It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Attacks Mayor of San Juan and Accuses Puerto Ricans of Being Lazy

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: Gothmog

What are you going on about? Of course the President has freedom of speech. And? Does that mean he should spend his days telling fart jokes? No? Because that would be unbecoming of the POTUS?

I dgaf about political correctness or how much you do or don't care about political correctness. But I'll tell you that the groupthink phrasing of your "virtue signaling" would seem to indicate that you do in fact adhere to your own preferred variety of political correctness.

Then why start this thread ?
You just shot down your own thread in one post...
Check and mate

edit on 9/30/17 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: GalenMarek

Nice little West Side Story thing there. I'm trying to ignore the racist undertones of your post.
I've been to Puerto Rico. Those people carve a living out of an unforgiving jungle. And they do it on a hillside because the island is mountains. They are not lazy. They would be dead if they were. San Juan is a glitzy tourist area. The rest of the island is pockets of villages and old cities surrounded by poverty in the places in between. I saw houses built out of saltine cracker tins. People living on scraggly little chickens and fruit and vegetables that they grew right up to their front door. I'm sure what little they had is gone. And the people in these beautiful old villages and cities are also in the dark. Without running water, food.
Put yourself or better yet your kids, in that situation and you with no resources and perhaps you can come up with a better contribution than Puerto Ricans are lazy. ...Maybe... I like to remain hopeful.

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl
Uh oh, Trump was mean again.

Snowflakes will be melting all weekend.

I tend to see, at least on ATS and Twitter, the true snowflakes are the trump supporters who cant take a ounce of criticism of their godking
edit on 30-9-2017 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Things were bad before the hurricane, and now after they are worst, I was there for vacation back in December and spend Christmas with my family, but I was lucky enough to stay in one of the many nice resorts and act like a tourist, yes PR love tourist because they are the bread and butter for the locals now.

Touristic areas are protected and you are treated with respect, as long as you don't find yourself in the wrong place.

Having family in the Island is a plus, my brother took me to see what has become of the beautiful San Juan, too many people now living in very closed confinement, the rich has taken over the best coastal areas and so the Hotels chains, that is nice but now when you walk one block of beautiful water front to find yourself on an area that resembles a third world country.

My brother tells me that many of the people in those areas are illegals that find their way from the other Islands in PR, they are the only ones that will live in many of the homes that are no even suitable for human habitation.

Still the Island is as beautiful as you expect from a tropical paradise, It takes my breath away every time I got to the rain forest, the central part is still very beautiful too and not as heavily populated.

I am very sad for my littler Island. My husband and I are waiting to see if we can go to see our families by December.

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Compared to Hugo Chavez by her opponents. I wouldn't expect you to understand that. You have been brainwashed to believe that anybody that supports PR Independence or autonomy is a communist terrorist blah blah blah.....la comandante....you are up to date on local propaganda. Pnpeo

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: GalenMarek

Nice little West Side Story thing there. I'm trying to ignore the racist undertones of your post.

I didn't get he had racist undertones in his post
rather
it was pretty much the centerpiece of the post he squeezed out

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   

I have heard about the violence from friends who were always telling me I should go to PR but then tell me all the areas I should avoid. Drug smuggling is rampant on a lot of islands in the Caribbean.

I've not been to PR let alone lived there. I can only speak to my experience with my friends, people I've worked with/supervised in the past. My opinion is that they weren't any more or less lazy than anyone else.

I also believe that you have a strongly conservative mindset that causes you to see poor people as lazy. I appreciate your honest opinion though.

What is your brother saying about relief efforts? I've heard stories about people on dialysis dying for lack of access to dialysis treatment which hits me particularly hard as my father was on dialysis for several years prior to his death.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   
It's nice to know how the community here feels about me and my people. We won't forget this and the 5 million living in the US won't either. I hope anyone of you gets the balls to say all this # to a puertorricans face mother#ers,

I'm done with this #ing place.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

I've been to Puerto Rico. Those people carve a living out of an unforgiving jungle. And they do it on a hillside because the island is mountains. They are not lazy.

So they are creative, then they should have no problem getting through this hard time.

When was the last time you were in PR, late 80's early 90's?

+4 more 
posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Aren’t you glad that you were able to marry an American and be taken away from all that?

Just think, if that hadn’t happened you’d be one of the lazy louts that you and some others here are ridiculing.

+6 more 
posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

I started this thread because I was appalled by what our President said, having nothing to do with political correctness and everything to do with it being inappropriate coming from the POTUS.

I would think that was self-evident?

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dembow
It's nice to know how the community here feels about me and my people. We won't forget this and the 5 million living in the US won't either. I hope anyone of you gets the balls to say all this # to a puertorricans face mother#ers,

Ah you poor thing, if PR is so wonderful then why did you leave?

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Keep in mind that die hard Trump supporters are obligated to support anything that Trump says. If he insulted their mothers, many of them would probably agree.

I don't think that most people actually feel that way about Puerto Ricans, even here on ATS. Probably not even all of them that are showing their asses right now in this thread. It's just something they feel they have to do. Like pretending that Russia is our friend.
edit on 2017-9-30 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Dembow

I was a young girl during the hoopla of the independent party in the Island, I was there when Roosevelt Roads gates was bombed by the liberation supporters, I was there when the postal offices got bombed and so the mail boxes.

Yes I know how good those behind the scream for independent and liberation really are, I met a few during my days at the Universidad of Puerto Rico a big place for recruitment back in the 70s.

Do you?

edit on 30-9-2017 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

My husband was born in NJ but his parents were born in Puerto Rico and are as Puertorrican as I am.

Please don't talk about what you have not clue about.

Is starting to sound funny.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Anti... You're as bad as those idiots on the left and the ignorant news that live for separation and riling others up.

Prime example....

Your headline:

Trump Attacks Mayor of San Juan and Accuses Puerto Ricans of Being Lazy

- You claim this and nothing, absolutely nothing in those tweets suggested he was calling out anyone other than a failed government. Period... But you like to swing mud when you THINK you have something, but you had nothing...

Trump's Tweet:

Such poor LEADERSHIP.... and OTHERS in Puerto Rico, who are not able to get THEIR workers to help. They want everything to be done for them when it should be a COMMUNITY effort.

- He was dead on. The mayor there didn't want to lift a finger. He didn't want HIS workers involved. He wanted someone to do it all for them as in our Guard, our Workers (US residential) while he and his workers just sapped around. He said it should be a COMMUNITY effort. This was in NO WAY pointing to the people of PR, just the idiots who run it and their PAID WORKERS.

But you like to rile people. You like to take something for what it's not. You are just like all the BS news going around today. You like to take something that you 'think' is happening and run to the rooftops just to point the finger at Trump and Trump supporters. You're trying to find an empty excuse. There is a word for that. I bet you know what it is.

It's pretty plain to me. But you don't want to see it for what it is. You just want something to bash with so you can feel good about being WRONG.

+7 more 
posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

- He was dead on. The mayor there didn't want to lift a finger. He didn't want HIS workers involved. He wanted someone to do it all for them as in our Guard, our Workers (US residential) while he and his workers just sapped around. He said it should be a COMMUNITY effort. This was in NO WAY pointing to the people of PR, just the idiots who run it and their PAID WORKERS.

You're so abreast of the situation that you don't even know the mayor in question isn't a he. So... yea...

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: StallionDuck

You're so abreast of the situation that you don't even know the mayor in question isn't a he. So... yea...

That is all you have for that?

Dude, you are a joke.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   

:waves:

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

You are just going to have to get used to Trump going off on people, in a manner Washington isn't used to. Otherwise you are going to have a long 4 to 8 years.

If there were roads cleared and Drivers things would be better. The bottlenecks seem to be getting everything out from the ports.

Does Puerto Rico import a lot of their goods? I know it's an island but they seem to have issues that predate the Hurricanes. The Hurricanes just exposed the structural flaws

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join