It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 17

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

Thank you for your reply and not deleting it.

I'm sorry to hear you are not having a good time of things. If I seem uninterested, I'm not. I just prefer people to tell us/me themselves what's up if they feel like it. I hate that feeling of prying and sometimes it's just to hard to share.

Now...cats. I was facing eviction around 5 years ago. I was faced with a choice. Homeless in The Netherlands (I've been here 25 years) and my cat in an asylum or homeless in England with my cat parked at a friend. Midnight (my neurotic feline) had been my friend for some 18 years My plan was to take some clothes and Midnight to Cambridge and start being homeless there leaving all my possessions and bills behind me.

Then I called my ex. It was the first time we spoke in 3 years. She left me. She was mortified I'd even consider this. Long story short, my ex agreed to house my cat and advised me to attempt to get temporary housing which I did. 5 years later I'm still in temporary housing but I am safe, warm and dry. Unfortunately my cat died within 6 months but thankfully had a good home again for the end of her life. Plus I'm still where I want to be. Not the right city but the right country.
She also had to share the new house with a dog and I had my doubts. Then I visited and all doubts were gone. The dog (a Bull Terrier, as soft as dough with a character to match but damn they look fearsome!) actually seemed to like Midnight. Midnight of course was having none of it and soon took the top-dog position herself! If Midnight was sitting in the doorway, the dog just never was allowed to walk past. His nose was always covered in cat scratches though LOL. He really did seem to like my cat!

Sadly he didn't last too much longer because he had some congenital heart problem that was probably down to bad breeding practices. My ex then looked for another dog and after several times to visit a Pitbull, she took him home. (Both were asylum dogs btw and their prospects didn't look good as far as finding willing new owners)

After a couple of years my ex died. She arranged a new home beforehand (she had cancer and opted for euthanasia as it progressed beyond hope). I stayed in her house after she passed for a few weeks due to having no place myself at the time and had been tasked with emptying the house and returning it to the rental association. The new owners (a professional dog-walker with 2 dogs of her own) invited me around for a drink so I could see Pit-Bull again. As soon as I sat down I knew something was wrong. I didn't know what though. This was his new home but where did he sit after licking me to death when I entered? Yeah, as flat as a pancake directly behind my chair the whole time I was there, he just wouldn't leave me. Broke my heart to see that. Almost a cry for help, in a weird doggy way. OK, I did give him snacks too but still.

2 weeks later, I hear from friends that he had been placed on Facebook looking for a new home.

To be honest, my life seems pretty used up and all worn out this time but maybe that's just how it feels. I'm waiting for a better life in the next one, should there be such a thing. Does this sound depressing? LOL

As far as help goes, I don't like receiving charity. Sometimes we all need a little help but I hate asking for it. Money is easy to blow, and that's without the debt collectors. Probably not my best option.

I wish you much success with your appointment on Thursday.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

I visited friends in Groningen a few years back.
Nice place. Nice people.
We went up to Friesland on a day trip in the car and that was also awesome!
I like Holland.

G

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

Hi Light, thank you for being so honest and real.

I am so sorry for all that you have gone through, and what you're still going through. You have suffered a lot of loss, and I'm like you when it comes to animals/pets.

My heart is breaking at the thought of my poor cat (who I rescued when I found she'd been abandoned). She is very needy and clingy and affectionate. Now that my partner has gone, she only has me. I stay awake thinking about how afraid she will be if I have to send her to the animal shelter...in a cage...abandoned again.

I don't have anyone who will take her and I really am holding on hoping for a miracle. I want to keep her with me so I can keep loving her. She stays by my side all day and night now.

Thank you for your support hun, I'm worried sick about Thursday.

Oh, and no...you don't sound depressing. I understand completely.
I got so low that I had given up completely. I'm now trying to be more positive...my cat needs me...and even though my kids don't care about me, I still love them and would never hurt them.

I hope you will keep talking to me or the other members here. I don't know about you, but I need the support. I spend so much time alone that I need to connect and know that somebody out there in the world cares about me.
I also want you to know that I care about you...as do the others.
We can get strength from our friends.
jacy

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Very nice people! Groningen eh? You chose the right place! It's kinda the Scotland of The Netherlands. It used to be separate and they have a dialect there that is difficult for some Dutchies to understand. My exposure to dialect here has been limited. Then you go some place with yer Dutch girlfriend and she doesn't understand too much of what is being said either rofl!

I just nod slowly and smile... it's worked well so far.

Friesland is in fact it's own language (and was formerly a separate country I believe) and nobody understands that except Frieslanders. Hyurt en meurt a passe plurt a ding a dong. Not spelt right of course but that's kinda what it sounds like in Dutch. Nice place too but I never made it that far. Lots of green from what I've seen.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Teary eyed at the posts in here. From a distance all I can offer sometimes are words and a whole lotta love. I sit here and blink, staring at the screen and searching for words of inspiration or something wise and wonderful to say.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
Teary eyed at the posts in here. From a distance all I can offer sometimes are words and a whole lotta love. I sit here and blink, staring at the screen and searching for words of inspiration or something wise and wonderful to say.

Words of encouragement can go along way Night , but I'm sure you are well aware of that πŸ™‚
I don't know Jacy at all , but I feel in my heart she must be a good soul, as she is so loved in the shed. Eventually things will get better , even if they have to get worse for a bit. I'm praying for her to find a place , that she can afford with some assistance from agencies, and she doesn't have to be parted from her beloved cat.

Life can be so overwhelming at times ... and there are too many suffering. The thought of all the people who have lost homes in northern cal is heartbreaking as well. * sighs* πŸ˜•

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

You are a kind, loving and beautiful soul Sheye and I am so happy that you are a part of this wonderful little family! Your light shines bright for all to see. Hugs! I hope you are having a good day.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

You are a kind, loving and beautiful soul Sheye and I am so happy that you are a part of this wonderful little family! Your light shines bright for all to see. Hugs! I hope you are having a good day.

😊... awww shucks * shuffles feet * ... thank you for the compliment ! I have my moments when I can lose my temper, so don't be too quick with the accolades .. lol .

My day is going well .. thank you for asking .. but there is always concern for others who are struggling. My mother is in hospital at the moment.. and I'm waiting for maintenance of my apartment building to fix the toilet above me as I've been getting water dripping profusely into my bathroom every time they flush ... ugh ! Try having a pee holding a huge bucket over your head ... lol.. not fun ! But , some have no water on this planet , so I won't complain.. and they are fixing it now.. yay.

Don't like leaving my apartment when there are workers in and out ( fussy that way ).. so I'm stuck here for a bit.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver

Very nice people! Groningen eh? You chose the right place! It's kinda the Scotland of The Netherlands. It used to be separate and they have a dialect there that is difficult for some Dutchies to understand. My exposure to dialect here has been limited. Then you go some place with yer Dutch girlfriend and she doesn't understand too much of what is being said either rofl!

I just nod slowly and smile... it's worked well so far.

I was very lucky... the WHOLE group who were out with us spoke in English all the time so that I could understand!!

Friesland is in fact it's own language (and was formerly a separate country I believe) and nobody understands that except Frieslanders. Hyurt en meurt a passe plurt a ding a dong. Not spelt right of course but that's kinda what it sounds like in Dutch. Nice place too but I never made it that far. Lots of green from what I've seen.

Heeey!!! I must be able to speak fluent frieslandianianerish (on a Saturday Night) because I'm sure I understood what you typed there!
It was the Swedish Chef from the Muppets right?
Programming his microwave...
Musta been making Chicken Ding.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye

...I don't know Jacy at all , but I feel in my heart she must be a good soul, as she is so loved in the shed....

Keep an eye on her Sheye....

Jacy snorts Milk and Cheerios out of her nose if you get her to laugh hard enough!

(True Story That!)

G

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star
Ah, Night Star, if there were more people like you in the world it would be a much happier place to be.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   
OK, Who wants to find out where my camper van conversion has got to?

I've done the insulation, fitted the side windows & decals, carpeted the floor and two sides.
Adapted & Installed the seating/storage/bed from my old van.
Bought and fitted a new main battery and installed a 2nd leisure battery (to power the water pump, interior lights etc.) Fitted a new kitchen with bespoke curvy storage pods, sink, double gas hob...

I've changed the finish on the kitchen cabinet doors to a burnt oak look now.
Made and fitted a small table to match the new finish on the cabinets, and I've got 2 funky Bright Orange stools to fit under the table (not yet installed).
I've bought some new LED lighting which I've yet to install.
What else?... oh, I've now made and fitted overhead storage units for the wall opposite the kitchen too and covered the doors in bright orange wrap to match my stools and table edging!

Here's the overhead storage being built!

and now in place...

You can just about see my wee table and the top of a stool in this one...

The black bit (at the left) is the bulkhead and that will be getting carpeted in light grey soon...

So.... it is starting to come together.... finally!

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gordi The Drummer

originally posted by: Sheye

...I don't know Jacy at all , but I feel in my heart she must be a good soul, as she is so loved in the shed....

Keep an eye on her Sheye....

Jacy snorts Milk and Cheerios out of her nose if you get her to laugh hard enough!

(True Story That!)

G

It's all good... twice I thought I was going to die when somebody made me laugh just as I was swallowing a drink. Liquid in your lungs is scary 😳... and I walked away from the table so embarrassed as I gasped for air. The guy who made me laugh thought it was hilarious, but some actually got concerned as I was literally fighting for breath.

Not sure how you deal with that sort of thing medically ( big whack on the back ) , but I'll make sure if I ever have the pleasure to meet Jacy when she is eating cheerios , not to make her laugh . Hell of a painful process 😜

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   

That's a spiffy camper Gordie ! Love the grey and orange colour combo. The beautiful part is you did it yourself. 🍺

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Thanks Sheye - Still DOING IT!!!
Lots still to do...
Wiring in the lights & mood lighting, water pump, amplifier, speakers etc.
Fitting a ceiling vent above the hob.
Carpeting and Fitting the ceiling panel itself.
Carpeting the bulkhead & rear doors.
Fitting the stools (to the floor!).
Cutting my old cushions/mattress to size and re-covering them.
I'm sure there's lots more, but I'm very tired!

Am happy that it's "getting there" though.

G

PS - If you DO happen to get Jacy to snort milk & cheerios out of her nose...... could you get me a video of it please?
edit on 10-10-2017 by Gordi The Drummer because: I wanted to add a PS

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gordi The Drummer

Thanks Sheye - Still DOING IT!!!
Lots still to do...
Wiring in the lights & mood lighting, water pump, amplifier, speakers etc.
Fitting a ceiling vent above the hob.
Carpeting and Fitting the ceiling panel itself.
Carpeting the bulkhead & rear doors.
Fitting the stools (to the floor!).
Cutting my old cushions/mattress to size and re-covering them.
I'm sure there's lots more, but I'm very tired!

Am happy that it's "getting there" though.

G

PS - If you DO happen to get Jacy to snort milk & cheerios out of her nose...... could you get me a video of it please?

It's more than" getting there "... awesome project ! A little home away from home. Are you going to use it to drive to music gigs ? Would hold a lot of equipment and it would be a nice place to rest. Some of the places musicians play at may pay decent but have less than decent accomadations for band members. Your van would come in handy.

As far as filming Jacy snorting cheerios out of her nose ... I'll pass on that. Would be too busy panicking and whacking her on the back ( probably making things worse lol ).

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Yeah, I used my last van for gigging a lot.
Transport to and from (if it's local) and over-nighting if further away!
VERY handy!
I use the van for work too. (I run a small sign making business)

I'm looking forward (very much) to getting it finished!

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   
My ears are burning...and now I see why!

Hi Everybody!

First I just want to say thank you for the kind words and support...it really does mean a lot to me. Second, I wasn't trying to start a pity party for me, just wanted Light to know that I could relate to the circumstances...and the fear/depression/anxiety/sadness that go along with situations like ours. If I can use my crap to help support somebody else through theirs, then it makes me feel useful.

Night Star was right, it's hard to know what to say to someone who is at rock bottom. Being validated is really important to me right now. Somebody who will vouch for my character, or tell me I'm loved...that's the stuff that I need, so when I tell you that you're helping me, I mean it.

Sheye...I have been lurking and reading so I feel like I already know you. You definitely belong in the Shed Family...you have a loving heart and kind soul (and you use big words like "accolades"! which is actually a thing for me...just ask Shep about pontificating and conundrums, lol).

Gordi...The van is amazing! Now you just need to decide how much rent you want for it monthly, and I will be there Saturday. (just kidding but that's what you get for suggesting I passed a Cheerio through my nose!)

Lastly, fine it's true. I once laughed so hard I snorted milk and a part of a Cheerio through my nose.

Today was not a great day. Anxiety shows up unannounced. But it feels good to be here.
jacy

P.S. Hello crayzeed! She is indeed an extra special Elf.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Oh man, what's wrong with your Mom? I hope things aren't too serious.

Sorry you have to deal with the water leakage from above you, but it is getting fixed and you won't have to hold a huge bucket over your head anymore . LOL

I don't blame you for wanting to stay home while there are workers in the apartment. These days you just can't trust folks.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Gordi, that camper is a beauty and you have put a lot of hard work into it. Yay you!

I probably would have put murals on the walls...maybe some flying dragons or a koi pond or an ocean scene or forest scene or...whatever.

Hmmm...maybe clouds painted for the ceiling and...Ok, I'll shut up now. LOL

You forgot to tell people about Jacy's snoring and drooling. Wait...I snore too. We surely are Sisters.

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join