It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 17

page: 173
<< 170  171  172    174  175  176 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 12:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Groot

Hope you had a good yule with a great New Year to come ... 😎

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 12:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Groot

Hello Groot. Nice to see you coming in to have a look behind the curtain. I hope your new year is a great one too.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Night Star is a bit incapacitated ATM but she is here sprinkling her stars and would leave a pretty picture but instead y0ou got me and so that means a story.

Once there was a tree. A magical tree that existed as a portal. It linked the world to the realm of creativity and wonder. This tree was in fact the first magician, and the greatest. He found the line between, called magic, and occupied it, became it, to moniter between the two. He was very wise, and powerful but he couldn't force himself on anyone and wouldn't want to either. The best he could do was to make sure that those who reached for magic, could find it. And that is exactly what he did, all the time. Until one day, someone came and cut him down. The tree was no more, but the wizard remained. For he had been far more than his physical form. In fact, relieved of his physical presence only made him more powerful, more wise. He was now able to embody magic, and could reach out to those who yearned to him. Then a presence as old as time took note and created lag time between the wizard and the world. It couldn't win, but it didn't want to, only to put off the inevitable as long as possible. The wizard watched and learned but layed just underneath the surface, made himself easier to notice. So the darkness filled the world with distractions, and threats. So the wizard became the very force of progress. The darkness said "aha" and became corruption, but the wizard smiled and took the demon into him. Contained it, then became it, the overcame it. Bringing light. The darkness with its dying breaths stretched time again to forestall its death. But the wizard filled that time with hope and redemption

I could be at it for days but the essence is that the wizards real weapon was his patience and the talks he would have with the darkness as they waged their battle ad infinitum. While the darkness wanted to win. So when life seems full of pain remember: the wizards response is soon coming

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Lucid, thank you for letting everyone know I couldn't be here and thank you for the awesome story! I just love your writing and imagination!

To everyone else, I missed so much that I would have loved to have joined in on yesterday. I was in so much pain I ended up in the bushes with the lurkers.
I did come sprinkling stars to acknowledge your posts.

I see Foss stopped by and Groot.

Today, still in some pain and I have a sore throat, but I have to get the garbage out and I will be having lunch with my friend Diane. Hope I can get my prescription later. Don't know if I will feel up to getting any groceries and might have to make do with what I have around the house.

Linda messaged me last night saying we couldn't go out because she was still so sick, but asked what time I would be free today. If she is that sick, plus I don't feel well as it is, it doesn't sound like a good idea to be with her later.

So...no kisses for anyone today! LOL

Love you all.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Aww, can I still get a hug?

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Wake and birthday bake booty shake. 47 years on this rock. Gravity seems to be slowly taking control. Gravity brings you down.

People are letting off fireworks outside. The Dutch go mental with fireworks on New Year's Eve. It's scary, shocking, irritating and sometimes downright dangerous. When I was there in England fireworks were only available for a few days around 5th of November. People (often younger people) lose fingers, eyes, large patches of skin. I love fireworks but apart from a few bangers (they go bang, hence the silly name) I never bought them.

They banned a certain firework sort that contains ammonium nitrate because a, you can make bombs with it and b, it makes as much noise as a bomb. You would realistically lose you hand and possibly a piece of your forearm if you were to hold it in your hand at detonation time. Now, guess what some people like to buy? That's right, illegal fireworks that you can hear 2 miles away. Regular Joe's in the street, possibly had a little too much pixie dust but are still approachable and somewhat in control, firing hundreds of dollars/euros/pounds into the air in the space of a few hours. I walk home twitching. Every loud bang makes me jump because I'm not expecting it.

Listen to me complaining about other people having "fun" lamenting my own sad lack of it. Nonetheless, I made it! The 47 club. 47 means there's no hope, you are getting old and whiney, slowly but surely. The positive side is you can ask people to turn the music up a "little bit" more because you can't hear it due to being old and half-deaf. Half-full?

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver
Wake and birthday bake booty shake. 47 years on this rock. Gravity seems to be slowly taking control. Gravity brings you down.

People are letting off fireworks outside. The Dutch go mental with fireworks on New Year's Eve. It's scary, shocking, irritating and sometimes downright dangerous. When I was there in England fireworks were only available for a few days around 5th of November. People (often younger people) lose fingers, eyes, large patches of skin. I love fireworks but apart from a few bangers (they go bang, hence the silly name) I never bought them.

They banned a certain firework sort that contains ammonium nitrate because a, you can make bombs with it and b, it makes as much noise as a bomb. You would realistically lose you hand and possibly a piece of your forearm if you were to hold it in your hand at detonation time. Now, guess what some people like to buy? That's right, illegal fireworks that you can hear 2 miles away. Regular Joe's in the street, possibly had a little too much pixie dust but are still approachable and somewhat in control, firing hundreds of dollars/euros/pounds into the air in the space of a few hours. I walk home twitching. Every loud bang makes me jump because I'm not expecting it.

Listen to me complaining about other people having "fun" lamenting my own sad lack of it. Nonetheless, I made it! The 47 club. 47 means there's no hope, you are getting old and whiney, slowly but surely. The positive side is you can ask people to turn the music up a "little bit" more because you can't hear it due to being old and half-deaf. Half-full?

Birthday greetings 🍺

47 ? Still a pup until you’ve completed 50. 😏

You are starting your 48th year here on ol’ planet earth . Hope it’s a good one.

Mother earth doesn’t think you’re old at all 😊

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: LucidWarrior

Yes, you can get a hug, then I'm lying down with a warm blanket and mindlessly going to watch movies or something.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

47? Bah, you aint seen nothin' yet! It only gets worse. LOL

Happy Birthday my friend!

edit on 30-12-2017 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Hi Sheye!

Hi Sheddites!I am miserable with a sore throat and back pain. Not sure when I'll get back in here. Love to you all!

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
Hi Sheye!

Hi Sheddites!I am miserable with a sore throat and back pain. Not sure when I'll get back in here. Love to you all!

Hi! I think you should rest now. When you feel better, we will be right here waiting for your posts!

edit on 30-12-2017 by Finspiracy because: strange typo

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Night Star is off to take a nap, hoping it will help the pain. I've sent her my good wishes.

Let's start a Go Fund Me page to buy enough pixie dust to help her out.

Thank you once again for your prose Lucid.

For now, I am going off to my own land of waiting for my three brain cells to wake up.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
Hi Sheye!

Feel better soon Night !

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Thank you Fin, Blue and Sheye!

I used a heating pad and took a nap. I'll try to pop back in later.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Nice dragon as can be expected Night.

Listening to Celtic music and the below is currently playing while I'm online shopping for groceries.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Little too cold to my liking!!

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   
For Jacy and anyone else in the Shed that needs to hear something uplifting.

Lyrics

May it be an evening star
Shines down upon you
May it be when darkness falls
Your heart will be true
You walk a lonely road Oh!
How far you are from home
Mornië utúlië (Quenya: Darkness has come)
Believe and you will find your way
Mornië alantië (Quenya: Darkness has fallen)
A promise lives within you now
May it be the shadow's call
Will fly away
May it be your journey on
To light the day
When the night is overcome
You may rise to find the sun
Mornië utúlië (Quenya: Darkness has come)
Believe and you will find your way
Mornië alantië (Quenya: Darkness has fallen)
A promise lives within you now

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Nice to find you here tonight Chooch. Are you wearing three pairs of socks to stay warm?

Current song I'm listening too.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Thank you (and others!)

I had a small but funny accident. I didn't realise my neighbour was home. He was banging on my door asking me all angry-like if I could turn the music down for a change! I smiled sweetly at him and told him that yes, I could turn the music down, it has this thing called a volume control knob. (It was a genuine mistake, not a deliberate attempt to be a dork but I was smiling to myself. "Oh wow man....my bad!" LOL)

I hope you take it easy and are free of pain soon.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

I'm inside and staying warm. No venturing outside for me tonight. ☺

top topics

<< 170  171  172    174  175  176 >>

join