-called insult I take as a compliment too because the colour still works and people rarely forget me.
And it was the first time ever.

I don't know what to do. It's growing, fading and looking unkempt but I am almost at pony-tail length again. Yay! I've had hair down to my ass since my late teens and I like hair. Well, while I still have it anyway. I cut it once when I was about 30 for a job. Now I feel like I am at a junction again. To grow or not to grow?

ETA Because

edit on 14/10/17 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 06:32 AM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

Hehe !!

I walked into a bottle shop one night, in full fancy dress as a bikie. Scars, tatts, leather jacket with patch, skull earring ... the works ( I look a bit like one anyway ).

I was treated with the utmost respect and selflessness by all in that small shop.

Two people let me go first !

Quite an eye opener to see how one is treated based on looks alone.

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 06:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver

Wig... check!
Leopardskin top....check!
Pink guitar...check!
Fishnet glove...check!
Striking pose....check!

Congratulations, you have just won the competition!

YAY!!
But, but..... you.... missed..... the Dog Collar!!! LOL

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 06:44 AM
link   

LOL! I had to check! Maybe it's because I was born in the Chinese year of the Dog that I didn't notice the collar. How doggist of me, I apologise.

ETA Timely: My Dad used to work in the promotions industry. One night make-up artists made him up as a tramp. He tried entering the building he had to do his show at and the doormen refused to let him in! It took him a while to get in, after calling his boss via the nearest telephone box. First appearances. Human nature, a funny thing indeed.
edit on 14/10/17 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 06:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Timely

...I walked into a bottle shop one night, in full fancy dress as a bikie....
Quite an eye opener to see how one is treated based on looks alone....

Yes Davina, it must have been quite a change from them seeing you in your Gold Lamay Hot-pants!

I'm just back from the Grand Opening of a local charity.
It's a local branch of an international organisation which.... I think... may have started in Aus?
I've joined up as I think it's a great cause to help...
AND.... guess what it's called?

The Mens' Shed!

Synchronicity at Work! (Must have been because I was looking at those Morganite crystals online?? LOL)

Anyways - I'm off to Mysterious island for a couple of days, so don't worry if I can't get logged on...

Laterz...

BigG

new topics

top topics

<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join