It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Attacks Mayor of San Juan and Accuses Puerto Ricans of Being Lazy

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

someone who knows some of the more primative skills and managed to store and preserve the ingredients needed could bake bread and such, and then or course, I did mention a part about walking all day..
but, I am pretty sure that someone has bread on the island because there was one video showing how a bridge was washed out, those oh so lazy puerto rican had managed to get a robe tied off on both banks of the river and people were using it to help them walk through the river from there they had something like a three hour walk to get to the city so they could get fuel and food..

think the city they were walking to might have been the capital, which is where the help are huddled up in their nicely air conditioned convention center.
weather they have to buy that help or not, who knows. but I also saw a women who said she had money, but it was in the bank but none on her who said the only help she had seen was coming from her neighbors.

what I am finding rather disgusting is the idea that it's okay if trump and gang dropped the ball on this because they are lazy people living in a debt ridden island!! using that as an excuse is rather annoying in my book, especially if one looks at how our gov't responded to the haitian earthquake compared to this and how long it took to respond in both instances. even if what you say about the puerto ricans that they are lazy, that they are in debt up to their necks....
they are our lazy indebted people, the haitians were not!!!

link   

originally posted by: Willtell

originally posted by: DBCowboy
What isn't being done for the people of Puerto Rico?

Can someone tell me and explain why?

The same thing that wasn't done during Katrina by another clueless president Bush

Can you be more specific?

What isn't being done?

+5 more 
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

I'll restate a few points I've made in other posts.

1. Would even the most favorable interpretation be appropriate at this time?

2. The population of San Juan is only about 10% of the entire island. Even if we assume that the Mayor of San Juan sucks at her job and can't manage resources, including people, what about the other 90% of the population?

3. If that wasn't what he intended, perhaps he should either stop Tweeting or try harder to be deliberate and precise in his Tweets. I think most of us make more of an effort to be clear in our forum posting.

I would also add that he stated quite clearly that she didn't have anything bad to say until the Democrats made her do it. Did he have anything bad to say about her until she was critical of the federal response? I'm not even sure how critical of the response she was and if she actually said anything about Trump personally.

Clearly there is a willingness to find ways to make these insulting of the people than I took them — though I really hope you're also taking note of how many supporters went straight to "Puerto Ricans *are* lazy!" — but really, is there any way in which this can be processed to turn his comments into a good thing?

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Its just severe frustration from obama and hillary letting them all down.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Trump has failed to use Harry Potter wizards to magically transport all the relief currently stuck off shore onto the island which has been destroyed and doesn't currently have the capability to accept that relief.

And he should be less evil.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl

originally posted by: ColoradoJens

Trump has reached the bottom of the barrel. His racism is coming out clearly here.

The ATS, Trump butt licking goon squad had been awakened, as usual, in defending the indefensible. It’s disgusting.

As well, blatant racist comments amongst them, but this is the kind of hatred Trump has ignited onto the American public discourse.

Trump is abhorrent and evil and one of the worst phenomenons in American history.

Apparently they feel very safe being openly racists to Puerto Ricans.

Trump gives them cover and brings out the worst in people.

It’s a vicious cycle…

Trump’s clueless defenders enable his worst instincts, and he in turn brings out the worst in them

Everyone's just so mean! Lol.

Let's get back to being peace-loving individuals and attack an immigrant woman for he shoes, because....we're all so kind.

A LEGAL immigrant at that.

link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Well you deliberately cut off the "poor leadership" part of the sentence.
You can't measure Trump with presidential standards because he's everything but. Also I haven't heard a single rhetorical piece of his brain that could have been considered well thought. You have to look at what he says in his frame, not in previous presidents, other politicians or ... I don't know people from outside of Queens(? was it?).
It spares you a lot of stress if you just keep in mind that this is the first time a tweeting bulldozer is president.
Also it would be a lot better if liberals showed their humanistic side and try to understand rather than follow the right wings example of rage and hate for every outside the norm that's happening.
It's not worth it in the end. You have an unrepresentative president, who is just now learning that representing is pretty much the whole job of a president. He has by far not the amount of real power to decide or do anything by himself. He just doesn't know it yet.

link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

If you turn your head to left ninety degrees, you’ll see what reality looks like from outside the Twitter bubble.

Given the sh** storm of threads, I suspect turning his head 90 degrees would only result in him seeing another side of his own colon.
The effort to turn everything into a monumental slight on an entire group, or nation, is reaching quite desperate proportions.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   

The same thing that wasn't done during Katrina by another clueless president Bush

All the trucks full of relief supplies should just drive from Miami to Puerto Rico, as relief trucks could have just driven into the Katrina and Harvey aftermath.

Geography might present a problem but who cares.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   

What isn't being done?

General Who Turned Around Katrina Response Criticizes Puerto Rico Efforts

Lets let the experts speak

The general credited with turning around the government’s response to Hurricane Katrina in 2005 said the Trump administration is bungling its efforts in Puerto Rico.
Russel Honore, a lieutenant general named to oversee Katrina operations by then-President George W. Bush, joined a growing chorus of criticism from Congress about the response to Hurricane Maria.
"It’s kind of like Katrina: We got it. We got it. Oh, s--t, send in the cavalry," Honore, now retired from the military, said in an interview Wednesday. "This is a hit on White House decision making."
He said more people and equipment should have been sent to the island in advance of the storm, and the Department of Defense should be given far greater authority over the response.
Only the military has the ability to move supplies quickly onto the island as many ports remain closed, he said -- what he called "expeditionary logistics," a mix of specialized ships, aircraft and other equipment that the National Guard can’t match. Before the storm hit, the federal government should have positioned more personnel in Puerto Rico, he said.
A week after Maria slammed into the U.S. commonwealth, most of the island’s 3.4 million residents still lack electricity, and just 11 of 69 hospitals have fuel or power. That’s increasingly putting the administration on the defensive as the humanitarian crisis grows.
www.bloomberg.com...

And personally, I believe the mayor in PR over Trump

I's believe dam near anybody over Trump, maybe the biggest liar in History

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Voyaging
a reply to: windword

Yeah, We're concerned that the mayor's focus is on making a damn t-shirt instead of using that time helping out the infrastructure... It's really not that hard to comprehend unless you're emotional or have an agenda...

You're assuming that the mayor made the t-shirt, that it had some untoward ulterior motive behind it and that she did so with time she could have spent doing her job, a job you have absolutely no idea whether she's performing competently or not.

So tell me, how do you think that you're not being driven by emotion and agenda?

Do you know where the shirt came from? Do you know if she's doing a poor job or not? If you can't answer either of those questions, what about the t-shirt makes you certain that it's something worthy of criticizing?

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

What ball was dropped?

Help is there and things will get better soon but you can't make everything right with the snap of a finger.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   

What isn't being done?

General Who Turned Around Katrina Response Criticizes Puerto Rico Efforts

Lets let the experts speak

The general credited with turning around the government’s response to Hurricane Katrina in 2005 said the Trump administration is bungling its efforts in Puerto Rico.
Russel Honore, a lieutenant general named to oversee Katrina operations by then-President George W. Bush, joined a growing chorus of criticism from Congress about the response to Hurricane Maria.
"It’s kind of like Katrina: We got it. We got it. Oh, s--t, send in the cavalry," Honore, now retired from the military, said in an interview Wednesday. "This is a hit on White House decision making."
He said more people and equipment should have been sent to the island in advance of the storm, and the Department of Defense should be given far greater authority over the response.
Only the military has the ability to move supplies quickly onto the island as many ports remain closed, he said -- what he called "expeditionary logistics," a mix of specialized ships, aircraft and other equipment that the National Guard can’t match. Before the storm hit, the federal government should have positioned more personnel in Puerto Rico, he said.
A week after Maria slammed into the U.S. commonwealth, most of the island’s 3.4 million residents still lack electricity, and just 11 of 69 hospitals have fuel or power. That’s increasingly putting the administration on the defensive as the humanitarian crisis grows.
www.bloomberg.com...

And personally, I believe the mayor in PR over Trump

I's believe dam near anybody over Trump, maybe the biggest liar in History

Russia, Russia, Russia, Benghazi, Russia, Russia, walls are racist, Russia, Russia, Russia, illegals are legals, Russia, Russia, Russia, Trump's the biggest liar in the history of the universe!

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Yeah - this is the same general who has been going on tv for a year hurling insults at Trump.
You can get as many radicals as you like to line up and sing the same song - doesn't make it true.
He's one of the go-to guys for radical leftist propaganda.
Nice effort in trying to pass off a biased source as some sort of non-partisan arbiter, though.

edit on 30/9/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

If you turn your head to left ninety degrees, you’ll see what reality looks like from outside the Twitter bubble.

Given the sh** storm of threads, I suspect turning his head 90 degrees would only result in him seeing another side of his own colon.
The effort to turn everything into a monumental slight on an entire group, or nation, is reaching quite desperate proportions.

That would have almost been funny if your head wasn't so far up your own ass that you're peeking out your own mouth.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

That would have almost been funny if your head wasn't so far up your own ass that you're peeking out your own mouth.

Did you just "I know you are but what am I"?

Lol.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Can anyone here imagine any past president doing what Trump did?

Even Bush, who was severely criticized over Katrina, didn’t waste his time responding to his critics, but did reverse himself and eventually do the right thing in NO.

This is not leadership it’s a selfish, childish response to people in trauma that depend on American leadership.

If I ran Twitter, I would ban Trump.

Tell him to shut up and do his job, or resign

link   

Lol, touché.

link   

Another loving liberal, full of joy and happiness.

But Trump's mean.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Can anyone here imagine any past president doing what Trump did?

Even Bush, who was severely criticized over Katrina, didn’t waste his time responding to his critics, but did reverse himself and eventually do the right thing in NO.

This is not leadership it’s a selfish, childish response to people in trauma that depend on American leadership.

If I ran Twitter, I would ban Trump.

Tell him to shut up and do his job, or resign

What exactly is Trump not doing?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join