It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 17

page: 126
<< 123  124  125    127  128  129 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Hi Night Star!

Well, actually, I've posted a few more episodes of Falling; I fear I have been remiss in posting the links here.
Please forgive me!! [insert groveling]

Here are all the new entries:
129 - Accusation
130 - A Walk Through the Camp
131 - Demon
132 - Cats
133 - Worker
134 - Death At Last

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: chelsdh

Glad to hear you had a lovely surprise trip to NYC Chels! Sounds like a lot of fun! Great to see you back! Tell us about your trip next time you pop in.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: LucidWarrior

Thank you so much for the kind words my Little Warrior! Hugs!

Oh...Jojopo got his purple ribbon off. I hear he's been looking for you.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: PrairieShepherd

Thank you Shep for leaving us the links! Still busy at work?

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Imagine that that is me in this picture, locked away in a padded cell. All I can do there is sing

"I'm waiting, I'm waiting, I'm waiting."

That is overdoing it a bit but it's how I feel most of the time. Waiting for my Social Security hearing. Waiting for doctor appointments. Waiting to find out if my insurance will pay for any treatment or medical devices.

My latest news from this afternoon is that my cardiologist is going to ask my insurance company if they will cover my getting a pacemaker. I'm so disappointed with Boon and Chapman that I want to call them and ask them if they would rather see me pass away instead of making any money off of me.

I'll try keeping my spirits up until at least the day I hear the news, good or bad from them. In the meantime...

I'm waiting, I'm waiting, I'm waiting.

edit on 11 30 2017 by LookingForABetterLife because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   
It's that time of year.
I hope you don't mind hearing one of my old Christmas songs.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   

At work and at my Bible study. I've given 4 lectures over the last 4 weeks. Lots of prep time involved.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Oh Tom, That song was just wonderful! with all that delectable food though...I think I gained 20 pounds just looking at it!

Blue, My heart just breaks for you, knowing what you are going through and what others in the shed are facing as well. I'm trying to help Mark through his trials with serious health issues and everything is so very difficult. You are not alone my friend.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: PrairieShepherd

So you have been a busy little Shepherd I see. What do the Shepherditos want for Christmas this year?

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star Things are extremely challenging for Mark and his diet. Besides being so restricted and a picky eater, he isn't hungry enough to eat as much as he needs to and being diabetic that is so very important. I'll buy the diabetic protein/meal drinks for when he isn't very hungry hoping he will get that in him at least, but he isn't thrilled with the idea.

Hmm... How about a nice chicken salad? I make it for myself every now and then. Roasting some sliced chicken in the frying pan. Then tomatoes, fresh green lettuce, mild onion like red onion and some bread croutons? It is actually very good, a bit of a "manly salad". There could even be some mayonnaise on top of it, which is not that healthy but as long as Mark can get some vegetables eaten, i think that would be acceptable. My favorite mayonnaises for this kind of salad is garlic or bell pepper mayonnaise. It could help him feel a bit better?

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Well its 48 hours until i depart los angeles and head to Australia.

I sit here in my old empty apartment staying one last night.

The walls once covered in art and personal notes on various studies of interest i had are all gone.

My bookshelf that held books from my childhood gone. Most of the books given up to goodwill over the week.

My old dresser that held my tv and served as an all purpose table for everything from a place to put my keys to a food prep area gone.

My bbq that i had cooked countless meals on given up to my best friend. A way to pass on the tradition of the many feasts he and i cooked together.

My wonderful flowers that served as my avatar for years ive said goodbye to. Their seeds carefully saved and put into storage for some other time and another life.

I spent the day standing on my street corner and just stared lost in memories good and bad over the years.

I watched my neighbors come and go going about their daily schedules and said goodbye to each one in turn.

Patted my favorite neighborhood dog on the head one last time and said fairwellashe licked my face.

Watched the kids at the elementary school across the street, their joyous sounds once a constant backdrop to my days here, play and laugh. I fetched a ball, one of my daily duties as a neighbor, that went over the school yard fence and threw it back over one last time. A kid saying "thank you mister" as he excitedly got his ball back.

Saw my best friend again to say goodbye and told him to keep in touch as i would miss him.

Right now i sit here half crying half, excited and definitely nervous.

I think about all of my past thats brought me to this decision to leave los angeles. All the frustrations about feeling out of place in los angeles. All the various jobs i did over the years struggling to survive. The pain. The heartbreak. The loneliness. How everything is getting more and more expensive and prohibitive here. How i cant keep at the pace i am. How difficult it is to even make rent or eat here. All the burning wreckage that was my past here in los angeles.

Thoughts race through my mind about the day my life changed forever when i met a special girl. How a new door has opened. How ive been given a very rare opportunity to restart my life again and totally. I get to travel to a new country on another continent in another hemisphere. Start fresh again. Live my life new with the advantage my years of experience have brought me to be a better person. The road ahead of me will be hard and the adventure worth it all.

I think about how hard i tried every single day to make this happen. How i worked 7 days a week day and night doing soul crushing and lonley jobs. The gutwrenching financial setbacks. How it took me a year and a half just to get the plane tickets.

Some of my friends are supportive others not. My sister has stoped talking to me. My family thinks i will fail spectacularly.

Many dont understand why this risk. Why i burned my life down to be reborn.

The truth is simple. I gave everything in my life up for a chance at love. And that is why im leaving la and my former life. For a chance at love.

Id like to thank the folks in the shed especially night star whom without i would likely have never met this special woman i am giving up everything for. You all in a way have touched and impacted my life for the better because of that and i thank you. Especially you night star.

Wish me luck. And ill see you guys all real soon once ive landed and settled. Ill need a place to share my new life and friends to share my new adventure with.

Best,

Dave

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Thank you for your support my friend

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingForABetterLife

Imagine that that is me in this picture, locked away in a padded cell. All I can do there is sing

"I'm waiting, I'm waiting, I'm waiting."

That is overdoing it a bit but it's how I feel most of the time.

I don't think you overdid it. I took it as a valid metaphor. A very stopping post. Trying to find words... can't find them... Found some for god though, i said "hey, help this lookingforabetterlife dude now, he is looking for a better life and all he gets is **** and this is not cool at all"

Absolutely saddening but i am glad you shared.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   

I have indeed. What do they want? Hm.

Well Thing 1 apparently wants to try to make LARP weapons - something he saw a friend do - so he wants PVC pipe and foam insulation or something like that. Oh, and duct tape. I believe he also wants a paintball gun to shoot his old man with.

I think Thing 2 wants to try to get the full version of Minecraft, and I suspect Thing 3 wants Lego.

How about you? What could an elf possibly want for Christmas?

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

Aussie Aussie Aussie, oi oi oi!

You'll be fine mate.

No worries!

If you get stuck with the lingo, give me a shout out and then you can shout me one!

Lol.

A little in advance I know ... but never-the-less ... welcome to Aussie Land mate!

P

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Thank you phoenix. I definitely will keep in touch with you especially for any language lessons. Still trying to wtap my head around biscuits being cookies and cookies are only chocolate chip. .....and the beets on your burger as standard issue.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR
Wish me luck

Good luck!

I see that you can write very well. I could almost feel some of your emotions which seem quite mixed at this point. And i bet they are, you are surely starting a new chapter in your life! And so, so romantic... your writings gave me a bit of hope also! In my understanding, nothing is constant except change, and even the change changes. Sometimes it is so slow it goes almost unnoticed. Sometimes it is so fast it is hard to keep up with. Sometimes it is for the better and sometimes for the worse.

I bet your move will turn out real good!

Is it possible to get a pet kangaroo there? It could carry some foster's beer in it's pouch!

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Dave, I've followed your story a bit through the Shed.

All I'll say is this: hell yeah. Go see about a girl.

*Tosses donut into the bushes*
Hi Kaelci!

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Here you go mate ... read it on the plane.

Click me here

Danger lesson

Seriously, it is not at all dangerous but ... if you are driving out of the city ... take lots of spare water, in gallons not pints.

P

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

Thank you for your help Fin.

top topics

<< 123  124  125    127  128  129 >>

join