It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 17

page: 129
<< 126  127  128    130  131  132 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Hello Gentlemen!

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star I could never get by in a Country where another language was spoken. I have tried to learn other languages and picked up many words and phrases, but could never converse with anyone. I can't seem to retain things in my little brain.

Of course you could get by! you know this already, but english is spoken nearly everywhere. Not by everyone, but in shops, bureaus, public transport and such. And your brain is good, it just seems to be not oriented in languages. You have other strong points, huge amount of empathy and eloquence.

There are some genius people, who can learn 30 different languages, solve any math problem, invent cool things, but they are "braindead" when it comes to emotions.
edit on 1-12-2017 by Finspiracy because: spelled genius wrong

edit on 1-12-2017 by Finspiracy because: spelled "who" wrong
coffee now, this is getting out of hands->

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 10:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver
a reply to: Finspiracy

You make 2 mugs of coffee at once? Separate mugs? My OCD is tingling....

Haha, i should have been more clear with my phrasing. I just use the coffee maker and always the same amount of water and coffee, it makes exactly the amount to fill a single mug, twice.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Awww, you are the sweetest! Thank you Hun! I would love a cup of coffee, but it is close to midnight here, so herbal tea for me!

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Thanks for your unintentional song suggestion!

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Woo hoo! Makes me want to party. Great tune again!

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 11:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

Woo hoo! Makes me want to party. Great tune again!

So let's party! I am thinking of a trade. I give you apple wine and you give me a couple of cigarette rolling papers!
But nah, we would need alien technology to make that happen instantly. So i think i will just clean up my wooden pipe. By the way, have you ever thought, that if there are aliens out there somewhere, we, humans on this earth, are aliens to them?

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Ahaha! But we have magic, so I'll take the wine and your cigarette rolling papers are on their way.

And...yes I have thought that we would be aliens to alien races. LOL

edit on 2-12-2017 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 03:41 AM
link   

I was at my supermarket at 08:05am today. I too had run out of rolling papers. I bought beer too.

I like a good beer buzz early in the morning... (a lyric from Sheryl Crow)

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 04:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: PrairieShepherd

Thanks Night, and Fin!
True love, I suppose. Mostly it's a lot of work and the simple agreement to stay together through whatever comes. The other thing that has really helped is learning to point a finger at myself first, even more so than just learning to say "sorry."

Great wisdom! I have for years now, used that tactic of pointing finger at myself first, not in relationships only but overall. If i encounter a person and i dislike something about him or her, i won't blame, i won't judge. I take a deep breath, take some time to collect my thoughts, and then i realize that the trait i dislike, is a trait within my own self.

I thought i felt true love once. Or i can say it was true love, as true and as love as they can be. Met this girl when we were sixteen years old. It was just a couple of teens messing around at first, but i felt a connection and i felt that she felt it also. We went through ups and downs, my mandatory military service and all kinds of ****. But she was unfaithful. In more clear words, she slept with others. At first i thought it was something that i lack and she wanted, but she did it with her next boyfriend too, and the next. Now i haven't heard about her for years and i would like to keep it that way. I was 22 or 23 years old when we broke up, there was about 4 years of living together. We loved madly and we fought madly.

I have had some women after that, not too long term, from a couple of weeks to a half a year kind of stuff... But never felt the same connection again that i felt with my first love. I want to fall in love. Again. But no, it would be too selfish. I use alcohol too much, my mental health is sometimes in bad condition, i feel like i have nothing to give. I am scared that i will mess up the woman too, just like i messed up myself. So unfair, so unfair it would be that i rather spend my days alone.

I truly admire you PrairieShepherd! You seem so strong. You are working on your van and doing a great job making your kids become fine adults one day, and now 16 years of marriage. Absolutely astonishing!

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 04:13 AM
link   

I was at my supermarket at 08:05am today. I too had run out of rolling papers. I bought beer too.

Grrrrth... pfffft.... hrrrfh.. You were at your supermarket at 8:05 AM and they sold you beer. *finspiracy flips out*

Can we, by any chance, change governments? If i ask real nice?

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 04:37 AM
link   

What time does your supermarket sell beer? If you can transfer some money I'm more than willing to send a few 12-packs in the post...

ETA My 5% A.B.V. lager costs 45 (euro) cents per 500ml if that helps.
edit on 2/12/17 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 05:14 AM
link   

What time does your supermarket sell beer? If you can transfer some money I'm more than willing to send a few 12-packs in the post...

ETA My 5% A.B.V. lager costs 45 (euro) cents per 500ml if that helps.

You lucky little being!

Yeah finnish alcohol laws only allow to buy alcohol from shops between 9am and 9pm. And in shops, no more than 4.7% of alcohol is allowed. In my honest opinion the taste and feel of beer is at it's best at 5.5-6% and so, the import beer is settled down with water to be under 4.7! We have so many laws and regulations here that it would blow your god damn mind my friend!

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Here's some metal for the Shed!

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

That's funny.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Good Lord I have some early posters in here! I was still far, far away in dreamland.

Hello Fin and Light, Chirp and Skiddy!

Chirp, great video! LOL

I barely finished my first cup of coffee and need another. Pardon me while I make a feeble attempt to wake up now.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

I almost wet myself due to lack of bladder control at the same time tears were streaming down my face. Believe it or not, it was the first time that ever happened to me, thanks!

ETA Morning Night. (Geddit...?
)
edit on 2/12/17 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

edit on 2/12/17 by LightSpeedDriver because: Clarification

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

LOL, yes I geddit.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   
OMG, Chirp, I had to make a thread on that heavy metal kid you shared with me elsewhere! WOW!!!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Finspiracy
Yeah finnish alcohol laws only allow to buy alcohol from shops between 9am and 9pm. And in shops, no more than 4.7% of alcohol is allowed. In my honest opinion the taste and feel of beer is at it's best at 5.5-6% and so, the import beer is settled down with water to be under 4.7! We have so many laws and regulations here that it would blow your god damn mind my friend!

My Finnish friend, I...I...I truly feel for you. I can give you my Swiss bank account number in a PM and after that everything can be arranged. Bollinger? Dom Perignon? Heineken? Anything!

top topics

<< 126  127  128    130  131  132 >>

join