It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 17

page: 142
<< 139  140  141    143  144  145 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Waves at Gordi and Jane!

Took me forever to fill up my plastic, weekly prescription pill boxes. Been cleaning around the house and stuff. Now I'm starving and need to eat. Hope everyone is well.

Great discussions going on guys! Keep it up. I'm starting to feel like one of the bush people. Where are my donuts? LOL

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver
It would surprise me if none of the Apollo missions' astronauts were Masons. Heck, I am no astronaut and I was invited to join the Masons by a good friend a few decades back. I declined, because as I explained to him, I would not become a member of a society that specifically excluded all women simply because they were women, when there was no good and valid reason for it and it was purely "Patriarchal". I could not and cannot abide that. He accepted my response and we remained friends.

However I fail to see how that ("some were Masons!") aspect has anything to do with the moon landings themselves.

Re your magnum opus, if you sell the rights to it then the buyer owns those rights and can do whatever they darned well please with it -- including absolutely nothing. That's why they pay you and it is very common that a novel/screenplay etc will be changed by the ones who buy the rights to do whatever with it. Or it'll simply be shelved for the time being, because the marketing types and bean counters say that kind of story won't sell well and make $$$$$ right now.

You either accept the deal or you don't. It's up to you. But don't moan about it afterwards. That's why they pay you, ok?

And, (to quote you), if "no-one knows the (possibly small) last minute changes that were made to Eyes Wide Shut", then that means we do not even know if any changes were made. And even if they were, so what? If someone buys rights to your work (in specified formats) then they can do whatever.

So I still have no idea what you're driving at on the above points. Kubrick was a pretty amazing guy, and if he decided he wanted a given work to be released on a specified date (and if he owned the rights to do that), then fine... that was his choice. But after he died, whatever happened depended on what a multi-page contract said, not on what we might surmise as some kind of convoluted conspiracy angle, much as I love conspiracy theory.

Fact is, movies (ok, films) can be changed in post-prod and it happens often enough. It doesn't have to imply anything beyond some awfully mundane practicalities. Your post with its quote mentions 8 astronauts who were claimed to be Masons. The Apollo Moon missions up to and including Apollo 17 required 3 astronauts each on the actual space flights, plus some backup crews.

So, a minority were Masons.

In other words, what's your point about Masonry in this regard?

Sorry, but I can't follow whatever point you are trying to push. No offense.

Am I saying some astronauts being Masons is irrelevant? Nope. I am saying that I cannot see what the relevance is supposed to be. I mean, plenty of them were not Masons.

PS: hi, everyone!

edit on 9/12/17 by JustMike because: of typos, as usual.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star
I need donuts too. I can't eat the real ones now as my docs forbade it (!!) but digital ones would be welcome!

I'd love to see that donut wall that I think Jacy posted a year or two ago.

And I miss you all. Wish I coukld keep up better. Dada is doing not too badly. Better than most with her condition do after having it as long as she has.

We're pretty happy and we're keeping cosy warm. I have the wood stove running on woodettes (more environmentaly friendly) and even when it's snowing like it is now, we're fine.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence
We all get days like that, WIS.

Heck, I sure do. Even in my recent replies, I've tried to stay friendly.

That's what the Shed is about. Being friends, which means even if we disagree, we're still friends.

Hugs to you, WIS. I admire you.

PS: Where IS everybody??

edit on 9/12/17 by JustMike because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: JustMike

Hi Sweetie! Sorry I missed you earlier! Glad to hear that you and Dada are safe, cozy and doing well. Still snowing here and it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas. Falling snow blanketing the ground, houses lit and my apartment decorated. Everything looks so enchanting, so magical.

I shouldn't be eating donuts either, so I will join you in having the virtual ones. My back is killing me, so I will be popping in and out as usual tonight.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   

My back's been killing me as well. Dunno why. I mean, I have an old back injury but this feels different.

Oh, I'm moaning and groaning like an old man, when I should be grateful just to be alive! And I am.

I am.

Only a week till my wife and I head over to Oz to visit my family. I'm so looking forward to it as it's 17 years since we were there last. It'll be wonderful for Dada as it's be so warm there and she loves that. And we'll be living at my daughter's place near the beach and she loves the ocean.

Oh, it'll be so good to go home.

edit on 9/12/17 by JustMike because: my eternal bane: typos.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Timely
Hi Timely,

I've just been reading back a bit. I'm one of those folks who in old days when we all read newspapers, used to start at the back page and work forward to the front. (Or else I'd go straight to the comic strip and crossword pages!)

But anyway, I'm adept at working backwards.

We're pretty well. Dada is doing remarkably well & if we consider average prognoses I cannot complain.

Looking forward to being in the Land Down Under and taking her various places. The new environment will have to be good for her.

ETA: as it's nearly 4.30 am here I have to bail. But hope to catch up with you all soon.

BTW has anyone heard from Fishy recently?

edit on 9/12/17 by JustMike because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Arriving in Oz. after time in a winter wonderland will shock the system !

Having said that, the humidity in Sth. Oz. is not as bad as the east coast ( assuming you are heading to Adelaide ), makes for great swimming wearher and all those out doorsy activities we love here.

Glad to hear Dada is doing OK, have you shown her Australia before ?
If not, there are some exciting new things for her to see and do which will surely be wonderfully stimulating.

Crosswords and puzzles are the best bits of the paper !!

Oh, and bring some of that wonderful czech beer with you ...

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Oh yeah, I am fully expecting we'll be bowled over by the weather differences -- and yes, we'll be in Adelaide, but might fly over to Sydney for a few days or so as we have some friends in Cherrybrook (wherever that is!) and would love to visit them, if trhey'd just darned answer FB/emails!

I took Dada to Oz in 2000, just before the Olympics, so it's bveen 17 years since we were there last. Long time between drinks.

Can't smuggle the beer, much as I'd like to. Darned terrorists ruined all that.
But I'll contact the Czech-Slovak club in Adelaide so we can go along to some of their Friday night evenings. It'll be good for her. She'll be able to speak her language with "natives" and they serve trad Czech meals as well.

edit on 9/12/17 by JustMike because: Cherrybrook, not Cherryville.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 10:36 PM
link   

If there is just one place to go ... visit one of the animal sanctuaries ... and feed kangaroos ... little ones .... they are actually wallabies ... but visitors don't seem to care.

We don't let you feed big reds, they are a little dangerous.

All of out tame wildlife in one place.

On the way to Victor Harbor is one of the best and Victor Harbor is a great place to visit as well.

P

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 01:44 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Stopping in at Hahndorf on the way !

It is a shame that "Eagle on the hill" was lost in the good Friday fires.
🙂

Ed: Is Cleland Nature Park still there ? It was a great place just as you describe !
edit on 10-12-2017 by Timely because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Yes it is. Just check if they are open before you take the short trek up there. They close due to fire danger sometimes in summer.

P

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 06:43 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358
Well, to be technical, all wallabies are kangaroos, but not all roos are wallabies.

BTW, I grew up near the Barossa Valley and after my first marriage my then-wife and I lived in Bridgewater, then we moved to Lobethal. So I'm pretty familiar with the Adelaide hills.

But anyway... Yes, I took Dada to Cleland Park last time and she fed some wallabies. She had this big "family block" of chocolate with hazelnuts in it and wanted to give it to them, and I said, "Ummm... Wallabies don't eat chocolate."

Somebody forgot to tell the wallabies. She got mobbed by about twenty of them!

I have a great series of pics that show the wallabies gathering round her in increasing numbers. She gave them little squares of chocolate each and they sat and held them in their teeny front paws and munched away. Others that missed out were trying to snoop inside her handbag and even her pockets!

And yes, Victor is definitely on my list and I'm hoping to book a room in a B&B for us for a few days, likely after the kids have gone back to school at the end of next January. I took her there last time and we went for a walk over to Granite Island in the night so we could see the penguins. She was amazed because she'd never seen penguins in the wild before.

@Timely: my daughter used to live in Hahndorf before she moved down near the beach in a sth. Adelaide suburb. I used to like going there as well but it eventually just got way too touristy for me.

IIRC correctly the Eagle on the Hill Hotel was lost in the Ash Wednesday bushfire disaster in 1983. Same day as Greenhill, the Mount Lofty Lookout, Kim Bonython's home, the monastery on the slopes of Mt Lofty with its irrepaceable library of ancient books, and all the rest. I took Dada to the rebuilt Mt Lofty lookout and she saw what they had on display in the memorial section there. It was pretty overwhelming for me, I must admit. Brought back a lot of awful memories, but I won't go into the details right now.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Hi Everyone.

So nice to see folks stopping by.

Well I am dealing with a year old cat who thinks she is still a kitten, and getting into my Christmas tree.

This is not mine. But a purr fect picture of what I am dealing with.

Oh so cute. But what a pain. lol

Hope everyone is having a nice Holiday Season.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Yes, my mistake it was Ash Wednesday.
Such a tragedy with so much lost.

You have got to sympathise with the poor folk in So Cal. dealing with the unseasonal and relentless fires that have claimed too much ...

* Waves to kat ! 🖑👋🖐👋
edit on 10-12-2017 by Timely because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Nice to see talk of OZ, makes me want to go visit. I never will, with my funds and back issues and whatnot of course. LOL
Chocoalte can kill a cat, hope it didn't harm the kangaroos.

Hello to everyone! Had insomnia and a cranky Mark throwing a remote at me because I asked if we could watch something else on t.v. didn't help. Rather zombie like today.

It's not Christmas yet, but...

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Sorry to hear that your coping skills are being stretched.

You may need to invest in a helmet if your dodge ball skills are wanting ... either that or learn to hurl the TV !

I do hope you take me time and leave him to it when he is in spoiled brat mode ... give him a pacifier Raine and leave him to it.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Having a very bad day thanks to my dad.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

Hey Blue Dude !

Throw on some headphones, listen to something uplifting ... forget him and go to your 'happy place'.

Hope you get you medical woes sorted sooner rather than later ... 😎

top topics

<< 139  140  141    143  144  145 >>

join