It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 17

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

Wow, that was an unexpected surprise! How kind of you to say. Thank you! Oh and welcome to the shed! We always enjoy new people joining us. Grab a seat by the fire and get comfy. Oh wait, it's hot today, we won't be lighting a fire, but we still have a couch and comfy chairs and you can pick out your own room and stuff.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
a reply to: Sheye

Oh man, what's wrong with your Mom? I hope things aren't too serious.

Sorry you have to deal with the water leakage from above you, but it is getting fixed and you won't have to hold a huge bucket over your head anymore . LOL

I don't blame you for wanting to stay home while there are workers in the apartment. These days you just can't trust folks.

My mom has been having serious mobility issues ( can't walk) .. and she was already using a walker. They are assessing her with different tests and cat scans ( she had a stroke about 4 years ago ). It's really tough to see your only surviving parent slowly decline in health, and I know our years left with her are few.😕

They did get the water problem fixed ... yay ... I got the water cleaned up ( not much as it was mostly caught in buckets lol ) ... what a day.. and I had bigger plans for it. Think I may take a nap , and visit mom later. My back is friggin killing me right now 😕.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

Hi Beautiful! Anxiety sucks big time!!!!! I have been tired and lazy and just blah. I took off earlier to watch movies because I knew I wouldn't accomplish anything today.

You will surely have your good days and bad and right now you are sort of in the middle of all the bad, so yeah...(ellipses overdose today). LOL

You know we will be by your side every step of the way throughout the whole ordeal. I just know that eventually you will come through the darkness and shine brighter than ever before.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   

That really hit home with me Sheye. I lost my Father 9 years ago and my Mom almost two years ago. It will make two years this month. I know what it is like to watch a Parent's health decline little by little. Dad was in his late 80's and Mom was 92 when she passed. They both lived long and happy lives and are no longer suffering. They are back together again where they belong. Still, it weighs on one's heart and leaves an empty place where they used to be. I just try to fill that space with all the wonderful memories I have of them.

Between my Father, Mother and Husband, I spent many years living on edge, never knowing when the next emergency would be or how long their stays in the hospital would be or if they would be coming home again. Jacy and I were discussing such things when we spoke on the phone. I swear hospitals were like a second home to me I was there so often with one person or another. Then I had my fight with cancer and...I get filled with anxiety with every Doctor's visit and test.

You know what? We truly are warriors in this life with all our battles, but we come through it somehow. That is why I often tell people to raise their swords high. It is my way of saying don't give up the fight and battle your way through or forward.

Enjoy your nap Hun. Give a gentle hug to Mom for me.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Hey, you! *pulls pointy ear*

You snore, I drool. (I do not do both!)
You're starting to make me sound like a Troll...(and you know I have a thing for Troll)...

Oh, I snorted at your ellipsis attack. I'm still having them too.
(no cheerios, it was tea)

edit on 10-10-2017 by jacygirl because: Sorry if I seem weird, I drank an entire box of herbal tea today.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Continued story ...

River woke with a start, disoriented, and her heart starting beating wildly as she realized RiverBabe was no longer asleep in her arms.The cave was dimly lit from the early morning sunrise, and it had ceased raining.As River searched with her eyes for her child , her body froze as she saw Riverbabe sitting on the lap of a giant furry beast. It was a this same time she saw a large shadow looming over her, then felt the light flutter of wings near her ear. " Jack is here ", said Gypsy Moth.

"Riverbabe! " Jack roared , as he began running towards her.

" It is good" , said the furry creature , as he held out his huge hand.

" RiverBabe pull owie out of big monster daddy. He no cry anymore" said Riverbabe. Jack ran to her and scooped her up off the troll's lap, causing the troll to glare and growl at Jack, but upon seeing the child hug the man, he relaxed, knowing she was safe.

Jack immediately turned to Rivet and exploded, calling her a most unfit mother , and River crumpled to the floor both in sobbing relief of RiverBabe being safe, as well as the knowledge that Jack was right. How could she have not woken up when their daughter had." I'm sorry Jack ", River stammered, " I was so tired from the trip, and it was raining , and we couldn't venture far. Jack stood looking deeply into her eyes, and then he did something River rarely saw him do. A tear rolled down his eye, and he started choking out a sob.

" I'm sorry too River", he stammered. You've made me realize what a selfish man I've been, and how immersed I've let myself become in work. You and RiverBabe mean everything to me, and I am willing to listen to your needs and work things out as a family". River was shocked , yet deeply grateful to hear the words. As she watched the tears line Jack's face , she knew he was being sincere, and deep in her heart she also knew they would try again as a family. Jack put down RiverBabe, and enveloped her mother into a warm and tender hug.

"We don't need to stay here forever Jack, " River said, " just long enough to spend some quality time with our daughter, and decide what our next plan of action should be."

" That sounds like a great plan River", and Jack took her hand gently , picked up their child, and they slowly made their way out of the cave, following Gypsy Moth. River thought she heard the big hairy beast say " It is good ", once again, but she couldn't be sure. Yet she smiled to herself as she felt he would be their friend.

edit on 10-10-2017 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-10-2017 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

Ahahaha! I miss how you always made me laugh. I was on youtube looking for a movie to watch. I also have my facebook window and this one to check in on. I sure do get distracted a lot. Sorry I missed this earlier. Shall we throw tofu out the window for fun? You know, instead of donuts?

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Oh Sheye, thank you for posting another story entry! I was looking forward to hearing more of your tale. Enjoyed your music vid as well. I always loved the named River, great choice for your character!

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Saying hello to everyone here at the Shed. I was planning on spending a lot of time here today but Mr. Not So Fun (my dad) ruined my day for me.

It's been another I want my life back day for me.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingForABetterLife
Saying hello to everyone here at the Shed. I was planning on spending a lot of time here today but Mr. Not So Fun (my dad) ruined my day for me.

It's been another I want my life back day for me.

Hi Blue. Sorry about Mr.Not So Fun wrecking your day. That would be a good movie title " I Want My Life Back" . Could be about a meddling old father and a son down on his luck . Who would you want to play your part ?

Seriously though , sorry you had a crappy day with ol' pa , but you must be getting used to it by now. I hope sometimes when you are alone you can chuckle about it. Easy for me to say though, I don't have to put up with him.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Blue, get your Dad in here. We'll put him in the time out room. That man is going to drive you crazy. He drives me crazy and I don't even live with him. LOL

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 10:55 PM
link   
A song for anyone who may need to hear some uplifting words.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   
*sighs* ... I'm bored ... * looks around for doughnuts to throw in bushes* ... finds some odd shaped ones on the ground and tosses them into bushes... AM stands up and yells " who threw troll crap at me? "

* Sheye runs very fast away from bushes , and does a hop, skip and a jump out of post*

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 11:19 PM
link   

LOL! Yells after Sheye, "Wash your hands!!!!!"

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 11:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star. I sit here and blink, staring at the screen and searching for words of inspiration or something wise and wonderful to say.

You are extremely good at finding those words!

I don't have too much to say about myself at the moment. Relieved that i finally drifted to the shore from the ocean of beer. Today i have some things to do that got left behind while drinking. Cleaning up my house, doing laundry etc. But now coffee, tobacco and music. I am still mentally in my bed, lights out from the room and the mind. Only physically at my computer here.

I wish all the best to your day. And if it doesn't turn out that good, i wish strength to endure it to a hopefully better tomorrow.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 11:53 PM
link   

LOL! Yells after Sheye, "Wash your hands!!!!!"

Had a shower ... been walking around barefoot in these woods 😳... lol

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 11:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

I'll sit here and wait for the music. Sleepy, but still checking in. Waves at Fin and smiles.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 11:58 PM
link   

There you are young lady! Are you done slinging pooh? LOL

It's one of those nights where I'm in so much pain I can't stand it. Think I'll take Tylenol on top of all my other meds. OW! I'm sleepy but can't sleep. OW! It's night time I should do like the owls and go who, who, who, not ow, ow, ow. Oh well, I'll try not to moan and groan and sit quietly in the corner.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 12:02 AM
link   

a reply to: Finspiracy

I'll sit here and wait for the music. Sleepy, but still checking in. Waves at Fin and smiles.

Waves back o/ trying not to smile since smiling does not fit my face and it would look like i am trying to haunt you

If you are sleepy i don't want to link anything too metal or HC. Here:

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join